Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been an EXHAUSTing week here at Shine. Several exhaust installations have been booked during this week, one including this Lamborghini Murcielago. Our customer wanted his Murci' to sound just as aggressive as it looks. He already has a Fabspeed rear section and secondary cat-bypass installed. We are installing a primary cat-bypass made by Fabspeed as well. #LOUD

Check out the some progression and after images of the build process below!

The tear down process begins! We had to remove several exterior body pieces to gain access to the stock catalytic converters.

If you take a peek inside the heat shield you can catch a glimpse of the exhaust system.

Underneath the gigantic heat shield, we can now see Fabspeed's beautifully crafted exhaust system!

In order to remove the factory catalytic converters, we had to remove the Fabspeed X-pipe.

Removing the factory catalytic converters isn't as easy as some may think it is. We had to unbolt the motor mounts to lift up on the motor so we could get some wiggle room to remove the cats. Check out the size and weight difference our customer saved by using these by pass pipes. Not to mention, the amazing sounds it produces now!

Installing the new Fabspeed cat-bypass pipes was a breeze, because they don't have a beefy catalytic converter attached to them. Now it's time to button everything back up and hear what this V12 monster sounds like!

Enjoy these after images of this unique Lamborghini Murcielago!

Be sure to check us out on Facebook and Instagram for daily updates on what’s going on around the shop!​

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
Now it's time to button everything back up and hear what this V12 monster sounds like!

After reading that line I thought you would have put a video up. Nice work regardless.

·
Registered
LP640
2,247 Posts
Removing the factory catalytic converters isn't as easy as some may think it is.
That's a hell of an understatement. Such a PITA.

FYI, since he's catless and running the Fabspeed exhaust, the huge muffler heat shield can be removed for better airflow and less weight in the back of the car.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,214 Posts
It all looks fantastic, but that lower right side exhaust tip would drive me crazy. I just want to nudge it up a bit.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have the same generation Murci, and I did the primary cat replacement in my garage on jack stands. You can see in my DIY on LP that you don't need to lift the engine, and it's really not that bad of a job once you know the trick to spin the stock clamps to get to the second bolts.

That exhaust tip definitely needs to be fixed. The mounting system for the exhaust is ridiculously adjustable, so it's just a matter of moving it to right a bit and leveling it to fix the twist.

And I would never remove the muffler heat shield. Even without cats and a muffler bypass, it get's very hot under there, and saving those pounds is not worth the damage to the paint and body work from the heat exposure over time.

·
Registered
LP640
2,247 Posts
And I would never remove the muffler heat shield. Even without cats and a muffler bypass, it get's very hot under there, and saving those pounds is not worth the damage to the paint and body work from the heat exposure over time.
The massive heat shield was designed for the muffler and secondary cats, which are in close proximity to the trunk panel. None of the aftermarket muffler delete & secondary delete systems (including Fabspeed) come close to the trunk panel. While weight removal is one of the reasons to remove the heat shield, another is the increased airflow from its removal, which in turn reduces temperatures. Also, there is heat shield on the underside actual trunk panel.

I have ran like this on 3 of my personal cars and never had an issue with paint and I’m not exactly the type of person who only drives the car gently over to cars and coffee.

To put it in perspective, there is paint closer to the LP640 exhaust tip than the trunk panel to the aftermarket exhausts and I have yet to see heat damage in that area on any LP640. If you're afraid to run without it, that's fine, but don't make statements without any actual real world results to back it up. ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,214 Posts
The massive heat shield was designed for the muffler and secondary cats, which are in close proximity to the trunk panel. None of the aftermarket muffler delete & secondary delete systems (including Fabspeed) come close to the trunk panel. While weight removal is one of the reasons to remove the heat shield, another is the increased airflow from its removal, which in turn reduces temperatures. Also, there is heat shield on the underside actual trunk panel.

I have ran like this on 3 of my personal cars and never had an issue with paint and I’m not exactly the type of person who only drives the car gently over to cars and coffee.

To put it in perspective, there is paint closer to the LP640 exhaust tip than the trunk panel to the aftermarket exhausts and I have yet to see heat damage in that area on any LP640. If you're afraid to run without it, that's fine, but don't make statements without any actual real world results to back it up. ;)
That makes sense. My dealers mechanic told me to never remove the heat shields and gave me several reasons why, but I think he has to say that.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

I put on an LOC muffler delete with secondary bypass and took your advice a while back (you've posted on that heat shield several times before), and my rear deck lid was massively hotter than normal even without all that OEM exhaust stuff, so I put back on the heat shield and it was ok again.

I'll never run without the heat shield again, and others have posted replies to you as well that they had the heat with the bypasses as well.

Just not worth saving the few extra pounds that you'll never notice.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I find the lack of HD audio/video clips disturbing...
The Fabspeed units look top notch.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Murcielago Exhaust Tone

Now it's time to button everything back up and hear what this V12 monster sounds like!

After reading that line I thought you would have put a video up. Nice work regardless.
There is a video attachment included on the post, check it out and let us know what you think!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Very nice! Sounds amazing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts