Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
I love the look but to me the cost is too high. If I鈥檓 not mistaken, I believe you now can鈥檛 get the maintenance in a package and would have to pay separately for it which is exorbitant.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh I think its around 6k more for the glass and few people said about if steams up and stuff would hate.. I do like both think the slats give it a more mean look more bat mobile

Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
Yeh I think its around 6k more for the glass and few people said about if steams up and stuff would hate.. I do like both think the slats give it a more mean look more bat mobile
Agree! Very batmobile like. This is my first Lambo so had to get the see thru glass. I couldn鈥檛 pass that up no matter how much I like the louvers.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
OP, louvers looks nice but are you concerned about compromised visibility? The other reason people like glass is it allows one to view the centerpiece of the Huracan, the 10-Cylinder NA engine.

Reactions: Luzifer

Registered
My GF thinks it's silly to buy a Lambo which doesn't have scissor doors and it's as twice as silly to pay so much ridiculous money on a Lambo without a glass bonnet. She has a point.

At the minimum a glass bonnet for me. Louvers still look cool and mean but I need at least one of the two.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
My GF thinks it's silly to buy a Lambo which doesn't have scissor doors and it's as twice as silly to pay so much ridiculous money on a Lambo without a glass bonnet. She has a point.

At the minimum a glass bonnet for me. Louvers still look cool and mean but I need at least one of the two.
The glass bonnet is why I would never do a drop top but some people are less concerned about an engine view.............not me though.

Reactions: Luzifer

Registered
I鈥檓 actually doing this mod, I purchased the louvered engine lid to replace my glass window but I鈥檓 also having it repainted in satin Nero Noctis to match my car, will see how it looks when finished. The standard lid is too gray.
If I did louvred cover this is the only way I would do it. Will look awesome once you do it. Post pics please.

Premium Member
I don't get louvers over glass? One of the points of having them is to save the weight of glass and for engine cooling, that is how it was on my Lotus
Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Reactions: Rcasa20

Registered
Its going to negatively affect resale. Most 2nd hand buyers will want glass Transparent engine bonnet.

That being said some say the louvered engine cover has better visibiity than glass. I never verefied this.

Registered
I had the Louvers on my 580 and yes, they're plastic but I like the look. More aggressive than the glass cover.

I did notice one flaw with the Louvers which was the plastic stained very easily like when it rained I would get hard water marks or if I used the wrong detailing product it was hard to remove the residue.

Also the glass cover is better for resale if you care.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts