Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The only H I have ever driven is mine, I want to get some feed back on shift speed behaviors from other owners. I recently began to notice that how quickly my car changes gears seems to depend on how heavy I am on the throttle and where my revs are. Some shifts are near instant and others are a little slow, I am always in manual sport mode. When shifting from 1st through to 4th at 4k-7k rpm under light to moderate throttle the shifts are a little slow, I can feel the torque handoff between gears. Under heavy throttle the gear changes are near instant at high RPM and about the same through the rev range, maybe a hair slower at lower rpms.

Does this seem normal? I had my transmission serviced 6 months ago and started to really pay attention to the behavior after that service, so I can't really say if this is normal or if I am scrutinizing it more knowing I had my trans serviced. I have no idea if the shop did a software reset of the transmission adaptations when they changed the fluids, I have read that should be done when servicing the transmission. I plan to bring it in for a quick checkup but any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Throttle position, steering wheel position, and current speed play a part in how the trans reacts. The software is figuring out what you want. Go fast or just cruising in sport. I would be disappointed if it didn't. I really like when you get on it and it holds a gear longer.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I really like when you get on it and it holds a gear longer.
And it is crazy accurate most of the times. I'm ashamed to say that I like the sport auto mode of evo more than manual now. it is so much drama, hard to drive another way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, to clarify I am always in manual mode. It is the actual shift speeds that vary, sometimes it is slowish like my Gallardo was and others are instant like the H is known for. Makes sense that it adapts based on throttle position, shifting slower/softer under light throttle probably helps reduce wear.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
This reminds me that I have yet to drive in auto mode. Got very use to just switching to manual mode in my 488 as soon as I got in as that car is horrible in auto mode. You’re in 7th at like 30 mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts