Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I am looking at adding some OEM options to my 2012 LP. This came about when I realised my car has a bloody manually operated rear view mirror if I want it dimmed. OMG...

While at it, can I ask please what other such convenience options were available on the Gallardo please?

Auto-dimming mirror - was this a factory option?
Auto folding mirror - factory?
Cruise control - factory?
Auto headlight - factory at all?

What else?

I've recently added external TPMS to the Chinese headunit via USB - works fantastically well (only if there is a way to change the graphic in the app to display a Lambo rather than an ordinary car) and looks very stock (due to the black sensor caps on my black wheels)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Most of us swapped out the factory auto dimming rear view mirrors because they leaked acid which dripped down onto the dash (See Attached). Cruise control, it's a Lamborghini where you have to press the gas pedal with your foot. You have a switch for folding the mirrors, they do not have auto folding mirrors. Auto headlights, I don't think so.
-corrosive-leaking-mirror-dash.jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Most ppl swapped them out? Really? I have auto dimming mirrors on other cars. Never had the acid drip problem. Is this specific to our mirror design?

I thought of one more, was there comfort seat option where the seat moved back when parked to allow you to get out of the car easier?

Regarding cruise control, I get your point. Haha. But Ferrari's have them (and called it Pit Mode or something) so I thought maybe an Audi Lambos also have sensible options like that perhaps....

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Historically, Lamborghinis have been "Spartan" and only started installing "Creature comforts" when it was acquired by Audi/VW Group. I spent about a week looking for the cruise control and finally found out my Lamborghini Gallardo did not have one. Many of the nice extras were installed by Lamborghini not to improve the comfort of the car but because of US safety requirements (Backup cameras, TPMS, etc.). Other comfort items came about due to Audi/VW standardized some of the parts across their vehicles (Duel AC Controls). My car, like others, came with a Lifetime SiriusXM Subscription. Here is a list of my Lamborghini's features:

EXTERIOR:
Front air dams
Electronically controlled rear spoiler
High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights
Power folding heated mirrors
Variable intermittent windshield wiper
Transparent (Glass) Engine Bonnet
Rear View Camera
Silver Brake Callipers

INTERIOR:
Multi-adjustable power heated leather seats
Leather seat trim
Full floor carpeting
Leather wrapped tilt/telescopic steering wheel
Instrumentation: tachometer, external, engine oil and water temp, oil pressure, remaining fuel/ distance gauges
Power windows and door locks
Dual zone climate control system with rear defroster
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT AM/FM/Satellite stereo, CD,GPS, I-Pod, In-glass antenna (After market) and
Lifetime SiriusXM Subscription
Rearview Camera (After Market)
Electrochromic rearview mirror (Replaced w/Manual Mirror)

MECHANICAL:
5.0L DOHC SMPI 4-valve aluminum 10-cyl engine/4-wheel drive
Variable valve timing (VVT)
MPFI fuel injection system with individual static ignition
Drive by wire throttle control
Variable-geometry intake system (VIS)
Dry sump lubrication system
Cooling: (2) water radiators, gearbox oil cooler, engine oil cooler
Lamborghini electronic engine management (LIE)
Electronic stability program (ESP) and automatic slip control (ASR)
Limited slip front/rear differential and viscous traction system
Aluminum space frame
Front/rear aluminum double wishbone suspension with:
coil springs, anti-dive, anti-squat, anti-roll bar, Koni FSD dampers, front/rear stabilizer bars
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires - Front: 235/35ZR19 Rear 295/30ZR19 (Replacement tires)
19" x 8.5" front/19" x 11" rear chrome aluminum wheels (Enhanced OEM Wheels)
Power rack & pinion steering
Power Brembo vented disc brakes w/(8) piston front/(4) piston rear calipers
Anti-lock braking system (ABS) w/electronic brake force distribution
Front automatic brake differential (ABD)
23.8 gallon fuel tank

SAFETY/SECURITY:
Driver/front passenger dual stage and side airbags w/head protection
Trunk anti-trap device
Anti Theft System
Warning lights-include: check engine, low fuel, door/hood open

1 - 6 of 6 Posts