Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
having owned both and also normally hates soft tops, I will say that the spyder still edges out a bit. I'll go into detail in a review post later this month (car is off at PPF/paint correction for the next week). No matter which you're going with they're going to be hard to find. Only 37 (21 coupes / 16 spyders) performante for sale in the whole country. There was 42 cars about a week ago so they seem to be moving quickly now that people are realizing their finances are ok (at least for the people looking at lambos). If you break down the amount with comfort seats vs race seats you're probably at half those numbers. Production numbers floating around 1500 world wide coupe and less than 300 spyders (I've been told this and a search will show various dealers telling other lambo talk members similar numbers).

Spyder:
better looking (subjective I know, but I always think convertibles looks more expensive and I like the look of them with the top down
better open-air automotive experience - for those who loves it, they gotta have it, no other way - but if you prefer driving with your windows up in your coupe, then you would just get the coupe instead
better sound - I couldn't believe how much more I can hear, but it's actually not the extra volume, it's the fact that the sound is cleaner - you don't have the boom of the cabin to resonate it.
can't deny the "spyder out" transformation looks really cool. I'm also getting the Smart Top module so I can do it from my key fob which will make walking to the car and leaving the car an event - the top will open or close at the push of the key fob.
I always feel that spiders are more luxurious and expensive (which they are) which adds to my enjoyment of the vehicle overall

Cons:
Soft top up is not as nice as coupe - which means some of the time it won't look quite as good. That being said I don't mind it with the top up, it's a small(ish) top and they did a great job integrating it to the lines of the car. I also might only drive it top up 20% of the time max - it'll live most of its life top down unless parked.
More expensive by at least $35k -Maybe more because that was the price difference new, but most owners tend to spec the spyder with more options.
Less made = harder to find one with the spec you want. My coupe had good options but I wanted a fully specced one this time around in the spyder.

That meant finding one with:

• bright color
  • laser engraved package
  • comfort seats
  • dark chrome package
  • sensonum
  • color matched brake calipers
  • contrast stitching
  • style package
  • Nav (for carplay)
  • glove box
  • anti theft (so it can "beep" when locking the car)
  • cruise control - kinda unnecessary for me but it does balance out the steering wheel - I always hated the empty space where cruise control would be.
That's on top of the typical "necessary and should be standard options" like

• front lift
  • performante interior (forged carbon pieces)
  • branding package
  • painted brake calipers
Very informative post. Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: LHP

·
Registered
123 Posts
How will value hold on a Perf Spyder? It just depends on the time span.

Perfs are already a low production car, Spyder even more so.

Hold for 15 or 20 years. I say you win.

Hold for 2 years. You might lose a bit.

But these are elite elite cars. Sub 7 minute nurburgring. Basically the only Naturally aspirated car, besides GT3RS and SVJ to do that.

I certainly think it will hold value, and long long term, will appreciate like the Diablo and Countach.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Reactions: topcarbon

·
Registered
900 Posts
Keep in mind there are only roughly 300 spyders made. They were in production late 18 and 19 but production was cut short due to the production of Huracan Evos. The GM of my dealer (Lambo Beverly Hills) told me this info and he has no reason to lie - he's been the GM at Mclaren Beverly Hills when I got my Mclarens so I know and trust the guy.

Value wise it's not going to drop that much more - most of them MSRP at 330-350k and the high spec ones around 370k - they've lost around 60-100k already so I don't think there is a better time to buy. I sold my Performante coupe and immediately bought a spyder 5 days later. Good cars are moving fast - covid hasn't stopped anyone and since prices did dip 10-15k with the market people are jumping in. My car had 3 buyers lined up after me, had I not have purchased 2 cars prior I would have lost it.
Production for the Perf was not cut short because of the EVO. The real reason was a massive delay with EPA/CARB certification. My MY19 coupe was suppose to be delivered in Sept but ended up arriving in Dec because of EPA and CARB delays. Also, because of the delays a lot of unsold MY19's were dumped in Europe which got flooded with Performante's no one really wanted.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,072 Posts
Is that Verde Mantis? Look lighter for some reason. Nonetheless it’s beautiful!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
The HP did not got a lot of lovers in Europe, especially due to its wing. That's great for the race tracks and fast turns but you'll get many thunbs down due to the look. For me the spoiler and rear design were not looking good at all. The 610-4 was much better, but also more elegant vs the more power- and racetrack oriented HP design. The HP are having a less good resale value that the 610-4 with the same mileage. Now the EVO comes back to the much nicer design although the duck styled tailwing doesn't look that great too. Saw it in person and decided to keep my 16 Spyder.

I drove the HP and HP Spyder when they came out and was amazed about handling and performance. Especially due to the fact they reingeneered the ABS and the great AWS, The later made the car so light in turns and was great driving on the track in Imola. But honestly, on normal roads and in the hills around the track, the HP and the 610-4 both felt the same besides of the different exhaust sound of course :) The HP soudns better even compared to the 610/580 with Race exhaust.

As said I will keep my 610 Spyder, that already came with the forged carbon parts (serie primo with gloss forged carbon door handles on the inside, only handful made with this) and am looking forward what comes next :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I beg to differ. The wing looks great, especially on the coupé.
We can argue about the Spyder, if a wing and an open top go together well, but also here it looks better than expected.
I wonder where you will get thumbs down due to the look, I'd say it's the opposite.
It's highly personal, what everybody likes best and it surely has something to do with what one is actually driving. So an owner of the regular Huracan surely defends the looks and the clean lines of this car, whereas a Performante owner will argue, that the new front in combination with the diffusor and the wing will give the car the look it deserves and how it should have looked like from the very beginning.
And I won't start with the better sound, more power and ALA now...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
^^^^ and what he said :)

The wing suits the HP so well and the car from the rear view is the best angle in my opinion

Reactions: azzurri

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
I had to add the Wing to my Huracans, and the first thing I will is add it to my EVO. The rear end of Huracan really need some excitement and I feel like the wing gives it that.

Reactions: LHP

·
Registered
78 Posts
The HP did not got a lot of lovers in Europe, especially due to its wing. That's great for the race tracks and fast turns but you'll get many thunbs down due to the look. For me the spoiler and rear design were not looking good at all. The 610-4 was much better, but also more elegant vs the more power- and racetrack oriented HP design. The HP are having a less good resale value that the 610-4 with the same mileage. Now the EVO comes back to the much nicer design although the duck styled tailwing doesn't look that great too. Saw it in person and decided to keep my 16 Spyder.

I drove the HP and HP Spyder when they came out and was amazed about handling and performance. Especially due to the fact they reingeneered the ABS and the great AWS, The later made the car so light in turns and was great driving on the track in Imola. But honestly, on normal roads and in the hills around the track, the HP and the 610-4 both felt the same besides of the different exhaust sound of course :) The HP soudns better even compared to the 610/580 with Race exhaust.

As said I will keep my 610 Spyder, that already came with the forged carbon parts (serie primo with gloss forged carbon door handles on the inside, only handful made with this) and am looking forward what comes next :)
This might be one of the most incorrect and dumb post I've seen regarding the Performante.

Having owned a 675LT, a 458 Spider, and a 488 GTB, I will say that I passed on the 610 at least 3 times when I made those purchases. I've always loved Lamborghini, but driving the 610 was not exciting at all - it felt tame and disconnected. Front end was so off for me that I thought there was something wrong with the car.

As far as design goes the car has cool lines but lacks the aggressiveness that Lamborghinis should have. The Performante fixed both of those issues - the Perf coupe was my first Lambo, and now I have a Perf Spyder. The Performante is well loved everywhere, I haven't seen any negative looks or gestures in the last 5,000 miles I've owned these cars.

I'm not sure how you can say that on normal roads the cars are the same, they are not and this statement alone shows how biased you are. Also, the 610 spyder is no where near as exciting to look at and the wing totally balanced out the body lines of the H. You can love your car, but no need to bash on one of the best Lamborghini ever made. Clearly, there are many people in this thread who begs to differ 😉

Also, I don't know about many people in EU not loving the HP due to the wing. that's a ridiculous statement as well. I saw 10-15 HP while visiting Monaco in 2018, about half were spyders and they were breaking necks everywhere they drove.

And what are you talking about the 610 selling for more than an HP? Are you high? If this is true, I'll buy every single car that's priced below a 610 with similar mileage and clean history 😊 send them my way buddy! Oh and don't worry, they made over 10,000 H but only 1500 HP coupe and 300 spyders - I'm sure your car isn't as unique as you think it is 😊

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had to add the Wing to my Huracans, and the first thing I will is add it to my EVO. The rear end of Huracan really need some excitement and I feel like the wing gives it that.
Wing is absolute must have on the H! Can't wait to see your build!

·
Registered
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
40 Posts
Hey guys - I finally test drove a Performante Coupe - what a freaking car!!! I currently own a 650s and looking to replace it. I was leaning toward a 675LT but the car just felt too similar to my 650. The 600LT is still a contender but I am leaning toward the Performante since it left such an impression on me. I was shocked how comfortable the Performante is and could totally be daily driven - I drove the one with the comfort seats.

The one I test drove was a coupe - but I REALLY want a Spider. I have heard in the spider you sit a little higher - will it feel a lot different then the coupe I drove? I am about 5'8'' and 200 pounds.

Is any extended warranty needed? I have been reading how bulletproof the Huracan is, however, I am forever scarred by cost of ownership and depreciation with the Mac lol - Silver lining is everything now sounds cheap when going across brands.

Any other feedback from owners as I start my hunt? I am located in So Cal. I am trying to be patient and see how COVID plays a role in values and all that - I saw another thread discuss that extensively. I really would like to be in the $225-$250k range for the spider...It looks like its close!
I have a '19 Spyder Perf. I am 5' 7". I have the seat all the way back...I would say 5'9" would be tops you want to be for the Spyder for leg room...with maybe a couple more for headroom.

Reactions: zee

·
Registered
903 Posts
This might be one of the most incorrect and dumb post I've seen regarding the Performante.

Having owned a 675LT, a 458 Spider, and a 488 GTB, I will say that I passed on the 610 at least 3 times when I made those purchases. I've always loved Lamborghini, but driving the 610 was not exciting at all - it felt tame and disconnected. Front end was so off for me that I thought there was something wrong with the car.

As far as design goes the car has cool lines but lacks the aggressiveness that Lamborghinis should have. The Performante fixed both of those issues - the Perf coupe was my first Lambo, and now I have a Perf Spyder. The Performante is well loved everywhere, I haven't seen any negative looks or gestures in the last 5,000 miles I've owned these cars.

I'm not sure how you can say that on normal roads the cars are the same, they are not and this statement alone shows how biased you are. Also, the 610 spyder is no where near as exciting to look at and the wing totally balanced out the body lines of the H. You can love your car, but no need to bash on one of the best Lamborghini ever made. Clearly, there are many people in this thread who begs to differ 😉

Also, I don't know about many people in EU not loving the HP due to the wing. that's a ridiculous statement as well. I saw 10-15 HP while visiting Monaco in 2018, about half were spyders and they were breaking necks everywhere they drove.

And what are you talking about the 610 selling for more than an HP? Are you high? If this is true, I'll buy every single car that's priced below a 610 with similar mileage and clean history 😊 send them my way buddy! Oh and don't worry, they made over 10,000 H but only 1500 HP coupe and 300 spyders - I'm sure your car isn't as unique as you think it is 😊
The 610 and the HP are in essence, totally different cars. The 610 is excessively compliant, smooth and lacking in engagement. Had no interest in owning one. The HP is in a new realm of performance. Still the most vicerally engaging super car I have driven and owned. As for depreciation, trading in the HP with a Lamborghini dealer for another Lamborghini will spare you a huge loss. Selling privately or trading in for another brand will result in a steeper devaluation. I am speaking from experience.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The 610 and the HP are in essence, totally different cars. The 610 is excessively compliant, smooth and lacking in engagement. Had no interest in owning one. The HP is in a new realm of performance. Still the most vicerally engaging super car I have driven and owned. As for depreciation, trading in the HP with a Lamborghini dealer for another Lamborghini will spare you a huge loss. Selling privately or trading in for another brand will result in a steeper devaluation. I am speaking from experience.
I agree..I have owned both...2 totally different cars to the point that the HP should of not been called a Huracan.
Also agree with resale however this one may be a keeper

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Wish I had a RWD HP Spyder, then I would have quit looking for the perfect car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a '19 Spyder Perf. I am 5' 7". I have the seat all the way back...I would say 5'9" would be tops you want to be for the Spyder for leg room...with maybe a couple more for headroom.
I keep reading comments like this here and elsewhere, but it simply doesn't fit with my experience. I own a '19 HP Spyder, I'm over 6' and I don't have any problems fitting in it, roof up or roof down. The only explanation I can come up with is that taller folks can be accommodated via adjustments to the comfort seat, but even then I don't recall having to adjust it much to get comfortable.

I guess what I'm saying is that even if you're taller than average it's still worth trying the HP Spyder, particularly if it has comfort seats....

·
Registered
74 Posts
The HP did not got a lot of lovers in Europe, especially due to its wing.
That's news to me, at least here in the UK where I live.... Many HPs have been purchased here, and I don't see any evidence that they're unloved versus other Huracans. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Perhaps folks in Switzerland are just more conservative than other Europeans...? ;)

41 - 60 of 60 Posts