Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 PL560-4 that will not take fuel and builds extreme vacuum. The vacuum is so bad that after the car idles for 5 to 6 minutes, it's very difficult to get the fuel cap off. If the car continues to run, it eventually will die because the fuel pump can't draw fuel against the vacuum. Does anyone know what is causing this?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,506 Posts
Can you leave the cap semi loose for now and wouldn't that allow it to run? Might get a CEL come to think of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I've removed the fuel cap to get it home. Funny thing is, the check engine light didn't come on. The only check engine light was when it died. It through P0089, which is fuel pump pressure.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Possibly some fuel tank vent is non-operational, some line kinked, or something else plugged like a relief valve, which would normally allow makeup air into the gas tank. Not sure of specifics, but that is a start.

PS you see this on cars that got their vented cap replaced by a non-vented one. I have seen gas tanks collapse because of the strong vacuum, so do not delay in getting this fixed. Dealer time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts