Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a few issues after letting my '99 Roadster sit for 2 yrs due to private circumstances.

One is that the odometer LCD is blank? It's backlight is working but no readout. The odometer itself is working. It's a km/miles odometer that is adjusted for km. Anyone an idea? And what if i need to replace it, how to write the old mileage properly in the new odometer?
1 shock seemed to leak about 1 desertspoon of oil. After using a few days the leak is gone?... Is that just because the internal o-rings were dry a bit?

2 the right front side, when moving the car slowly I hear a sort of cracknoise like the system is dry?.. Could it be the coilover or the rubber bushings? I sprayed it with WD40 a few months before but its still making the noise.

And as anyone else, the suspension error light is flashing. And the system is always set into stiffness mode 3 when starting the car, it's a well known issue. Except for the fact that everything works fine. The stiffness modes all work, and the lifting system also works. Could it be a faulty pressure switch?

Or could it be the electronics in the shocks? My shocks were rebuilt in 2008 by John Custer.

And last question: the outside temperature sensor in the front of the car, is that only used to trigger the freeze-light? The ice sign. Is it just a gimmick or does it have any other influence? Via the ECU I mean. The sensor is not working, it always displays the ❄ sign, also in summer.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Sorry to hear....it sure is a special car (fellow '99 Roadster owner), glad you were able to retain it. A few years ago, I had odometer problems....it would blink and sometimes the display looked like it was out, but it was actually just very faint. The issues to fix were to fix a ground fault and replace the battery.

I get the suspension error light sometimes....I just ignore it and usually leave it on auto.

Keep watching the shock, it doesn't take much of a leak to know it needs a re-build.

Post up some pictures of your car....

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
VDO gauges are junk, they just fail and brake, half of my gauges have failed. You can ask from VDO if they can fix it or from Porsche enthuast if they have found solution.

I would think you have bearing gone bad. Try lifting car up and try with your hand how it feels, rotate and try to feel if you have loose in bearing.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok here it is, in the snow! Made the photo 2 hrs ago. On the left you see an attempt to see what happens if the frontlight is covered with a mesh back tint. About the odo meter, everything in the car works fine electrically. Nothing wrong, it is definitely not the battery or something. I think it's inside the VDO
Image_625393.jpg

·
Registered
889 Posts
And it's also the best Diablo color....awesome

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,089 Posts
Great pictures. Did you paint the inside portion of the wheels? and also, if those are the only issues you have after parking the car for two years, congratulations. I would proactively check all of your rubber, belt tension, new battery, and drain / discard your old gas if you didn’t already. Run some seafoam or other injector cleaner through the first few tanks of gas.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pictures. Did you paint the inside portion of the wheels? and also, if those are the only issues you have after parking the car for two years, congratulations. I would proactively check all of your rubber, belt tension, new battery, and drain / discard your old gas if you didn’t already. Run some seafoam or other injector cleaner through the first few tanks of gas.
Hi Clyde yes i installed a new battery bc that was already necessary years ago, of coarse i used some injection cleaner, i didnt check the belt, but everything still runs exactly the same as before. Except for the quirks as described. And that there is a bit of gearbox oil on the floor, is that bad? I think that is sort of normal after a while, right?

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,089 Posts
Have you sourced where the gearbox oil is dripping from? If it’s a loose plug that’s pretty easy.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll check it coming week. You are right, the plug is the easiest. I just thought in general its normal that seals and rubbers can pass a bit oil if the car is standing too long. I wont let this happen anymore. Will let it run now every week minimum 1x

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clyde I forgot to mention, yes I powdercoated the wheel inner parts. It's a coating with metal particles in it. In the wheels I added wireless TPMS sensors

1 - 11 of 11 Posts