Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,191 Posts
Your car looks amazing! Such a great color for a lambo.

Reactions: octechnologist

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats, it looks amazing! If you don't mind, could you post a brief comparison of how the driving experience differs from the Gallardo?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Awesome car and color!!! Enjoy and drive the snot out of it!!!

Reactions: octechnologist

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
WOW !!! Just WOW !!!, Absolutely love the high wing and the matching calipers. Well Done.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW !!! Just WOW !!!, Absolutely love the high wing and the matching calipers. Well Done.
Thanks. Really happy and I can’t believe this thing fell into my lap! I don’t think I’ve seen a pre-owned green car this nice in the 3 years I’ve been scanning.

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
Sometimes you just get lucky! I have that same wing and love it.

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
I got it from UltimatePD (Shardul) a site sponsor and I think it was about $3500.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
could you post a brief comparison of how the driving experience differs from the Gallardo?
Bearing in mind that I had an 06 AWD Gallardo which was likely less refined than the LP models, and I upgraded to a RWD 580-2...

1. Huracan throttle response is more instant & linear, especially from a standstill. Even without using launch control, the Huracan is a rocket when you simply put your boot into it. Gallardo was an utter dog from standstill

2. Huracan steering feels slightly over-assisted with diminished feedback. On the contrary, the Gallardo steering was a bit heavy & slow feeling at parking lot speeds, but very firm & direct at speed

3. The Huracan gear ratios seem much closer together and the transitions are unbelievably fast & smooth. It’s like an electric car in that you never feel any drive loss between shifts. It just keeps going relentlessly faster & faster.

4. Even in its most aggressive Corsa mode, the Huracan sometimes omits the dramatic rev-match when downshifting, instead sounding more like a superbike “slipper clutch”, feathering engagement to slowly match RPM to the lower gear. Gallardo does a dramatic rev-match 9 out of 10 times in the same conditions

5. I don’t hear the big gulps of air by the intake on Huracan downshifts and low speed accels. Miss that.

6. The more modern Huracan cockpit imparts infinitely more quality, style, and comfort than Gallardo

7. The Huracan TC is very aggressive to the point the car feels almost underpowered when trying to accelerate hard out of slower corners. The Gallardo pulled much harder in the same conditions. Will be experimenting soon with no TC to see if that can be resolved

8. The Gallardo felt like it over-rev’d on many downshifts, almost lurching the car forward at times. I often had to modulate the throttle manually to smooth the transitions out. The Huracan downshifts are butter smooth with 0 compensation on my part

9. Huracan exhaust sounds like a pack fire crackers going off every single time I downshift or let off the throttle, lol. I can see where some people might get tired of that, but for now I’m enjoying it. The Gallardo overrun was far more subdued & organic.

10. Rearward visibility is slightly worse on the Huracan because we are now looking through 2 panes of glass instead of just 1. There is some refraction muddying up the view a bit. Livable though

11. The HVAC squirts cold & hot water on my accelerator foot at various times, usually right after a hard right turn. I googled this and it seems like a common issue.

12. Seems like the car needs an 8th gear. Engine speed is around 3.5K RPM at 80-90 mph cruise speed. Seems too high.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow beautiful bull. Love the colo. Congratulations

1 - 20 of 35 Posts