Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Welcome Brain...

Please post the pictures up. It would save you a great deal of time instead of sending it to people individually. Let us know if you need help post your pictures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tubi on Gallardo

I also recently installed a Tubi exhaust on my Gallardo. It has an incredible howl to it. One note: I know that some have installed the Tubi without replacing the heat shield. This is primarily due to the height of the muffler section. We removed the mounting brackets of the heat shield and placed them on the opposite side. We then mounted the shield in the existing bracket mounting holes and now have the proper height to clear the muffler. I did this to protect the hoses and wires from the additional heat generated by the unit. I know this prevents one from viewing the exhaust system through the rear grates, but the shield forces the heat out of the rear of the car, not throughout the engine compartment. Anyway, the sound is too cool.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I know that some have installed the Tubi without replacing the heat shield. This is primarily due to the height of the muffler section. We removed the mounting brackets of the heat shield and placed them on the opposite side. We then mounted the shield in the existing bracket mounting holes and now have the proper height to clear the muffler. I did this to protect the hoses and wires from the additional heat generated by the unit. I know this prevents one from viewing the exhaust system through the rear grates, but the shield forces the heat out of the rear of the car, not throughout the engine compartment.
EXCELLENT TIP!!!!!!!! :cool:

Thank You!!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I think I know the answer to this question already, but is the car noisier at start up and idle with the Tubi? I'd love one, but I'm concerned that the extra noise will upset the neighbours as I leave on my early Sunday morning runs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
mhh said:
I think I know the answer to this question already, but is the car noisier at start up and idle with the Tubi? I'd love one, but I'm concerned that the extra noise will upset the neighbours as I leave on my early Sunday morning runs.
won't upset me, neighbour! :wave: :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
We had to remove our Tubi because of the vibration that it created in the car, at idle, it would bring out every little noise that you could imagine plus more from inside the door panels, inside the dash, under the seat. :mad: Not that it's Tubi's problem, it's more the problem with the Gallardo structure. The exaust sounds superb when you're on an open road but it is quite loud for our quiet neighborhood.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Now just add a set of Larini test pipes and if you thought it sounded good before be prepared to have a smile on your face even after you stop driving.

Flames on hard acceleration and let off also :D

Andreas

·
Registered
63 Posts
installed tubi...GREAT SOUND...F1 sound!! a little more noisy at idle...just a little. About same noise level otherwise but sound quality definately improved!!!ITS GREAT DO IT!! :evil:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed a Tubi on my 04 Gallardo and have had no problems with vibration. Sounds great and would recommend it to anyone who is tired of the "quiet" stock sound.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
one of Board Sponsors brought it to my attention that more than helping the Lambo Community you are Spamming the Lambo Community, without giving anything back (essentialy stealing bandwith and advertising space) so I deleleted your post (spam). Other than some pictures on your web site I can't really see that you've ever worked on Lambos before. So unless you want to support the Community (which isn't free BTW) then you have two choices, become a Supporter (Sponsor) of the Community or find somewhere else to post your ads!

:)

and the Same goes for you David Borla, you claimed you wanted to support the Community with an Ad and I have never recieced a reply from you after SEVERAL phone calls.

I don't like people that try to play head games with me, I'm far to busy......gamers will be booted!

·
Registered
1 Posts
new to this but what is the sound difference b/w the Tubi and the Larini?

is it safe to assume that they are two completely different sounds a la Tubi v. Carpisto on a Ferrari?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shadowman should be banned! He spams everywhere..just check Ferrarichat. He likes to Private Message people once he joins the board. That guy is BAD NEWS.

·
Registered
78 Posts
MINION666 said:
Shadowman should be banned! He spams everywhere..just check Ferrarichat. He likes to Private Message people once he joins the board. That guy is BAD NEWS.

Your opinion is acknowledged however it has no basis in fact.

Sadly you have no idea of that which you speak. I have "NO" interest in quote "SPAMMING" even though at times comments shared by me may seem self serving. My desire is to garner what I can from the boards as the result of mutual participation.

With regards to your comment about me sending PM’s to board members; yes I have responded to rare the PM that I receive however do not arbitrarily PM others. You are simply posting BS.

If you were to have taken the time to get to know me rather than simply making some slanderous remark you would understand differently too.

For now I will simply restate that your opinion albeit unfounded has been acknowledged.

You take care

Shadowman

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shadowman said:
Your opinion is acknowledged however it has no basis in fact.

Sadly you have no idea of that which you speak. I have "NO" interest in quote "SPAMMING" even though at times comments shared by me may seem self serving. My desire is to garner what I can from the boards as the result of mutual participation.

With regards to your comment about me sending PM’s to board members; yes I have responded to rare the PM that I receive however do not arbitrarily PM others. You are simply posting BS.

If you were to have taken the time to get to know me rather than simply making some slanderous remark you would understand differently too.

For now I will simply restate that your opinion albeit unfounded has been acknowledged.

You take care

Shadowman
http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=2784&page=1&pp=10

The word of the day is SPAMMER! If you read your posts, it's funny to see the salesman in action. Why would any normal person try to convince another person to spend $10K on something. I know I wouldn't convince my friends to spend $10K on something like this. JRV is right, it's just a muffler.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts