Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 LP640
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone worked out how to service/replace the factory alarm system?

Mine currently sort of works as below:

1. Central locking works, but doesn't respond to key button presses
2. Hazard lights come on steady (no blinking) when the key turns on and then will go out when I press/hold the unlock button - seems to sometimes stop the car from starting
3. Red lights blinking on dash and between the seats when I press the lock/unlock button on the key

I've been doing the regular web searches but can't find much so any thoughts or shared experience is welcomed.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I had to replace mine recently. The MED company is out of business, and I didn't have any luck finding a general electronics repair shop to just take a look at it to see if it was something simple. The circuit board does have the type of capacitors that are known for going bad over time. Not many people left that want to repair things instead of replace them. But I didn't try too hard to find someone, and just paid the ransom for a new MED from Lamborghini.

It would not be too hard at all to replace with an aftermarket unit, except you would have to remove the pretty much useless fuel cutoffs. Aftermarket units are very inexpensive, and the MED is nothing fancy, just marked up by a factor of 20. There's a long thread on here that I started about the whole saga including wiring diagrams provided by a fellow forum member.

·
Registered
2006 LP640
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to replace mine recently. The MED company is out of business, and I didn't have any luck finding a general electronics repair shop to just take a look at it to see if it was something simple. The circuit board does have the type of capacitors that are known for going bad over time. Not many people left that want to repair things instead of replace them. But I didn't try too hard to find someone, and just paid the ransom for a new MED from Lamborghini.

It would not be too hard at all to replace with an aftermarket unit, except you would have to remove the pretty much useless fuel cutoffs. Aftermarket units are very inexpensive, and the MED is nothing fancy, just marked up by a factor of 20. There's a long thread on here that I started about the whole saga including wiring diagrams provided by a fellow forum member.
Thanks! I'll do some searching and dig up the thread. (y)

·
Registered
2006 LP640
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Link below to @Stimpy 's thread on this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts