Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to rent an F430 here shortly. My wife loves the styling over the "G" and I could go either way. I do love the F430's looks as well. Any owners or prior owners of F430's here other than Braco? Anyone drive an F430 that has or had a "G"? Some mini reviews would be great. I found an F430 that is calling my name but I will research it until I know I make the right choice. Thanks in advance -Steve

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well, I've owned an F430 and have driven just about every model G. Not exactly the criteria you asked for but close. I'd say it depends on what year G and model G you're comparing to. On one hand the AWD of the G gives it handling advantage over the F, but the F maneuvers better. The speed is comparable unless u r thinking LP560. If that's the case then 560 hands down. I like the exhaust note of the 430 better than the regular G but i also unplugged the exhaust valves. Gives the F a meaner and louder sound. I don't know how big (height & weight) you are... The F is way roomier. Looks, I'd give that one to the G depending on what color options you're comparing of course. F430's F1 paddles better than the G Egear. And not too much experience with this one because I haven't kept either car long enough, but i would guess as it seems that the G has more maintainence issues. Hope I was of assistance. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your review. I'm 5'09" about 190-200 (I fluctuate between steaks :) ). I felt a little cramped in the G for sure. I drove an 06 G but when it comes time to buy. I want an 09 or later hard top. The 430 looks roomier and I could go either Spyder or hard top. The 430 I am renting (when they get it in) is a Spyder though. I'm more attracted to the 430, I will admit that. I love the lines and the interior a lot more. Are there big differences between the 430 years as far as reliability? I'm sure they got better as the years went like the G. Maintenance is always a big consideration. I'm not rich and will learn to do a lot of it myself. It seems easier to find low mileage 430's as well in every year. I'm looking forward to comparing the two cars. I could go either way right now and I am sure I would be happy with either car. I do love the Lambo people though. Please don't disown me if I go the 430 route. Maybe you can add "+1 Ferrari guy" to the title of the forums :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thank you for your review. I'm 5'09" about 190-200 (I fluctuate between steaks :) ). I felt a little cramped in the G for sure. I drove an 06 G but when it comes time to buy. I want an 09 or later hard top. The 430 looks roomier and I could go either Spyder or hard top. The 430 I am renting (when they get it in) is a Spyder though. I'm more attracted to the 430, I will admit that. I love the lines and the interior a lot more. Are there big differences between the 430 years as far as reliability? I'm sure they got better as the years went like the G. Maintenance is always a big consideration. I'm not rich and will learn to do a lot of it myself. It seems easier to find low mileage 430's as well in every year. I'm looking forward to comparing the two cars. I could go either way right now and I am sure I would be happy with either car. I do love the Lambo people though. Please don't disown me if I go the 430 route. Maybe you can add "+1 Ferrari guy" to the title of the forums :)
Fluctuate between steaks... Good one :D I don't believe there are any differences between years in the 430. Except the obvious fact of earlier in years you go, the older the car is. More garage sitting time, so you see the lower miles. 09 and later for the G is a different "ballpark". Value wise I think the 430 will hold better as Fcars usually do. As for disowning u, I never owned a Lambo until past monday. Had 2 Ferrari's by that point already. No one here casted a stone. ;) Drive em both as everyone has different feels and taste. After u get in the cars start em up, go for a ride, then return a park it in your garage, pay close attention to that little feeling u get inside. You'll know which one is for you.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am anxious to drive the 430. What I hope I can do is rent both the G and the 430 during the weekend so the wife can get a feel for both cars as well. I will keep everyone updated :)

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great review Greg, thanks for the link. I'm looking forward to the experience myself.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fathers day. Chilling with the family and my sick son :( Can't go out so snuggling with the little man :)

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Buy the 430 you will not regret it. In my opinion it is a better looking car then the G, sounds better and drives better too.
I was looking for an F430 spider until a couple of days ago and ended up buying a G spyder only because I couldn't find an F430 for reasonable money. Ferrari prices have skyrocketed here in Dubai in the past few months due to the strong Euro and the European dealers that are buying all Ferraris and especially Porsches on the local market to ship back to Europe.

Don't get me wrong I do have great love and respect for Lamborghini and my favourite vehicle would be a Murcielago roadster second only to the Zonda.
I have only driven the G on the test drive and am still awaiting delivery of the vehicle to me but my initial reaction is that it feels heavy, much stiffer than a Ferrari and not as fast. Obviously a test drive with the salesman sitting next to you is different than living with the G on a day to day basis and I am happy with my purchase but something inside keeps telling me if only my G was an F430 spider.
This is my personal opinion and I am sure a lot of people will dissagree with me but I believe that my opinion is unbiased as I'm not one of these guys that will swear allegiance to a brand of car no matter what (unless it's a Mercedes but that's another story). I don't care if my exotic says Ferrari or Lamborghini on the back what matters to me is what it looks like and how it drives.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm looking forward to the F430 experience. I am as unbiased as they get so I will share my experience when it is completed. Both cars are great and I have read tons of reviews. I know it comes down to personal preference so we will see :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Banana - where in Dubai?

I hope to be putting up a Ferrari review soon as well - although it will be the F355. Already on ship, with an ETA of July 5th!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Banana - where in Dubai?

I hope to be putting up a Ferrari review soon as well - although it will be the F355. Already on ship, with an ETA of July 5th!!
DIFC during the week and Emirates Hills on the weekend.

The F355 is starting to feel dated, it is not as comfortable as the newer Ferraris and not as fast. On the plus side it is a very sexy looking car and has a very loyal following and the prices in my opinion have reached a low. If you buy an F355 in the correct colour you cannot lose money and it is the first Ferrari that can be used on a daily basis if you wished. Some of the switchgear feels low quality and the way the roof opens is primitive if you buy a Spider, the early ones suffered with headers problems and at higher speeds the front of the car feels very light and really demands concentration but who cares just install a Capristo exhaust on it and enjoy the sexiest noise ever to come out of a car (pure F1 soundtrack). My 1998 spider in red with black interior and manual box with Capristo exhaust has been ultra reliable and has never let me down.
If the vehicle that you bought doesn't already have one I suggest that you invest in a rear challenge grill to aid in cooling as the weather in the Middle East is not a vehicle's best friend.

Regards

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sweet!! We should take them out together when mine's here. I picked up a Nero/Nero '98 Spider with F1 Gear. It has the challenge grill, and Ive had the dealer put on tubi before shipping it. Ive also got a full CF interior install and will be putting in a decent sound system once it gets here.

Now back to the F430 :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
:) It would be difficult to take them out together unless you ship your car to the UK. lol

The F1 gear is not so good in the F355 compared to the newer Ferraris as I am pretty sure that the F355 was the first Ferrari with an F1 box. Tubi is nice but Capristo is heaven. Obviously these are just my own personal opinions and I'm sure that You will love your car.
Black looks good on an F355, the black leather is nicer looking too and can take more abuse and being a 98 means that you bought the best of the bunch.

Regards

1 - 20 of 40 Posts