Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this happened to anyone and how was it resolved.? Dealer told me I need to drive the car more which I put in 100 miles in one day and it still does the same thing. This is super frustrating that I can't pass inspection. Car is stock, Battery is good and has not been disconnected. There are no fault codes. I was told it had something to do with drive cycle. Any inputs are appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would be the difference in putting 100 miles in 1-2 weeks vs 100 miles in one day? does it take into account how many days and how does it even know that?

Yes. You have to drive it for a week or two, normal driving conditions. Start stop etc etc. There is a way in VCDS to force emission monitors to a Ready Status.
Putting 100miles on it in 1 trip will not reset all monitors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Each car/manufacturer has slightly different drive cycles that need to be "ready". In general it involve various driving conditions at steady state & low throttle position. I just pulled what I found previously on a Gallardo that got posted on the forum. If you can't figure out exactly which ones are hanging, enjoy the car cruising around town and slower highway speeds, I've never seen a drive cycle that needed full throttle :giggle:

Here is the drive cycle procedure for Gallardo:
– Idle the vehicle for 2-3 minutes. This executes the O2S Heater, Misfire, Secondary AIR, Fuel Trim, and Purge system monitors.
– Drive the vehicle at 45-55 mph for a continuous 7-minute period, avoid stopping. This executes the EVAP, O2S, Fuel Trim, and Misfire monitors.
– Accelerate the vehicle to an engine speed of 5000 RPM and lift off the throttle until the engine speed is around 1200 rpm. This executes the fuel cut off
– Accelerate the vehicle smoothly to 60-65 mph, cruise constantly for 5 min, this executes the Catalyst; O2S, Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge System monitors.
– Decelerate and idle the vehicle again for 3 minutes. This executes the Misfire, Secondary AIR, Fuel Trim, and Purge system monitors.
- When repeating the drive cycle operation for a failed EVAP monitor or thermostat-monitor, allow the engine to cool until the coolant temperature and the ambient air temperature are between 10° C and 35° C with a difference between them no greater than 4° C is observed and repeat the drive cycle operation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most people with our cars don't drive them that much, so I would like to know if this is something they have to go through every time. If so this is ridiculous. I had an r8v10 for 8 years and drove it even less than the Huracan and didn't have this problem each year when renewing inspection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Only have an issue if the battery dies or gets disconnected then it resets. I'm not aware of any time component where it "expires". Keep in mind if the car went in for service its possible the shop could have disconnected the battery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.