Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys Please drive your cars safely ---

NEW DELHI: The 26-year-old son of a real estate tycoon died in the early hours of Sunday when the Lamborghini he was driving crashed at high speed into the railings adjoining a bus stand in south Delhi's BRT corridor. A cyclist was critically injured in the accident.

Anukool Rishi, whose father P A Rishi is chairman of MVL Ltd, was thrown out of the car as the impact ripped apart the door on the driver's side. He was declared 'brought dead' at hospital. The accident took place around 5am, police said.

Police said Anukool lost control of the vehicle, which climbed a lane separator before ramming into the railings at the Krishi Vihar Bus stand near Panchsheel on the Bus Rapid Transit stretch.

The Lamborghini broke 20 spokes of the railing and kept moving ahead for around 150 metres, before it hit the cyclist Kishan, 50, and stopped after banging into a pole. Police sources said, going by the damage, the car would have been moving at more than 150kmph.

Anukool was director of business development at MVL, a company that also manufactures mobile phones. He was coming from the Chirag Delhi side and moving towards Moolchand. His blood samples have been sent to test for alcohol. No one apart from Kishan actually saw the accident, police said.

Badri Nath Dubey, a guard at a nearby bungalow, was the first to reach the spot and immediately made a PCR call.

"When I came out of the bungalow on hearing the crash, I saw broken railings on the right side of the road. The wreckage of an orange car lay under a bent traffic light pole on the left and two injured persons were lying on the road," he said.

Anukool, who had got married on November 19, succumbed to his injuries even though the airbags of the car popped out. Police suspect he was not wearing a seat belt and may have been trying to overtake another vehicle. However, the cops have not given an official account of how the accident took place because there were no eyewitnesses.

"We received a call around 5.15am. We rushed the victims to the AIIMS Trauma Centre where the driver of the Lamborghini was found dead while the other person was admitted for treatment. We have registered a case under appropriate sections of IPC and now the accident cell will further investigate the matter," said a senior police officer.

Kishan, a resident of Dakshinpuri, was employed in central Delhi and was on his way to work. He was immediately taken to the AIIMS Trauma Centre by the marshals at the corridor, but was not in a position to give a statement till late in the evening. Doctors said he had suffered head injuries. However, he is reported to be out of danger and stable.

The body of Anukool was handed over to the family following the postmortem. The police are waiting for the autopsy report for further details.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The story states "he was not wearing a seat belt" = Don't wear a seat belt, do not expect to maintain proper control of any vehicle at any speed.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It is axiomatic that the longer into the a.m. one drives, the greater the chance of an accident. Let's face it, only a small percentage of drivers on the road at 2, 3, 4 or 5 a.m. are without some alcohol in them. I am rarely on the road after 11 p.m. whether I'm driving the Lambo or the Accord. Though I can only control 50 percent of any given circumstance, I want as much of that 50 percent as I can get!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I hope the driver RIP, I'm Indian and go almost every summer, I know how stuff like this happens, over taking a car in not enough space, had cousin the almost died like this in Chandigarh but in a Mercedes...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MJ I know what ur talking about man. I'm originally from Delhi . Happened to my friend in his BMW few months back . Its either that Indian roads are not meant for these kinda cars or ppl don't know how to drive them. It's just sad.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
MJ I know what ur talking about man. I'm originally from Delhi . Happened to my friend in his BMW few months back . Its either that Indian roads are not meant for these kinda cars or ppl don't know how to drive them. It's just sad.
Its worse in Punjab, some don't even have a license, they just give about 100-500 rupees every time they caught to the officer and he never reports you. Here is the Indian driving test...

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm Indian as well... just got back from India back in October and there's no question about the safety of the roads there. People have no concept of lanes and its just a massive free for all. Bikers, people walking, carts, rickshaws, giant trucks, motorcyles, dogs, cows, and everything else on the same road... or even highway. Not to mention that everything is LITERALLY 2-3 inches from everything else. Vehicles love driving with their highbeams and if the other side of the road is open - that's fair game also.

That being said - I have NO idea how he was able to even reach speeds of 100km/h... Traffic is so bad you can barely get up to 70km/h.

Unfortunate situation, but I guess if you start messing with Indian roads and pushing the limits - this is bound to happen.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
As I have said before, the 2wd cars are absolutely lethal in the wrong hands. Sad story, let this be a cautionary tail to those thinking about going converting to 2wd or buying 2wd without the appropriate level of professional driver training.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
I think any car is lethal in the hands of reckless idiots who don't think of anyone but themselves and drive beyond the conditions and their abilities. Whether it have 150 of 550 hp, 2wd or 4wd, etc.

Messing up near the limit means you overshoot something, bump into something, scrape the guardrail, etc. Not fly through 150 meters of guardrail in a crowded urban area. (dozens and dozens of pilons, a lamp post, and a cycliet). No offence, I agree rwd requires more driving skill (although the G likes to oversteer nicely with AWD too, RWD vs your average FWD car is a world of difference), but i don't think it played a role here. You're not cornering at over 100mph in an urban environment.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

I will start feeling sorry for these folks when the circumstances read more like

"A high power Lamborghini was sideswiped by a hillbilly in a Ford F150 ran a red light trying to evade Child Protective Services....."

Until then, rich real estate tycoon son, PEACES bro.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Some people's sole purpose for existing in this world is to serve as a warning for the rest of us.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts