Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys upgraded your F car to a Lamborghini? Anyone regret doing it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a nice original carbed 308 GTS that Bob Wallace had made significant upgrades to. I bought the Jalpa and sorted it out. I had the great problem of having both of these cars at my disposal anytime I wanted to compare. Well, I sold the 308 in July and have never regretted it..... :wave:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got my Gallardo delivered two days ago and the dealer bought my 98 f355 spider. So far no regrets. I owe a lot of thanks to this site for it allowed me to get needed help/info from one of the member gman(Steve) who helped me solidify my decision in going for the Gallardo over the 360. Drive the car first before you decide. The dealer attitude and valve guide problems along with a tempermental top made me give up on the f car. With the G car I have peace of mind and concentrate on enjoying the ride instead of worrying about what's gonna fall apart next.

Good luck.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Moved from a 360 F1 to a Manual Gallardo. Done just over 3k miles in the Gallardo in a little over 3 months. I did 5k in my F car in 8 months. That tells the biggest story. Plus, so far i haven't even started looking for the next car, which for me is a miracle and speaks volumes about Lambos.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vinrey said:
Just got my Gallardo delivered two days ago and the dealer bought my 98 f355 spider. So far no regrets. I owe a lot of thanks to this site for it allowed me to get needed help/info from one of the member gman(Steve) who helped me solidify my decision in going for the Gallardo over the 360. Drive the car first before you decide. The dealer attitude and valve guide problems along with a tempermental top made me give up on the f car. With the G car I have peace of mind and concentrate on enjoying the ride instead of worrying about what's gonna fall apart next.

Good luck.
Welcome vinrey.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Dumped both my 99 335 f-1, Fiorano Edition and my 02 360 spyder f-1 for my 01 6.0 and the mercys, NEVER EVER EVER going back, what for?? :)

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
After I bought my 348, which is great fun to drive, I decided it just wasn't enough, so bought the Lambo. I'm not a Ferrari Basher, but I'd never buy another one at this point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I sold my 360 to get my Gallardo. Really enjoy the g much better.
Better looks,quicker, better handling. No regrets moving to the g, but still would have liked to have kept the 360(loved the color)too.

vinrey, welcome to the site! :wave: you figured out how to log in.
Hope your getting some nice weather to drive with your new g.
(the all wheel drive however is great on wet roads) A little different than the 355 I suspect.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I also had a 308. I just was impressed and it was not anything special to drive. I like it as a car and it did not need much work, but I wanted something that I could just look at and enjoy. the Jalpa is just that. It is easy to work on, looks great, and is a joy to drive. The Jalpa has a much better sound too.

Welcome to the board Gary, I am from West Milford. I see you are from Dumont...not to far away. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, Steve. I did what you told me an now I'm fully logged in. How you get your car back soon! The weather hasn't been good enough to drive but maybe Monday. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
vinrey said:
Thanks for the welcome, Steve. I did what you told me an now I'm fully logged in. Hope you get your car back soon! The weather hasn't been good enough to drive but maybe Monday. :)
well after you get your new car out let us all know if you have any regrets
on your Ferrari !
hopefully I will get mine back at the end of the week

·
Registered
752 Posts
I upgraded as well

I too moved from F348, but I had a little more cause to. I had a little too much difficulties to get the wheels aligned correctly and the paint needed a re-spray.

Ok, I'm actually really luckly to have walked away from this one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts