Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello Everyone! I'm finally in the club. After 10 years of saving and searching, I finally got my Diablo. 1992 #698. Beautiful inside and out, low miles, just stunning. I can hardly wait for spring so I can actually take her out on the road. It's sitting in the shop for the winter, so it's going to be tough not being able to look at it everyday!

It's dirty right now, but heading to the cleaning shop for a ceramic coat and interior clean and leather conditioning. Any recommendations on products for the coating or leather?

Looking forward to being a contributing member of this forum. Cheers, Todd.

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
OH wow, you just got yourself a GEM of a car...the colour!!
Excited to hear how you progress, keep us all informed please..

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,219 Posts
That’s incredibly beautiful. You’ve got yourself a Lamborghini legend.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Beautiful car

The colour really accentuates the lines of the car.

The are almost bulletproof.

Make sure you do the timing chain upgrade if it hasn’t been done already.

There is an upgraded clutch rod that can be installed to improve reliability. The factory original has a design issue and is prone to failure. They are not expensive and will be money well spent.

Enjoy !!!!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
What a nice rare car! Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club! Methinks you won’t regret it! Red on red - bold!

You asked about leather cleaning. I used Leatherique per advice from Sledge4.2’s posts. Then again, he ripped it all out and entirely refinished his interior. My leatherique job was good, however the leather was already in great shape. I am going to do it again this winter. If you find other leather techniques, please let us all know.

I second at the advice on the clutch rod. There are multiple posts here and on Lamborghini power. Easy peace of mind.

Changing air filters and spark plugs are also very easy and will yield big benefits if they were not already recently done.

Enjoy! And, no, staring at it in the garage never gets old! These cars really are works of art. 10 years in the making— congratulations!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts