Beautiful spec! and nice write up on the difference with the Gallardo. The Huracan is a different beast.
Thanks for taking the time to write this, it's these interesting observations about the day-to-day experience that you don't usually get from reviews.Bearing in mind that I had an 06 AWD Gallardo which was likely less refined than the LP models, and I upgraded to a RWD 580-2...
1. Huracan throttle response is more instant & linear, especially from a standstill. Even without using launch control, the Huracan is a rocket when you simply put your boot into it. Gallardo was an utter dog from standstill
2. Huracan steering feels slightly over-assisted with diminished feedback. On the contrary, the Gallardo steering was a bit heavy & slow feeling at parking lot speeds, but very firm & direct at speed
3. The Huracan gear ratios seem much closer together and the transitions are unbelievably fast & smooth. It’s like an electric car in that you never feel any drive loss between shifts. It just keeps going relentlessly faster & faster
4. Even in its most aggressive Corsa mode, the Huracan sometimes omits the dramatic rev-match when downshifting, instead sounding more like a superbike “slipper clutch”, feathering engagement to slowly match RPM to the lower gear. Gallardo does a dramatic rev-match 9 out of 10 times in the same conditions
5. I don’t hear the big gulps of air by the intake on Huracan downshifts and low speed accels. Miss that.
6. The more modern Huracan cockpit imparts infinitely more quality, style, and comfort than Gallardo
7. The Huracan TC is very aggressive to the point the car feels almost underpowered when trying to accelerate hard out of slower corners. The Gallardo pulled much harder in the same conditions. Will be experimenting soon with no TC to see if that can be resolved
8. The Gallardo felt like it over-rev’d on many downshifts, almost lurching the car forward at times. I often had to modulate the throttle manually to smooth the transitions out. The Huracan downshifts are butter smooth with 0 compensation on my part
9. Huracan exhaust sounds like a pack fire crackers going off every single time I downshift or let off the throttle, lol. I can see where some people might get tired of that, but for now I’m enjoying it. The Gallardo overrun was far more subdued & organic.
Lol I haven’t!!BTW, have you tried a launch yet? Be careful, it's crazy.
Enjoy your car like you would a 25 YO Macallan. Take care of her and she will take care of you.Lol I haven’t!!
For that reason, while I’ll often wring out precision, high velocity corners... I’ll savor the drivetrain like a sublime single malt most of the time.