Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
What's the consensus on the Ferrari? I've been noticing them more and more. I will get one at some point. The question is. Should I swap my Huracan for one or add the 488 to the Garage. Has anyone had any seat time in both the Huracan and the 488?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
I can only comment from my perspective and I’ve never owned a 488. I think it is one of the best looking Ferrari’s to date. I would consider owning one, but never in lieu of my Huracan.

Reactions: fabo

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
I vote to add not replace. Lamborghini is the standard by which all cars are measured. ;) Disclaimer I have never owned a Ferrari, given I am not a big fan of their interior design(s).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can only comment from my perspective and I’ve never owned a 488. I think it is one of the best looking Ferrari’s to date. I would consider owning one, but never in lieu of my Huracan.
Agreed. I think the 488 looks amazing. That's a big part of the reason why I'm thinking about it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Adding is always better than replacing, except when it comes to your significant other! :cool: I loved the Ferraris of the 90s. I owned a '98 F355 Spider with gated manual transmission. I loved both, the interior and exterior of the car. However, I think the Ferraris of recent years have been optimized for performance, at the cost of the looks, and thus have lost some of their beauty--but I acknowledge that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and this is only MY opinion. I drove a friend's 458 and loved the performance, but I've never driven the 488. But again, if you are fond of the car, and can manage adding it to your garage, I think you should go for it. If anything, switching between your Huracan and the 488 only makes you appreciate each of the cars. Disclaimer: I have never switched between significant others; at least none that I can recall! :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I owned a brand new 488...I lasted 9 months before I sold it for a massive loss. It didn't excite me, the overall design got old fast, the engine noise was blah and the MMI was awful. I'd rather put my money on a 458, it's NA and it'll hold it's value better.
That bad huh? Everyone that I've asked says go for the 458. But I'd like the next car I add to the garage to be faster than my Huracan. Did the car at least feel fast?

·
Premium Member
21,062 Posts
Reactions: Leon

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
That bad huh? Everyone that I've asked says go for the 458. But I'd like the next car I add to the garage to be faster than my Huracan. Did the car at least feel fast?

It's fast but it's not exciting fast if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong, the 488 is refined and drives amazing but it's not the Ferrari model I would put my money on. There's a reason why so many sit on the market for months.

·
Premium Member
21,062 Posts
It's fast but it's not exciting fast if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong, the 488 is refined and drives amazing but it's not the Ferrari model I would put my money on. There's a reason why so many sit on the market for months.
That makes perfect sense to me. Lamborghini may not be the fastest, but it is certainly the most exciting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's disheartening. I really like the styling.

·
Premium Member
21,062 Posts
I remember when I had my first Huracan on order and someone told me it nice but too refined from the older models.
I drove one and said if this is refined I'll take it! If you haven't driven the 488 you really need to do so then you can determine if it is really the one you want. Everyone has a different sense of what is right for them. It is still the best looking Ferrari to date, and with a 0-62 in 3 sec. top speed of 205 what more could you want?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I remember when I had my first Huracan on order and someone told me it nice but too refined from the older models.
I drove one and said if this is refined I'll take it! If you haven't driven the 488 you really need to do so then you can determine if it is really the one you want. Everyone has a different sense of what is right for them. It is still the best looking Ferrari to date, and with a 0-62 in 3 sec. top speed of 205 what more could you want?
Russ you're absolutely right. I'm going to find one to test and go from there.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I traded in my VF Supercharged Huracan for a 488, loved the Huracan and would have liked to keep especially since I had so much mod money into that car. But my limit for fun cars is 2 and I had recently got an Evora 400 and one of my cars has to be a stick. I find the 488 to be a great car, love the styling, is very fast and after checking out Mclaren 600LT and 720s which both had turbo lag found none in the 488. Sound wise it is not as good as my huracan that had a Fabspeed exhaust but truthfully after driving that car for 3 years the insane amount of pops got a little old. First mod I did to 488 was pin the valves so always open and find it sounds pretty good now. MMI is on par with my Huracan but Evo will be ahead. One feature I do like about the 488 is radio controls on steering wheel,

Did keep the plate though :)

Reactions: Durden77

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I traded in my VF Supercharged Huracan for a 488, loved the Huracan and would have liked to keep especially since I had so much mod money into that car. But my limit for fun cars is 2 and I had recently got an Evora 400 and one of my cars has to be a stick. I find the 488 to be a great car, love the styling, is very fast and after checking out Mclaren 600LT and 720s which both had turbo lag found none in the 488. Sound wise it is not as good as my huracan that had a Fabspeed exhaust but truthfully after driving that car for 3 years the insane amount of pops got a little old. First mod I did to 488 was pin the valves so always open and find it sounds pretty good now. MMI is on par with my Huracan but Evo will be ahead. One feature I do like about the 488 is radio controls on steering wheel,
View attachment 289610

Did keep the plate though :)
View attachment 289611
Thanks Blu.. As far as speed goes. Does it feel fast?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Owned a 458 Spider and had a deposit on a 488 Spider but went to Lambo instead. My recommendation is you test drive the 488 and compare it to your H. As soon as I heard the sound, I knew the 488 wasn't for me. F8 sounds even worse. The 488 interior isn't special, it's just a refreshed 458 interior which is 10 years old now. The Ferrari user interface is notoriously laughable from my experience owning 2 of them.

Most of the criticism comes from the driving experience being too insulated and GT-like. One of the gauges of how much a car is revered is it's resale value. 488 depreciation is much worse than the 458 so the market is saying something. A lot of exotic owners don't like turbo and place a greater emphasis on sound, me included. The only way I would consider a 488 is if I got a firesale offer like 40-50% off MSRP for a low mileage car still under warranty. Only at that price point would the value proposition make sense to me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.