Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done any of them? There is
Dream racing, prices are a slight but lower, track has more turns and you get 10min in a simulator before going on track

Exotics Racing higher speed straight but track looks more plain rentals are about $50 more but you get two discovery laps in a Cayenne GTS.

I have rented a 360, 430, 458, R8, and an SLS in cancun but both Lambos were broken down. I also run in the advanced group in my Elise so looking for the best overall experience to drive a lambo again and try out the MP4-12C. I would like to drive the Aventador. It that's an unrealistic car for me to own and I would like to get a comparison to driving the 430 for when I do purchase in the next 1-3 years.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I did exotics racing. 7 laps in a superleggera. The 5 lap package is not enough. It takes 2-3 laps to really learn the track and car. Overall it was a great experience and I'm glad I did it. If you want to compare cars they have packages that allow you to drive more than 1. You will want want to take the car home, lol

·
Registered
299 Posts
I went to Exotics Racing and would highly recommend them. I got to drive Gallardo, Superleggera, and Aventador.

The instructor on the Aventador would turn on corsa mode which made Avendator kick on the up shifts on the last two laps.

You can ask them if they would turn on corsa mode for all the lapse. Since you have experience driving I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

The only thing that could have made my experience better was having the lapse videos in HD. Which I would recommend getting.

One last thing, they have staff to help you with anything you need. They constantly asked how I was doing and took pictures of me with the cars with my camera. At the end of the day I gave him a tip. Just something to consider.

Here are some photos from my trip.
http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f4/exotics-racing-48097/

·
Registered
31 Posts
The course seems to be on the short side.

If you sign up for 7 laps, can you say go 3 laps, take a break, digest, another 2 laps, digest, and 2 more laps? or do you have to go 7 laps at once?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All signed up for February 6th at 9:30 at exotics racing

5 laps in the Superleggera and another 5 in the MP4-12C! I can't wait.

If there is time I will walk over to dream racing and rent the GTR but I need to be at the airport by 2:30PM

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Exotics Racing was amazing, but I spent a bit of the Lambo fund lol.
Ended up adding on 2 laps for a total of 7 in the Superleggera, also added 5 laps in the GTR and then after driving all three the instructor asked what my favorite was and I said hands down Lambo, the Mclaren just doesn't have the same feeling and he said "oh well the Scuderia is a great mix of rawness like the Lambo but rear wheel drive like the Mclaren so I added that to my list and did 5 laps.
All in all 23 laps, 4 cars and I bought a video on a Lambo USB drive, I will post video tomorrow when I get a chance. Sadly it was raining and 50 degrees so my lap times were not as fast as they should be and the instructor did not fully open up the car because of the damp track and others have grip issues.

In the end the Supperleggera was far and away more fun than anything else even though the Scud and Mclarwn seemed to brake better and the mclaren was faster in a straight line, nothing had the feel of the Lambo. The last time I drove a Lambo was in 06 or 07 but I had driven many Ferraris since. I am still around 2 years away from my purchase but this sealed the deal.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Very cool recap. Thanks! Next Sunday I'll be running the Superleggera at Exotics Racing in Florida. I'm fairly certain I'll be adding laps....I think my wife got me 6. I don't have any experience track driving like you do, but still very excited.

Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the cars.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No can't do any of your own filming you have to buy theirs. It's 79 for the video regardless of how many cars you drive. When I did this in Cancun it was 99 per car for a video!
The one in Orlando is a different company it is not Exotics Racing so your pricing structure may be different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts