Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I do now, she took the keys to everything. I can have all the keys remade except noone here has a clue how to make a key for this car. It is a 25th ann Countach. Does someone keep the cutting codes for the car. I am not worried about her stealing the car, just need the keys so I can move it.

any help, and still looking for help with wiring of an MSD 7AL-2 ignition.

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
read the PN belonging the MSD

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
There was someone on ebay selling every Lambo Type key blank awhile back, you could try a search?

and from looking at several different sets here at the shop, it appears the ignitions are simply Fiat Ilco X 152 type blanks, from the CT here the exact data from the key is SIEPA licensed from Nueman which is a German Manufacturer.

The door keys are also crossable to Ilco.

HTH's

ps: hope she doesn't show up on Girls Gone Wild with Your Lambo... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Both my Countach and Jalpa have Fiat keys, I got reserve keys from a local Mister Minit shoe repair shop!!!
Took him 5 Minutes to copy all 3 keys (ignition, door, filler) and costed about $25...

·
Registered
752 Posts
His yet to be wife. = Maybe not any more.

Primary Ignition Key (Unknown, but probably is Fiat)

Primary Trunk = Fiat/Torino Key

Extra Ignition = Alfa-Romeo key, well it has a 4 leaf clover in the black plastic.

Extra Trunk = USA Ilco. Blank # FT-37.

None say "Lamborghini"

I think the C/T's used the same locks, you would have to verify.

~Larry

L

·
0 Posts
I know a locksmith ini Salinas (california) who can probably sit there and carve a key for you on the spot. He does that with Ferraris, he can probably do that for a Countach. He's way good, and any really good locksmith should be able to do this.

Fred

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
lamboguy said:
I know a locksmith ini Salinas (california) who can probably sit there and carve a key for you on the spot. He does that with Ferraris, he can probably do that for a Countach. He's way good, and any really good locksmith should be able to do this.

Fred
I know a Finacee in Dallas "that is way Good" (and willing to travel ;)) until you can get new keys made!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Dude,

That sucks...Anyways, all is not lost...

My 92 Diablo ignition and door locks use a Fiat Key, Ilco Blank # X152

These should be available to any locksmith(once you tell them to search for a Fiat Blank). It is not a rare key.

Any competent locksmith should be able to remove the lock cylinders and either cut a key to the lock, or reconfigure to a new pattern (suggested way to go).

If you really feel the need for additional self-abuse, any Auth. dealer should have in stock or can order a "Factory" blank for you. I suspect the "factory" blank will likely set you back at least $ 40, maybe more. Lambo/Atlanta is a board sponsor, so maybe check with them first.

According to the above posts, the door locks may be keyed differently, but they are also likely to be Fiat locks.

There are a few people on Ebay selling "Complete Lamborghini" key sets. You are likely to pay $ 20 or so for a bunch of blanks, of which, you may only use one or two. They will not be "Factory" keys so this is not really an economical option.

Hate to hear news like this, but at least she did not take the car too.

Regards and good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got keys

got car re-keyed, safer than thinking someone might have keys to it

also ignition done car perfect

1 - 11 of 11 Posts