Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Gallardo Spyder
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new here but has always looked for answers and you guys never fail. My 08 G has 6700 miles I put 170 since I had it the other day the check engine light comes on with the 1-5. Talk to the dealership they have all there cars inside the the building. They say it sat inside for 7 months before I test drove it. I can't tell any difference in the being that I have only had it for about 2 weeks now. So I'm driving out the old gas and give it a treatment. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've noticed a trend of posts like this. Almost every low mileage G (less than 1</yr) tend to have random issues or generally more issues than those at were driven 1-2k a year.

Yeah, cycle through the gas, but also you should get the code read. While it might have been due to sitting around (though gas doesn't really go bad after 7 months, unless something else is up), it could have been a preexisting issue that surface. Also, drive is a lot more, unless you want to keep it as a garage queen.

·
Registered
2008 Gallardo Spyder
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes thank you I have been reaching out for advice. I live in a small town not a lot of road to get into it. I have Done 70mph and to come out of it do the fact that we only have 45mph at the most. The gas light finally came on last night. The car doesn't seem to any different. I'm going to take it to the highway where we have 75mph and drive about 60 miles round trip. I just don't want to hurt the car if something is really wrong. 2 weeks of ownership and 170 miles I'm really afraid and what do what's right

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
1-5 / 6-10 get use it.. Because this will come out 129038293 times while you own this Gallardo.

I got to a point where I just paid it no mind.

Just google "1-5 6-10 Gallardo" and see for yourself LOL

It will most like be your misfire sensor tubes which is not serious at all.

Also 7 months sitting? I hope it's not the same battery.

These cars get crazy once a battery is even slightly dying or malfunctioning. Change it if so.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Once I stalled my Gallardo and those codes popped up (1-5 6-10). After I drove the car 70 miles back home the codes went away. Sometimes the car "Hiccups" and those codes come up.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,481 Posts
Congrats on your new car. For best practices you should run seafoam through your gas tank with fresh gas, not just run it to empty. I would do two or three tanks with seafoam in it at this point just to be safe. It did wonders for my Diablo. Also, someone else posted about your battery. If not the battery, the other thing is to clean the ground and any ground you find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.