Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
LP 550-2 Spyder | FI Titanium exhaust | Swift Sport Springs | Fabspeed ECU Tune
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Pre-LP or LP Gallardo owners with Fabspeed ECU tunes on their cars?

I’m looking at a Fabspeed tune for my LP 550; it claims +40 HP, + 39 TQ.

Curious to know your thoughts or experiences with this company.

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
563 Posts
Wish I could help but I'm curious too. They are 48 miles south of me. Cost and will they give me all kinds of crap because I don't have their exhaust system on my car??

·
Registered
563 Posts
Any Pre-LP or LP Gallardo owners with Fabspeed ECU tunes on their cars?

I’m looking at a Fabspeed tune for my LP 550; it claims +40 HP, + 39 TQ.

Curious to know your thoughts or experiences with this company.
Oh hey, what did you end up doing with your exhaust? Did you do the 'flap modification' or just get a different system? Since then I did find that 'plug and play' modification that looks super simple and probably what I would have done if I had known about it at the time ($200)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh hey, what did you end up doing with your exhaust? Did you do the 'flap modification' or just get a different system? Since then I did find that 'plug and play' modification that looks super simple and probably what I would have done if I had known about it at the time ($200)
Great question, thanks for checking in. That’s a handy product you provided, and I probably would have purchased it myself before I decided on an exhaust.

My go-to shop that works on all kinds of exotics highly recommended a valvetronic exhaust by Frequency Intelligent, so I’m about to pull the trigger on that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish I could help but I'm curious too. They are 48 miles south of me. Cost and will they give me all kinds of crap because I don't have their exhaust system on my car??
I provided the tune I’m interested in below. Really nice because you use OBD II to flash your car instead of mailing in the ECU. You download your car’s ECU file, email to Fabspeed, and then you upload the revised file to your car. With the remote, you can switch between stock and revised files for the car.

It might be worth sending a quick email over to Fabspeed to see if you must have an aftermarket exhaust in order to utilize the tune.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Really nice because you use OBD II to flash your car instead of mailing in the ECU. You download your car’s ECU file, email to Fabspeed, and then you upload the revised file to your car. With the remote, you can switch between stock and revised files for the car.
That is Exactly the way it works for my ESS tuned X6M. Trouble with that now is it uses Windows 7 operating system (installed since 2012) I'm still Ok because my 7 Laptop is still (barely) functioning but I'm going to need to address that at some point. Surely now Fabspeed is using 10 or something up to date. The ESS is VIN 'married' to the cable and little box that plugs into the OBDII port so it can't be used or copied to another vehicle so I guess that's how I still have the 'lifetime support'. Same thing at Fabspeed?

Great question, thanks for checking in. That’s a handy product you provided, and I probably would have purchased it myself before I decided on an exhaust.

My go-to shop that works on all kinds of exotics highly recommended a valvetronic exhaust by Frequency Intelligent, so I’m about to pull the trigger on that.
I agree on sticking with another valved system...... you now still have the option to get the valve controller !! I just pulled the trigger myself on an exhaust. Going back and forth for weeks trying to decide. I was VERY tempted with the straight pipe systems from Avior and Rev9 (nothing but titanium for me, I have stainless on an old musclecar) but kept thinking how soon it will get 'old' being obnoxiously loud ALL THE TIME. Finally I decided how happy I am with the Titanium Valvetronic system I already have on my X6M... it's absolutely badass. So I'm going with the same system for the G, in fact, I just paid for it this morning!! Now I have to check out the Frequency Intelligent. I thought I never heard of it but just hit me now it must be the F1, or that's really FI that I HAVE seen very often because nobody ever seems to trouble with spelling it out

·
Registered
563 Posts
Oh I see, the FI comes WITH a valve controller. At first I thought they were related, or a division of Akrapovic (the logo similarity). Different company... where are they from?? I also see that the 'FI' exhaust is NOT to be confused with the 'F1' which is 'iPE F1' out of Taiwan (but yet maybe another attempt to fool us).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is Exactly the way it works for my ESS tuned X6M. Trouble with that now is it uses Windows 7 operating system (installed since 2012) I'm still Ok because my 7 Laptop is still (barely) functioning but I'm going to need to address that at some point. Surely now Fabspeed is using 10 or something up to date. The ESS is VIN 'married' to the cable and little box that plugs into the OBDII port so it can't be used or copied to another vehicle so I guess that's how I still have the 'lifetime support'. Same thing at Fabspeed?

I agree on sticking with another valved system...... you now still have the option to get the valve controller !! I just pulled the trigger myself on an exhaust. Going back and forth for weeks trying to decide. I was VERY tempted with the straight pipe systems from Avior and Rev9 (nothing but titanium for me, I have stainless on an old musclecar) but kept thinking how soon it will get 'old' being obnoxiously loud ALL THE TIME. Finally I decided how happy I am with the Titanium Valvetronic system I already have on my X6M... it's absolutely badass. So I'm going with the same system for the G, in fact, I just paid for it this morning!! Now I have to check out the Frequency Intelligent. I thought I never heard of it but just hit me now it must be the F1, or that's really FI that I HAVE seen very often because nobody ever seems to trouble with spelling it out
Very nice, congrats on purchasing your new exhaust! I’m looking forward to the shop installing mine, should take about 3 weeks to arrive. What exhaust brand did you end up going with?

I also looked at Avior and chatted with Alex. Their exhausts sound great (especially for the price) but like you said valveless systems may be obnoxiously loud all the time. No matter what exhaust brand I choose, my shop recommended a valved system.

Definitely post pictures of the install or sound clips if you can!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Very nice, congrats on purchasing your new exhaust! I’m looking forward to the shop installing mine, should take about 3 weeks to arrive. What exhaust brand did you end up going with?

I also looked at Avior and chatted with Alex. Their exhausts sound great (especially for the price) but like you said valveless systems may be obnoxiously loud all the time. No matter what exhaust brand I choose, my shop recommended a valved system.

Definitely post pictures of the install or sound clips if you can!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh I see, the FI comes WITH a valve controller. At first I thought they were related, or a division of Akrapovic (the logo similarity). Different company... where are they from?? I also see that the 'FI' exhaust is NOT to be confused with the 'F1' which is 'iPE F1' out of Taiwan (but yet maybe another attempt to fool us).
Totally understand your questions, Fi is not as big a name as other brands such as Larini, Fabspeed, Capristo, etc.

Fi exhaust is based out of Taiwan. I know, brows may be raising. The shop I’m going to has installed many Fi exhausts on Huracan’s, Aventadors (notably), and even the Mercedes G63. They highly commend Fi for their quality of sound and fitment.

The shop is also a dealer for other brands such as Akraprovic, Armytrix, iPE, and a few others so no conflict of interest there.

·
Registered
563 Posts
See I'm still confused, but maybe got it figured out. iPE and FI are two different brands and iPE F1 is a version of one brand....? I knew iPE was a Taiwan brand, but couldn't find any definitive answer on Fi but brought me to this link in a Porsche discussion (I still lurk there because I gave up 10 year ownership of one to get the G) - IPE / Fi exhaust - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

I have the Akrapovic Evolution on the BMW... BUT, it also has the cat delete downpipes so the turbo spool is pretty obvious all the time. Here is silly me and the FIRST video I ever posted to my youtube channel with the cold start --
So the equivalent system Akrapovic #akrM-LA/T/4 for the LP Gallardo. I will not be changing the manifolds out to delete the cats on this one. I'm HOPING the fact this is a normally aspirated V10 with the engine so close to the back will account for something that it might come close to competing with the X6 !!

·
Registered
847 Posts
IPE (Innotech Performance Exhaust), FI (Frequency Intelligence), Armytrix, they are all from Taiwan. Taiwan nowadays has very high standard in their welding technology and their quality will not lose out to the bigger boys in the exhaust system industry.

IPE is the (first) pioneer premium exhaust manufacturer out from Taiwan, and the rest are following in its footsteps, churning out high quality and premium exhaust system at premium prices. You wouldnt go wrong with any one of those.

Fabspeed valvetronic with X-pipe with remote is another excellent choice if you are shopping for exhaust with valves and controller. While it is not titanium, the sound from Fabspeed even when valves closed, are nice. Subtle yet louder than stock. If you are constrained by budget, Fabspeed would be the perfect choice. I had it on my car, and absolutely loved it. I changed it out as i had a fantastic offer for a titanium exhaust and due to the weight savings. Sound for my titanium exhaust is tame, almost similar to stock when valves are closed.

My only regret for changing out of Fabspeed is the incredible sound which no others came close yet, for a valved exhaust with remote.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Fabspeed valvetronic with X-pipe with remote is another excellent choice if you are shopping for exhaust with valves and controller. While it is not titanium, the sound from Fabspeed even when valves closed, are nice. Subtle yet louder than stock. If you are constrained by budget, Fabspeed would be the perfect choice. I had it on my car, and absolutely loved it. I changed it out as i had a fantastic offer for a titanium exhaust and due to the weight savings.
I second this. I had Fabspeed system on my 911 the entire 10 years I owned it and never thought about changing it out, perfect for that car. I didn't go with it this time for the same reason as above..... really wanted titanium and scored the AK system for a Bargain.
I can't say anything about the Fi, iPE, or armytrix other than if your shop has experience with these and is recommending one based on YOUR expressed personal preferences....Hey, go with it and Post the sound clips! Seems there can never be enough good sound clips to compare. You need to listen to several because there are so many variables as to the accuracy of the clip. Digital loses something to begin with, then you have the microphone type, the distance and location, positioning, etc. Tunnel and inside garage clips suck, not realistic

Reactions: LamboBrando

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ooops, just realized I inadvertently completely changed the subject of this post......
TUNES, TUNES, AND TUNING....... beyond the factory tune.
Most of us have no need for a Dyno tune as our cars are pretty much stock with at most the addition of a free-er flowing exhaust system.
Who has used Fabspeed or others and costs? I'm not sure I like the ECU mail-in type of deal..... The only experience I have w/ a 'custom' tune is with ESS where I have a box that plugs into the OBDII port, a cable that connects that to my Laptop and I load or unload files, address error codes, etc. that way....... I think that is the ticket, ESS will send me updates and support as requested but it still runs off Windows 7 :confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ooops, just realized I inadvertently completely changed the subject of this post......
TUNES, TUNES, AND TUNING....... beyond the factory tune.
Most of us have no need for a Dyno tune as our cars are pretty much stock with at most the addition of a free-er flowing exhaust system.
Who has used Fabspeed or others and costs? I'm not sure I like the ECU mail-in type of deal..... The only experience I have w/ a 'custom' tune is with ESS where I have a box that plugs into the OBDII port, a cable that connects that to my Laptop and I load or unload files, address error codes, etc. that way....... I think that is the ticket, ESS will send me updates and support as requested but it still runs off Windows 7 :confused:
Fontus, I see in your bio that your LP Spyder has Swift springs? How do you like them? I’m thinking about purchasing them. I’m not concerned about the price ($660 after tax, relatively cheap modification); I’m more worried about ride quality.

Also, Gallardo owners have the ability to adjust the stock springs, so it makes me wonder if I even need to buy Swift for lowering purposes. They claim handling improvements, but I haven’t read much about that on the forum.

·
Registered
563 Posts
LP's NEED Swift Springs (y)

Pre-LP's only if they want to go lower than an Inch.......

·
Registered
385 Posts
I provided the tune I’m interested in below. Really nice because you use OBD II to flash your car instead of mailing in the ECU. You download your car’s ECU file, email to Fabspeed, and then you upload the revised file to your car. With the remote, you can switch between stock and revised files for the car.

It might be worth sending a quick email over to Fabspeed to see if you must have an aftermarket exhaust in order to utilize the tune.

$2600 for - in some cases - 18 HP gain ????????
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :oops:
Yep, Lambo tax at its best!

·
Registered
563 Posts
If that's the case, no thanks. I was thinking 30-40hp could be possible w/ exhaust/intake and a nice fuel remap that might enhance the exhaust note. Tougher to do normally aspirated than forced induction..... got almost 200hp on a TT BMW w/ similar mods, turn up the boost and fuel, delete the cats and your ready to rock

·
Vendor
3,008 Posts
Guys, I'm a DEALER for Fabspeed, LOC, Avior, Loc, Akrapovic, IPE, FI, Capristo, etc. I can literally get anything and my price will be LESS. Fabspeed's tune does help and I have other tunes as well at competitive prices. I've been a Vendor on this forum a quite some time and like helping members out when I can. I'm also partners with Avior, and have better pricing on that line as well. And can even do custom Titanium options.

Feel free to call/text me anytime, 717-319-2100 and I'll go over stuff more and work something out on prices.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.