Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used fan blower motor to replace mine which I believe is burned out. Anyone ever replaced this? The HVAC climate controls all light up and the fan doesn't blow no matter what fan speed. Fan randomly kicks on if controls are turned on while driving and I hit a bump.

I know the cabin air filters are replaced behind the fuse panel but is this the way to replace the whole giant clunky blower motor unit? Or rather behind the trunk tub above battery or something?

Lastly, are cabin air filters built into the blower assembly? I don't have the unit with me or I would check. Would be a good time to replace them unless they are a separate part behind footwell fuse panel.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
If it randomly kicks on when you hit a bump that sounds like a loose connection. It could be in the blower motor but it is probably a connector. You need to find the blower and see if it is getting power to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn so I unplugged the old blower motor and plugged in the used replacement and no luck. The actuator opened and closed the trap door in the used unit when turning fan on and off on the dash but no motor spinning up. Will have to do some electronics diagnostics on the plug.

And for future reference the cabin air filters are separate from the motor which is right above the battery.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Darn so I unplugged the old blower motor and plugged in the used replacement and no luck. The actuator opened and closed the trap door in the used unit when turning fan on and off on the dash but no motor spinning up. Will have to do some electronics diagnostics on the plug.

And for future reference the cabin air filters are separate from the motor which is right above the battery.
I guess you didn't first check there was power to the motor as I suggested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts