Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys - I finally test drove a Performante Coupe - what a freaking car!!! I currently own a 650s and looking to replace it. I was leaning toward a 675LT but the car just felt too similar to my 650. The 600LT is still a contender but I am leaning toward the Performante since it left such an impression on me. I was shocked how comfortable the Performante is and could totally be daily driven - I drove the one with the comfort seats.

The one I test drove was a coupe - but I REALLY want a Spider. I have heard in the spider you sit a little higher - will it feel a lot different then the coupe I drove? I am about 5'8'' and 200 pounds.

Is any extended warranty needed? I have been reading how bulletproof the Huracan is, however, I am forever scarred by cost of ownership and depreciation with the Mac lol - Silver lining is everything now sounds cheap when going across brands.

Any other feedback from owners as I start my hunt? I am located in So Cal. I am trying to be patient and see how COVID plays a role in values and all that - I saw another thread discuss that extensively. I really would like to be in the $225-$250k range for the spider...It looks like its close!

·
Super Moderator
3,176 Posts
You don't need an extended warranty and you should be able to find what you're looking for in your price range in my opinion. At 5'8, you shouldn't have any issues with a spyder.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have owned and driven quite a few super cars. Nothing comes close to the Performante in regards to the shear fun factor. I received mine in December 2017 so my warranty expires in December. It has been bullet proof so I wont be opting for the extended warranty. It is still a rush every time I drive it. I love this car may never sell it

Get one..you wont look back !

·
@ChaseZimmerman
232 Posts
How different is the driving feel of the Performante compared to that of a 610? I have never driven a Performante or even ridden in one. I'm not a fan of the standard Huracan and was curious if there was a major difference in feel.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How different is the driving feel of the Performante compared to that of a 610? I have never driven a Performante or even ridden in one. I'm not a fan of the standard Huracan and was curious if there was a major difference in feel.
From what I understand the difference is huge. I've never driven a Perf so I won't comment. I'm sure someone here can go into detail or a search will provides concise answers.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
hey Zee, if you want to settle for the hurricane........Just kidding.
Even though the 675lt is the ultimate, you won't be dissatisfied.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I bought a new 610-4 (waited 7 months to get built). In that time the Performante was unveiled. I test drove it and put down a deposit and traded it in after owning the 610-4 for only 6 months. No regrets

The difference is night and day. It may be called a Huracan but it feels like a different model in regards to handling, power delivery, looks (especially the interior with alcantera and forged carbon) and the sheer rawness

·
@ChaseZimmerman
232 Posts
I bought a new 610-4 (waited 7 months to get built). In that time the Performante was unveiled. I test drove it and put down a deposit and traded it in after owning the 610-4 for only 6 months. No regrets

The difference is night and day. It may be called a Huracan but it feels like a different model in regards to handling, power delivery, looks (especially the interior with alcantera and fored carbon) and the sheer rawness
My apologies to the OP for kind of thread hijacking here. Thanks for the response! I'm sure this will only assist OP in making a decision.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The difference is night and day. It may be called a Huracan but it feels like a different model in regards to handling, power delivery, looks (especially the interior with antera and fored carbon) and the sheer rawness
My apologies to the OP for kind of thread hijacking here. Thanks for the response! I'm sure this will only assist OP in making a decision.
I test drove the Evo. The Performante is a night and day difference as others have said. I was shocked how different it was.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey Zee, if you want to settle for the hurricane........Just kidding.
Even though the 675lt is the ultimate, you won't be dissatisfied.
Ha! It’s fun chatting with you across 3 different forums lol

Have you driven a Performante or a 600 LT? The 675 is an incredible car but to call it the ultimate? Not sure about that but that’s the beauty of cars - each triggers different emotions for different people.

·
Super Moderator
3,176 Posts
Now that people are calling it that much better and that it's a completely different car, I must go test drive one. I have never been in one, but if it's really as people explain, I will be buying one a lot sooner than I had planned. I've been in the market for one in Viola Parsifae but wasn't under the impression that the car was that different. Excited to see...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I test drove the Evo. The Performante is a night and day difference as others have said. I was shocked how different it was.
What up Zee- Yes its totally diff. I dont own one but have friends upgrade from 610-HP and all say the same. I've driven both and taken HP to the track. Everything from the interior to the exterior and aggressiveness.

The EVO even with the forged carbon accents, elevated exhaust etc, still cant pull off that same presence. I know a few good examples in So cal that i have seen sitting for a while, one is posted here. Others at various dealers- let me know!

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's interesting to know.

I have neither driven a 610-4, nor an EVO, but I know the Perfomante is an incredible car, perhaps unrivalled in today's competition. Definitely a keeper, at least for me. :tup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What up Zee- Yes its totally diff. I dont own one but have friends upgrade from 610-HP and all say the same. I've driven both and taken HP to the track. Everything from the interior to the exterior and aggressiveness.

The EVO even with the forged carbon accents, elevated exhaust etc, still cant pull off that same presence. I know a few good examples in So cal that i have seen sitting for a while, one is posted here. Others at various dealers- let me know!
I am looking for a Spider with the comfort seats. I see very few posted in the entire country. Any spiders you know of here in So Cal?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don’t fret over the extended warranty. I don’t think it’s needed at all. Yes mostly bullet proof and no issue of the other sort with other brands.
Comfort seats are fine and preferable for the majority of ppl comparing them but nothing wrong with the carbon ones if you like them. Totally different car than the other models of huracan. Again nothing wrong with any huracan. But it is the cream of the crop of the lineup at that time. Loud as hell and dialed in the way you’d want it for performance but extremely easy to knock about daily if you wished.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys - I finally test drove a Performante Coupe - what a freaking car!!! I currently own a 650s and looking to replace it. I was leaning toward a 675LT but the car just felt too similar to my 650. The 600LT is still a contender but I am leaning toward the Performante since it left such an impression on me. I was shocked how comfortable the Performante is and could totally be daily driven - I drove the one with the comfort seats.

The one I test drove was a coupe - but I REALLY want a Spider. I have heard in the spider you sit a little higher - will it feel a lot different then the coupe I drove? I am about 5'8'' and 200 pounds.

Is any extended warranty needed? I have been reading how bulletproof the Huracan is, however, I am forever scarred by cost of ownership and depreciation with the Mac lol - Silver lining is everything now sounds cheap when going across brands.

Any other feedback from owners as I start my hunt? I am located in So Cal. I am trying to be patient and see how COVID plays a role in values and all that - I saw another thread discuss that extensively. I really would like to be in the $225-$250k range for the spider...It looks like its close!

FWIW I went from a Mclaren 12C Spyder to a Huracan 610-4 and never looked back. Then ordered a Performante. Haven't had a single issue with either Huracan model. Had them a combined 4 years and they've been flawless. I haven't even thought about an extended warranty and probably won't.

And as others have said, the difference between the 610-4 and Performante is night and day. I owned them back to back and from the drivers seat, it's a completely different car. The 610-4 was awesome. But the Performante is a level I didn't know existed. Handling, throttle, braking, steering feel, rawness, composure, etc. It's hands down the most exciting car, in all aspects, that i've ever driven.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I own a Performante Spyder with comfort seats. Despite being a little over 6' I've thankfully not experienced the visibility or comfort issues that some have reported.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Long time Zee. I used to have the orange heads cam viper that later got wrecked after I sold it.

I think since you want the spyder you really need to go for that as it’s a big preference. My buddy can’t stand the view from the spyder as he’s staring at the top of the window but if it didn’t bother you then you are good to go. It’s either an issue with height for some people or seating position preference.

The cars are really bullet proof. And the car feels the most solid of any car I’ve owned. I think you would rest easy and feel good when driving the performante compared to the Mac and even the viper. Huracan build quality and reliability is on point. I think what lambo lacks in tech and performance to McLaren it makes up for in reliability, build quality and overall exotic feel. The engine is exotic and the days of high revving NA engines are ending and the look of the H I think are hard to beat. The Performante is a near perfect car.

I highlighted this post though to get your thoughts on what you noticed differently between testing the performante and Evo? I would have thought if anything the Evo possibly feeling better with the revised steering and identical engine and exhaust. I’m sure the track would show the advantages of the ALA and aero but clearly you noticed much more. I’ve been eyeing the Performante so I’d like your input.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Long time Zee. I used to have the orange heads cam viper that later got wrecked after I sold it.

I think since you want the spyder you really need to go for that as it’s a big preference. My buddy can’t stand the view from the spyder as he’s staring at the top of the window but if it didn’t bother you then you are good to go. It’s either an issue with height for some people or seating position preference.

The cars are really bullet proof. And the car feels the most solid of any car I’ve owned. I think you would rest easy and feel good when driving the performante compared to the Mac and even the viper. Huracan build quality and reliability is on point. I think what lambo lacks in tech and performance to McLaren it makes up for in reliability, build quality and overall exotic feel. The engine is exotic and the days of high revving NA engines are ending and the look of the H I think are hard to beat. The Performante is a near perfect car.

I highlighted this post though to get your thoughts on what you noticed differently between testing the performante and Evo? I would have thought if anything the Evo possibly feeling better with the revised steering and identical engine and exhaust. I’m sure the track would show the advantages of the ALA and aero but clearly you noticed much more. I’ve been eyeing the Performante so I’d like your input.
Hey man! Yes I remember - I love re-connecting with people from other forums when hunting for another ride. Great to hear from you.

I have heard the issue about visibility on the spider - I only test drove the Coupe so I am a little concerned but being only 5'8'', I am hoping its not a huge issue for me as I will only want a spider. I am hoping it won't be a problem but until I sit in one I won't know for sure.

I appreciate your feedback since I know you have owned the Huracan for quite some time now. I have been somewhat scarred by McLaren cost of ownership and depreciation so I appreciate hearing so many good things about reliability when it comes to the Huracan. The 600 LT Spider is still a contender for me despite all that since it is also an extremely engaging car to drive.

As far as the Evo and Performante comparison, it really came down to how much more raw and visceral the Performante felt to me vs the Evo. The Evo was super comfy and a great car, however, compared to the Performante, it felt a bit numb. I drove a 720s and 600 LT on the same day, and even the 720s felt a bit numb(as does my 650) when comparing it to the 600LT and Performante.

The Performante was much louder, more responsive, sharper steering, and just down right more engaging and fun then the Evo. It's hard to give a fair assessment as the test drives are not very long, but from the 10-15 minute drive, it was clear how much better the Performante is and completely exceeded my expectations. The biggest shocker on the Performante was how damn comfy it was! With the comfort seats, it was truly something I could daily drive if I wanted. You must drive one and see for yourself. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
hey guys does the Perf spider drive much different then the Perf coupe? I know sound will be much better on the spider but how about the handling and all that for just street use? Any flex at all?

Would love to hear from people that have driven both the spider and coupe - I know you sit a few inches higher on the spider correct? I am about 5'8" so think I should be fine seating wise. I have driven an Evo spider and was fine and driven a perf coupe. Have not driven a Perf spider yet but will it be similar to Evo Spider in terms of seating position?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts