Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’m looking for some guidance here. My LP640 has drivability issue mostly when cold. She surges, bucks, snd sputters when I step on throttle. Usually only when cold. When this happens, I let off throttle and back on throttle again to get her moving. Once she’s rolling, I don’t have any issues.

I don’t have any CEL. I connect my handy scanner and the only fault I see is for engine gas sensor bank 1 sensor 2 and sensor 4.

Aftermarket parts - I have fabspeed primary delete and LOC muffler. With a set of o2 sensor spacers. I also installed new plugs but kept coils. That’s it.

Anyone come across this before. My drivability issues started when I installed the primary cat delete. I’m going to take panels off and start checking connections.

Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
162 Posts
Following. Wish I had advice but am hunting for the same solution...Does your car run fine at upper RPM's? Mine runs perfectly after 1st gear when it's staying above 3,500rpm or so. Better once warm like yours. Full deletes on my LP640 as well. Good luck sir, hope you find a solution! Hoping that this isn't "just the way it is" with primary deletes.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes
Mine runs fine at upper rpm at cold. Once warm it’s usually fine. Last weekend cars and coffee - she shuttered a bit even when warmed up. I called fabspeed and they told me to check for leaks at o2 sensors and the v-band clamp that attaches to stock manifold. I never had this issue ok my murci. And I transferred the setup from murci to lp640 so I don’t know why I have this issue now. I’m gonna go back and make sure everything is tight and reconfirm I don’t have any vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Here’s the scoop. I did what Fabspeed suggested and checked the Vbands and o2 sensors. Both sensors on Bank 1 were loose. Almost hand tight. I torqued them down and tightened the vbands coming off the factory manifold. I started her up and noticed idle was smoother. I did test drive and no more bucking. Driving off line the power is smooth. No more jerkiness. I hit the fwy and wide open I can feel much more power. I’m a happy camper. Drivability is back again.

I did a quick scan and bank 1 sensor 2 is fixed but I still have exhaust sensor bank 1 sensor 4 failing. Don’t know what that could be but no CEL. I’ll try to dig in some more tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
162 Posts
Awesome progress, gotta be a relief! Pardon my ignorance but hoping you could confirm...in this photo am I checking tightness on these or another spot on the exhaust? The meistershaft pipes look like cats but are not. I’m not sure what each of the attachment/sensors is, still learning my new car. Much appreciated and Happy
Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Circle blue is the most important sensor. ThAts the one that must be tight. Don’t let air get in through there
Yellow is exhaust temp sensor. Red is post o2 sensor (that’s the one you use extenders to avoid CEL).

from looks of things you have a sport cat I would make sure blue and green are tight. Not too tight as you will want to remove in future. Just not loose where air can get sucked in.

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
162 Posts
OK, for some reason I had myself convinced I have these with the car. Ferrari dealer was the seller and didn’t have much information on the exhaust. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry for previous comments. I was texting while carving turkey.

yes. Looks like you have those cats. Looks like sport cats. Like I said earlier. I don’t think you have same issue as mine. Unless you recently took off and installed those parts. Wouldn’t hurt to check for codes.

separately I did have drivability issues with my roadster. Would drive like a Mac truck and I would surge/buck at low speed. I had the shop adjust the egear engagement to smooth out the roughness. That fix the issue on roadster.

Did you take yours into dealer or shop to get their opinion on your issue?

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
162 Posts
I'm in Southern Oregon, no dealer in the State. I still have plugs and filters to try...could well be a vacuum leak as well. My day will come :) Thanks again for the help today and best of luck sorting the remaining ghost in your machine.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in Southern Oregon, no dealer in the State. I still have plugs and filters to try...could well be a vacuum leak as well. My day will come :) Thanks again for the help today and best of luck sorting the remaining ghost in your machine.
Hey Mctowery. I have some more info to share. My LP still had bucking and drivability issues when cold so I took her into A local mechanic that specializes in exotics - Norwood auto Italia. They hooked up the Lambo LARA computer. They adjusted the throttle response and clutch engagement. After a few cold mornings of tuning they were able to find the best setup. I picked up the murci today. Right off the bat. No more surging or bucking. The throttle response is incredible. Night and day difference.

There’s things that capable murci owners can do at home but most of us don’t own or have access to the LARA computer to reprogram and adjust ourselves. Best money spent for me. I know you said there’s no local lambo dealer but maybe there’s you an independent shop that works on lambos - don’t bother if they don’t have the lambo computer.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
162 Posts
Wow, that is great news! The LARA route is definitely my fall back if the plugs don't fix it (or vacuum line, should I find a leak). Worst case I might have to buy the damned laptop/system myself...can always be re-sold once I'm done with it. I've heard someone rents out there's but can't remember who. Really cool that your car is so dialed in now and I appreciate the update! Mike

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Mine does the cold bucking a little as well. Once warmed up it gets better. What may be happening with the cat delete is the reading between the two sensors is different than if a cat was there. Might be corrected by a tuner. Air getting to the O2 sensor is always a big problem. Make sure they are sealed tight. They are very sensitive.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
OH I forgot to add, I have ordered a service manual which should have lots of insights into sensors, voltages etc. Once I get it maybe I can help more. Lee

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I just ordered two new ones for mine. My code reader was showing both bad. From Scuderia only 289 ea. They appear to be the same as an early 2000s VW beetle. I looked up the PN for the Sensor online and it crossed over. Looks identical at half the price.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts