Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
At what point do the exhaust changes cause a need for a change in the ECU tune?
Removing the Cats and Muffler have to make significant changes in the way the engine runs.
As I stated my Pre Lp had the secondary cats and muffler deleted when I bought it. I don't know if the car had any tuning work done to maximize the change.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Does anyone know the exact setup lambojesus is running? Also for prelps is dtp or loc producing the clean high pitch sound or is there no choice but to go the kreissieg route? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Stimpy describes the flow best for the LP.

Yes, the valves do restrict some of the flow and the internal construction of the OEM bypass pipes (and some aftermarket) are not designed for the most flow as they cut a 2"-2.25" hole in the side of the primary pipe and weld on the 2.5" OD bypass section.

As far as aftermarket on LP, they don't restrict the flow as much (obviously) and depending on the routing and length of the exhaust there can be some nasty sounds with different speed exhaust gasses merging. I highly suggest not running RSC/Quicksilver with catless primaries as it makes a terrible sound around 2k rpm (sounds great with primary cats in place).

Does anyone know the exact setup lambojesus is running? Also for prelps is dtp or loc producing the clean high pitch sound or is there no choice but to go the kreissieg route? Thanks!
DTP makes the highest pitch of any muffler/secondary delete system (short & equal length without a merge).

On a pre-LP, LOC sounds good with stock primary cats, but with primary deletes you have to train your throttle input to avoid drone in normal driving.

Kreissieg is loud on a pre-LP because it offers a bypass valve like the LP's and most of the videos are cars with primary cat deletes.

Overall, I have not heard a Murci exhaust that doesn't sound good at WOT (like all the videos). But the majority of time isn't spent at WOT and that's the difficult part of finding the exhaust that best suits your needs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve got straight pipes replacing the original cats. Everything else is still factory. Its a 2009 LP640 and it sounds great. Very loud and F1 style scream at full chat.

I’ve just ordered the titanium DTP exhaust so from Nick (Whiteout) so I can remove the muffler. I’ve heard it weighs 45Kg so be nice to lose that!

It’s due to arrive in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
I’ve got straight pipes replacing the original cats. Everything else is still factory. Its a 2009 LP640 and it sounds great. Very loud and F1 style scream at full chat.

I’ve just ordered the titanium DTP exhaust so from Nick (Whiteout) so I can remove the muffler. I’ve heard it weighs 45Kg so be nice to lose that!

It’s due to arrive in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Great choice with DTP Reid Performance Exhaust

·
Registered
457 Posts
Check out VelocityAP. I have the valved system on my SV and it sounds very F1!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Okay guys.... timing couldn't be better. No BS. My favorite Lambo performance company literally just dropped THE BEST 6.2L first gen Murci exhaust I have ever heard. Literally makes the 1st gen Murci have 98% of the LP640 scream, pitch and F1 sound (and I do consider myself an exhaust connoisseur).

So if you like the way my LP640 sounds (Formula 1), there is no better option than this new Titanium Murcielago exhaust from B-Rogue Built in Chicago (click on black image below):

It is RIDICULOUS. I will be shooting some videos with the owner of the Murci soon (who is a friend). He is thrilled with the result. He commissioned this exhaust and asked Bradon (owner of B-Rogue) to get it to sound as close to my car (straight piped LP640) as possible. WOW. 6.2L values just went up haha

·
@ChaseZimmerman
232 Posts
Okay guys.... timing couldn't be better. No BS. My favorite Lambo performance company literally just dropped THE BEST 6.2L first gen Murci exhaust I have ever heard. Literally makes the 1st gen Murci have 98% of the LP640 scream, pitch and F1 sound (and I do consider myself an exhaust connoisseur).

So if you like the way my LP640 sounds (Formula 1), there is no better option than this new Titanium Murcielago exhaust from B-Rogue Built in Chicago:

It is RIDICULOUS. I will be shooting some videos with the owner of the Murci soon (who is a friend). He is thrilled with the result. He commissioned this exhaust and asked Bradon (owner of B-Rogue) to get it to sound as close to my car (straight piped LP640) as possible. WOW. 6.2L values just went up haha
Need more videos! I'm currently building my titanium exhaust and cannot wait to hear it... Do you have any from outside the car? This sounds pretty incredible from the short video posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes I’ve been following that build so please post more videos would love to hear more clips. Also lambojesus what exhaust setup do you have? And how would you compare the b-rogue sound to dtp, loc, or kreissieg for the prelp models? Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes I’ve been following that build so please post more videos would love to hear more clips. Also lambojesus what exhaust setup do you have? And how would you compare the b-rogue sound to dtp, loc, or kreissieg for the prelp models? Thanks!
Great Question

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
It's Ti time for the Murci right now. Over the past week I made a Ti DTP for a customer's LP640, BRogue made the one above for the pre-LP roadster and Boden made one for a pre-LP coupe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's Ti time for the Murci right now. Over the past week I made a Ti DTP for a customer's LP640, BRogue made the one above for the pre-LP roadster and Boden made one for a pre-LP coupe.

White Out, Is this the system you did for the Savage Garage Big Bird?
They mentioned in their You Tube vid the exhaust was from you but didn't show any pics.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
White Out, Is this the system you did for the Savage Garage Big Bird?
They mentioned in their You Tube vid the exhaust was from you but didn't show any pics.
I'm not sure what exhaust they are running for the secondary & muffler sections, it is a lot deeper of a tone than mine. They are running my primary deletes; intake & 2WD.

That video was great, my all-time favorite car made a cameo (MC12).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not sure what exhaust they are running for the secondary & muffler sections, it is a lot deeper of a tone than mine. They are running my primary deletes; intake & 2WD.

That video was great, my all-time favorite car made a cameo (MC12).
How much of the in-car audio for the Savage Garage video would you say was the intake vs the exhaust?

The in-car audio cranked up on the home theater sounds pretty amazing.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
How much of the in-car audio for the Savage Garage video would you say was the intake vs the exhaust?

The in-car audio cranked up on the home theater sounds pretty amazing.
It's really hard to decipher between intake and engine/exhaust in the vid.

Easiest way to hear it is when they are revving it up around 6:48, when he hits the throttle you hear the intake suck in air before the exhaust noise (especially the last time they rev it).

21 - 38 of 38 Posts