Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Beautiful spec! and nice write up on the difference with the Gallardo. The Huracan is a different beast.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congrats man! I had a Mantis Green 570S Track Pack prior to the Huracan and boy did that paint grab attention, it was crazy lol.

And click the TC button on that dash once to get rid of the annoying overcompensated throttle/power cutting. It's the first thing I do when I get ready to pull the car away.

What tires does it have? The Pirelli Corsa tires they come with blow ass and I highly recommend the Michelin PS4S tires.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks!

Yeah I guess Lambo dealers are required to install OEM for certified pre-owned cars, so I will suffer them out a bit and eventually swap to PS4S.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bearing in mind that I had an 06 AWD Gallardo which was likely less refined than the LP models, and I upgraded to a RWD 580-2...

1. Huracan throttle response is more instant & linear, especially from a standstill. Even without using launch control, the Huracan is a rocket when you simply put your boot into it. Gallardo was an utter dog from standstill

2. Huracan steering feels slightly over-assisted with diminished feedback. On the contrary, the Gallardo steering was a bit heavy & slow feeling at parking lot speeds, but very firm & direct at speed

3. The Huracan gear ratios seem much closer together and the transitions are unbelievably fast & smooth. It’s like an electric car in that you never feel any drive loss between shifts. It just keeps going relentlessly faster & faster

4. Even in its most aggressive Corsa mode, the Huracan sometimes omits the dramatic rev-match when downshifting, instead sounding more like a superbike “slipper clutch”, feathering engagement to slowly match RPM to the lower gear. Gallardo does a dramatic rev-match 9 out of 10 times in the same conditions

5. I don’t hear the big gulps of air by the intake on Huracan downshifts and low speed accels. Miss that.

6. The more modern Huracan cockpit imparts infinitely more quality, style, and comfort than Gallardo

7. The Huracan TC is very aggressive to the point the car feels almost underpowered when trying to accelerate hard out of slower corners. The Gallardo pulled much harder in the same conditions. Will be experimenting soon with no TC to see if that can be resolved

8. The Gallardo felt like it over-rev’d on many downshifts, almost lurching the car forward at times. I often had to modulate the throttle manually to smooth the transitions out. The Huracan downshifts are butter smooth with 0 compensation on my part

9. Huracan exhaust sounds like a pack fire crackers going off every single time I downshift or let off the throttle, lol. I can see where some people might get tired of that, but for now I’m enjoying it. The Gallardo overrun was far more subdued & organic.
Thanks for taking the time to write this, it's these interesting observations about the day-to-day experience that you don't usually get from reviews.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,201 Posts
That was a great comparison of the Gallardo vs Huracan. I agree with everything, spot on.
BTW, have you tried a launch yet? Be careful, it's crazy.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
BTW, have you tried a launch yet? Be careful, it's crazy.
Lol I haven’t!!

Honestly I don’t even think I’ll ever use it more than once or twice.

With a simple foot to the floor from digs, this thing moves out faster than any car I’ll likely meet at a light around here anyway.

Pinning the revs at 4K at a stoplight will probably be a bit dramatic and superfluous, lol.

Even though it’s designed for LC, I still feel like the sudden & jarring “mechanical trauma” isn’t doing the car any favors :)

I’m surely not of the same means that many people are here, and this car is so very special to me. It’s a “lifetime achievement” that I wasn’t sure I would ever attain.

For that reason, while I’ll often wring out precision, high velocity corners... I’ll savor the drivetrain like a sublime single malt most of the time.

·
Premium Member
16,201 Posts
I don't necessarily recommend doing it very often but it is a very exciting experience in RWD car with this much power. You just have to find the right safe place to try it.

Reactions: octechnologist

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Lol I haven’t!!

For that reason, while I’ll often wring out precision, high velocity corners... I’ll savor the drivetrain like a sublime single malt most of the time.
Enjoy your car like you would a 25 YO Macallan. Take care of her and she will take care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,201 Posts
In my day that was close to $100 a shot!

·
Registered
316 Posts
That color! Congrats - - -

Going from Arancio to that is hitting the two best colors in the Lambo stable - -

If I ever transition from my Arancio G, I hope it is to a Green Huracan like that ---

Well done - - - the Green Hornet looks amazing!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulations. It's a beautiful car.
I echo your comment about TC, although I admit I'm hesitant to turn it off on public, though back, roads. Perhaps if/when I take mine to the tracks, I'll turn it off.
Regarding your comment on "means", I think our community of Lambo owners are made up of the super-rich, the can-barely-afford-it, and everyone in between. One thing we all have in common, however, is the passion and appreciation for these amazing toys, and our priorities for what makes us happy. To me, it's one of the best "investments" in my happiness!
Enjoy your gorgeous car, and congrats again.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts