Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have pictures or information on Ferruccio's White Countach. I think it is located in the Museum and I believe it is a 4-valve car.
Thanks in adavnce, Sincerely Vic

·
Registered
63 Posts
There certainly wasn't a white Countach S in the Dosso museum during any of my 5 visits during the past 6 years.

There is indeed a red Countach QV in the Dosso museum.

Ferruccio had a white LP400 S in his personnal collection at "La Fiorita".
Don't know what happened to that specific car though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ferruccio's Countach was a LP400S 2V car. Chassis #1121164. The pics are from the International Lamborghini Registry.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The one with the white shirt in the most left picture is me :wave: and the one holding the door (bad struts) my stepson Andy.

The car was originally red.

·
Registered
76 Posts
DaLamboMan said:
Did he ever own a diablo?
No he never did.

When Valentino Balboni was test driving a brand new Diablo, he dropped by Ferruccio Lamborghini's vineyard for a visit. The late Ferruccio looked at the car and said "It's a beautiful car but it's not my car, it's not a Lamborghini."

So I'm assuming that he never owned one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
ganjamun said:
No he never did.

When Valentino Balboni was test driving a brand new Diablo, he dropped by Ferruccio Lamborghini's vineyard for a visit. The late Ferruccio looked at the car and said "It's a beautiful car but it's not my car, it's not a Lamborghini."

So I'm assuming that he never owned one.

....which makes the Countach the last true Lambo. Yuss! :wave:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Can someone tell me what attracts you to the Countach? I just don't understand it. I really think its the ugliest sports car that Lamborghini has ever produced (the LM's don't count). What is the appeal?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
miuracorse2913 said:
Can someone tell me what attracts you to the Countach? I just don't understand it. I really think its the ugliest sports car that Lamborghini has ever produced (the LM's don't count). What is the appeal?
Are you kidding? What is not to like. Think about what other cars looked like at the time it came out. It was and still is like nothing else. It is the car that started the whole SUPERCAR class. But to each their own, you have the right to dislike it. But there are many that just plain love it!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info and pictures guys, I knew I had seen them in the past but just couldn't find them. I thought after watching the 40 anniversary DVD it was a 4 valve car that he was driving and owned, my mistake. Sincerely Vic

·
Registered
68 Posts
miuracorse2913 said:
I think it is very ugly from today' standpoint.

But I can remember 20 years ago thinking it was the greatest car in the world.

That is the appeal.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
miuracorse2913 said:
Tell me what attracts with a diablo (a soft washed Countach) or even worse a Murci (a soft washed Diablo).
The Carabo and then the Countach as the first car in series invented the famous scissor doors, it was the dream car of entire generations. What is a Diablo and Murci more than just a development of the 30 years success story of the countach. :evil:

Taking this poll: http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=618
only the 350/400GT are more desirable than the CT :whip:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
miuracorse2913 said:
just to give you anexample
its design is out of time,
it reminds an incredible idea of power
if you loock the back of the countach you can see a big muscle ready to move:

in one word you can like it or not but you couldn't ignore it....

;)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
raymond said:
What is a Diablo and Murci more than just a development of the 30 years success story of the countach.
:
they are the countach anyone can like
for me nothing can beat the grandmother ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow how could I miss this post??

While designs of today are simply dated, the 30+ year old Countach design of Marcello Gandini is just timeless. If you look around, most cars look similar to one another.

I'm just waiting for someone who could break boundaries and design one heck of a car all of us have failed to dream about. Doesn't have to be a Lamborghini though I'm hoping that it will be.

Nothing looks like a Countach.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why is Ferruccio`s white Countach not in Tonino`s museum? It`s the car of his father?

Raymond sayed, that Ferruccio`s Countach was repainted into white. Why? He did not like the red paint?
I think, that he has had enough money to buy a new one coloured in white.

I`ve heard, that the white Countach is not in the best condition in- and outside. Is his 2nd wife the owner? Why the car will not sale in the hands of a big Lambo-Fan? I would buy this "one of"-Countach......if i could :(

See you... :wave:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
You have to know that Ferrucio's second wife and her daughter do not have the best relationship with Tonino. Tonino is managing the company in Dosso di Cento whereas the two women are running the wineyard in Umbria.

I don't know their family relationship exactly, what I wrote are rumours I heard in the Lambo club.
I think they simply divided what was left after Feruccio died, the worst what happened was that many things were stolen during the funeral of Ferrucio held in Renazzo.
The thiefs knew that the whole family and employees were 300Km away and stole what was possible, it's a shame! :mad:

You have also to know that Ferrucio could have been a scotsman, he was extremly stingy that's the reason why the car was registred in Roma, it was cheaper...

·
Registered
142 Posts
But, that is a smart man instead of a cheap man. I admire the guy. How many people do we know started out a car company that produced such extraordinary cars. He had to save here and there and make it happen. Plus, he worked his way to become a wealthy man. Anyone that has gone that journey knows the meaning of a dollar.. I mean lire

1 - 19 of 19 Posts