Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is not the Ferrari forum. My question is actually for Lamborghini owners.

Do you also own a 458?

Do you consider having one in the garage?

I'm not talking about 488, pista or f8.

What are your thoughts on the 458 after having a Lamborghini?

Do you find it too dated, do you find it classic?

·
Registered
922 Posts
458 Spider to this date my favorite car daily drove a 2014 Grigio Titanio on Nero for 2 years.

Pros: Fantastic exhaust, has a unique character one would understand if they owned one, telepathic throttle response, good rear visibility, never need to use front axle lift, LED lights on steering wheel useful for upshifting, last Ferrari N/A V8 besides Speciale, still gets considerable attention but less than Huracan, still looks good on the street.

Cons: 2 generations old (488 then F8), dated interior and infotainment system, OEM battery died after 6 months, hardtop folding mechanism broke after 18 months, uses more gas than the Huracan, no bluetooth audio streaming, base stereo sounds like a--.

458 gets smoked by 488/F8 but V8T F-car sounds bad.

I have some regret trading her in back then but have no interest in procuring another 458 at the moment. My garage has room for only 1 exotic but my mentality is why go backwards? 458 isn't destined to be a classic they made thousands of them.

My options are keep the 580, go EVO RWD or MC20. 488/F8 only if I got a deal I couldn't refuse.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speaking from experience, line exhaust is glorious, beyond that Huracan is better in every way.
458 Spider to this date my favorite car daily drove a 2014 Grigio Titanio on Nero for 2 years.
Yes, huracan is a very nice car and I enjoy driving it a lot, I'm also looking at getting an Ferrari F8 or 812 GTS but then I also started to think about 458 since there are many available in the market.

@surfah what was the biggest reason you decided to sell it? would you have kept it e.g. if it had premium audio? Were you happy with everything else other than some gimmicks?

·
Registered
94 Posts
@Jason B Owns both a 458 and a Gallardo pre-LP so can chime in on his experience. Personally, if I were to get a Ferrari it would be a 458 for sure with the nice sound, NA, and beautiful exterior styling. But, I'm a big AWD snob so probably would never get one for that reason, and that's probably the reason I'm quite drawn to Lamborghini.

·
Registered
922 Posts
@surfah what was the biggest reason you decided to sell it? would you have kept it e.g. if it had premium audio? Were you happy with everything else other than some gimmicks?
Traded it in for 610-4. Those were the Ferrari glory day. You couldn't buy a 458 Spider unless you already owned a F-car, used 458 Spiders were going for $25K over MSRP. I had to sign a right of first refusal with the dealership basically saying I couldn't flip the car for 12 months, something I've never done since. I traded her in after a couple years for 89% of sticker not including the 5% excise tax credit. Now they make too many F-cars, any first time buyer can get a non-limited edition, the turbo ones sound terrible, they depreciate just like any other car and they drive like 911 Turbo S.

I had an unexpected real estate opportunity come up, traded the 610 in for a 991 GT3. I didn't like the AWD as a daily driver much prefer RWD driving dynamics. Made money on the real estate investment and bought the 580-2 cash a couple years ago. Dailying the 580-2 no way I would go back to the 458. It was a special car but for that period of time years ago, not in the present.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It will age better than the Huracan and already has aged very well. I will own one sometime in the future but I have other cars on my list first. I've driven many 458's and agree that the Huracan is better in every way but there IS something special about the 458 for sure!

·
Registered
922 Posts
The character of the 458 is something unique and why it holds value better than the 488. Like I said the throttle response is telepathic and the engine scream is like a banshee. Its easier to daily than the Huracan. The interior and infotainment are super dated. The 458 spider was the car to own 2013-14. Having owned multiple F-cars and Lambos I notice Lambo owners tend to run younger and are more open minded about other marquees. Go to F-chat its a clusterf-ck about Pista owners sh-tting on F8 owners and 458 owners sh-tting on 488 owners.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now they make too many F-cars, any first time buyer can get a non-limited edition, the turbo ones sound terrible, they depreciate just like any other car and they drive like 911 Turbo S.
Do you have the same opinion also for the F v12s? not counting lusso.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I was considering buying my friend's F12 next year after 2 years of dailying the 580. He just got a Pista and is eyeing an 812 GTS. The f12 looks really classy in special paint Grigio Ferro and sounds amazing. It does have a long hood which im not a fan of as my office parking garage is narrow and easy to curb wheels. I prefer the engine being behind me and my feet being where the front axle lies. It drives more like a go kart and is easier to navigate narrow parking garages and the engine pushes you rather than pulls you forward. The mid-engine Lambos and Ferraris look more dramatic than the front engine F-cars. The f12 is cool if you want to fly under the radar. Used examples are a great deal low 200's for low mileage examples if you look hard enough.

I think the 812 looks ugly and would not consider it.

·
Registered
N/A Tri-fecta: Performante Spider, 458 Spider, GT350R
32 Posts
I love the 458 it is special in many ways. The Performante is also special and each are unique and have their own qualities. I would never discourage someone from getting a 458 as it is the Ferrari to have if you are a NA lover and only can afford one. Just my $.02

In a perfect world of NA cars get the trifecta and get an assortment of cars to enjoy each with this item strengths and attributes.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,737 Posts
I think the 812 looks ugly and would not consider it.
I have to agree, it is quite unattractive and really doesn’t look like a Ferrari.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I drove one a few months ago, after driving a Hutacan and the Huracan bitch-slapped it in every respect including sound. It came off as boring and dated to me, there wasn't a sense of excitement that the Huracan had.

Ultimately I bought neither, but see no reason to have similar purpose cars from the same era.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts