Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Driving my 488 was basically just driving. Driving my Evo is more of an event and that is what I need from my fun car. I also find the interior in my Evo far sharper than 488 which is pretty dated with controls that are way behind. AC drove me crazy as it only cooled things down if you put on high and then fan would go up and down with how you accelerated. Mine didnt have Carplay which would have been kind of useless anyways since it would have been on tiny display. The Evo makes me feel like I'm finally driving a supercar that has features of a modern car

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went from 12C spyder to 488 coupe to 720 coupe to 675LT Spyder to Performante Spyder....488 was the least I liked, Perf is on top of it all, It's Perfection. Perf is stock right now, all the others were heavily modded

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,497 Posts
We are very fortunate to be able to be hearing from people that have owned both and more to give their comparisons. It really seems like Lamborghini offers the greatest reward overall. I have been so satisfied with the brand I have never even wanted to look to something else. I am going to ride this brand into the sunset!

·
Vendor
2,496 Posts
If sound is your number one criterion for a super car, stay with the EVO or get a 458.
I went with the 458 for that reason. 9,000 rpm redline and awesome. Did Speciale wheels, Capristo exhaust, etc. the 488 just doesn’t sound good after you hear this. Also, 488 redline is 8k and you have to shift before you can even get close to hearing anything good. Message me if you want more info, I've driven just about everything and the handling on this is incredible :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went with the 458 for that reason. 9,000 rpm redline and awesome. Did Speciale wheels, Capristo exhaust, etc. the 488 just doesn’t sound good after you hear this. Also, 488 redline is 8k and you have to shift before you can even get close to hearing anything good. Message me if you want more info, I've driven just about everything and the handling on this is incredible :)

View attachment 290958
Too late! Got ya covered. Complete with Mass Engineering tune and Kline Exhaust and 200 cell cats. I’m thinking it’s a keeper and now debating my next move.

As the posters said above, these are magical times for supercars, but the pace of change is a bit overwhelming - at least for me.

91FF5182-C988-4895-847B-2B5C47F45AD6.jpeg

·
Registered
191 Posts
I can’t opine about which brand is better, and I don’t think there is a correct answer here. The TT F8 is a shockingly fast, refined and very smooth automobile, but I can see how it’s not for everyone (I’ve driven the spider).

I have yet to drive the new EVO, other than pushing the magic start button and hearing the V-10, thus my statement above about what is it that’s important in cars like these.

All cars have their strengths and weaknesses, and it often boils down to personal preference. The one unmistakable trend is that the NA is eventually going the way of the Dodo bird in favor of hybrid and electric.

100 plus years is actually a short time, but it’s been an outstanding run!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,497 Posts
The one unmistakable trend is that the NA is eventually going the way of the Dodo bird in favor of hybrid and electric.
100 plus years is actually a short time, but it’s been an outstanding run!
Yes you are right, and it really doesn't matter which way you go now, as long as YOU GO! Time is no longer on our side.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I get the Fcar curiousity as I too let it get the best of me. Why not experience various perspectives of supercar ownership?

For me, it was a 458, and it only lasted a few months, but I think I now understand why owners don't put many miles on the car. Sounded fine, I loved the smooth sleek design, and the interior blows away Lambos (by a significant margin).

So smooth, like a Lexus. WAY too much like a Lexus. Quick, sure, but there are much quicker things if that's what you're after. I let my girlfriend drive her, her father, and even her mom. Sooo smooth. At low speeds, high speeds, handling. Smooth, smooth, smooth. I hate smooth.

Why not experience it for yourself? Absolutely. I suspect you'll be back. If this was going to be a change that I would have to live with for more than a few months, absolutely NOT. Good news is it should maintain its value unless you dump thousands of miles on it, because no one drives them.

Edit... and bored with the EVO? I can't think of any additional excitement that the 488 would add. Smooth
458 interior blows away huracan evo interior?!?! My 458 interior was GARBAGE, lol, plastic garbage but the drive and sound was nice, gearbox tune also

488 did 0 for me, like 0 0, like negative 0

AMG GTR is in my garage for turbo thrills and platform and my evo spyder, ive had the McLarens, ferrari v8 and v12, nothing compared for me to the dynamics, sounds, looks, visceral thrill of the lambo to me
You get all of that plus the best reliability of had in any sports/super car and exotic as well

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Driving my 488 was basically just driving. Driving my Evo is more of an event and that is what I need from my fun car. I also find the interior in my Evo far sharper than 488 which is pretty dated with controls that are way behind. AC drove me crazy as it only cooled things down if you put on high and then fan would go up and down with how you accelerated. Mine didnt have Carplay which would have been kind of useless anyways since it would have been on tiny display. The Evo makes me feel like I'm finally driving a supercar that has features of a modern car
458 A/C was the worst. Had a mind of its own would blow hot even though max cold setting. Huracan A/C Artic cold.

I went from 12C spyder to 488 coupe to 720 coupe to 675LT Spyder to Performante Spyder....488 was the least I liked, Perf is on top of it all, It's Perfection. Perf is stock right now, all the others were heavily modded
I may go Perf over EVO RWD good choice to have.

458 interior blows away huracan evo interior?!?! My 458 interior was GARBAGE, lol, plastic garbage but the drive and sound was nice, gearbox tune also

488 did 0 for me, like 0 0, like negative 0

AMG GTR is in my garage for turbo thrills and platform and my evo spyder, ive had the McLarens, ferrari v8 and v12, nothing compared for me to the dynamics, sounds, looks, visceral thrill of the lambo to me
You get all of that plus the best reliability of had in any sports/super car and exotic as well
458 interior like a 10 year old Nissan. Huracan is 2020 not 2010.

Loved my AMG GTS. Seriously underrated car.

·
Registered
247 Posts
All the negative stuff aside, a metallic rossa corsa 488 with some nice carbon is a beautiful thing. Much nicer in real than the pictures or videos.

Just noticed the prices for 488 GTB has significantly dropped, to about 170k EUR. Spider around 200k and holding better.

also noticed there are 70 F8s on sale on mobile.de and same number of 488 coupes. I didn't think there would be so many F8s on the market in such a short time.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,165 Posts
I remember when I placed an order for my 488, it was a 2+ year waitlist but now you can basically buy any Ferrari and you don't need to be a previous owner. Ferrari is almost mass producing their cars now so it doesn't surprise me there's so many F8's. Take a look at the Pista, they built a ton of them. Ferrari will continue to increase production to keep investors happy.

And it's not just Ferrari, take a look at Mclaren who come out with a new models every month and an ultra limited model every 3 months. I feel sorry for the customers who got duped into buying the 765LT because there's going to be 765 spyders and probably a 100 special edition 765LT's. So much for limited production.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I remember when I placed an order for my 488, it was a 2+ year waitlist but now you can basically buy any Ferrari and you don't need to be a previous owner. Ferrari is almost mass producing their cars now so it doesn't surprise me there's so many F8's. Take a look at the Pista, they built a ton of them. Ferrari will continue to increase production to keep investors happy.

And it's not just Ferrari, take a look at Mclaren who come out with a new models every month and an ultra limited model every 3 months. I feel sorry for the customers who got duped into buying the 765LT because there's going to be 765 spyders and probably a 100 special edition 765LT's. So much for limited production.
Certainly Ferrari is producing a lot of models right now, however they appear to be winding down production of the TT F8 and tooling up for the ‘Little Brother’ which is rumored to be a V-6 hybrid.

Also true is the 488s continue to fall in value and the 458s seem to be holding.

Don‘t know much about McLaren, but will be interesting to see what happens with the 765LT.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Jesse,
Just my $.02 but I would never entertain going from a V10 Huracan EVO to a 488. This is coming from someone who actually ordered a 488 so I don't hate the car. But the NA V10 is nowhere near the sound of the V8TT. That alone is a major problem for me. Performance it is a good car but I deselected the 488 and bought a Performante and would never think the other way around. I always hate people giving too much advice to others as they can never know what someone really wants and can't speak for them, but this was my verdict and experience and was somewhat a similar consideration to what you have. I think many might regret the uncoupling of noise (I know I would) and the styling is surely different but I don't see them as in the same league.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
If I were to get a 488, it would be the Pista; right after I sold a liver for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I owned a 488GTB. The response of the engine on throttle changes is the best in the turbocharged engines class.
Acceleration is brilliant, behind the 720S of course but still more than enough if not a specific criteria because of track use only. Suspension and steering are very well balanced. Makes lots of fun to explore curvy and hilly grounds. The drive comfort is perfect, together with the CF seats trips of 6 hrs in a row are not a problem at all. The built quality is fine to me.
Downsides are the outdated infotainment and style of the dashboard as well as the sound, even though all 488s have no particulate filter.
I had tested the Huracan LP610-4 before I ordered the 488. At the time my perception was the Huracan wasn’t as compliant, quick and nimble as the 488.
Now, four years later, a comparable situation: Evo or F8.
Even though the F8 has got considerably more power again and still contains a perfect chassis and a very responsive steering, I would prefer the Lambo. Why? The F8 became even smoother (a bit boring), the sound worsened once more and the infotainment almost literally dated from the last century.
In short: I miss the thrill.
Having driven the EVO RWD right after the F8, I was surprised how Lambo managed to change suspension and steering towards the Ferrari. Exterior‘s and interior‘s quality deemed to be better, infotainment from another planet.
The decisive point, what a surprise: The unprecedented N/A engine w/o any filters. A disappearing masterpiece of engineering forever!
In addition, something that can hardly be neglected even in supercar worlds:
Depending on the options the bottom price of the Ferrari ends about 60k above the Lambo .
My verdict on 488 (or F8) versus EVO: Sant‘Agata.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I will be entering the market for a 488 Spider at some point. But it will be in addition to my Huracan 610-4. I think that's the only way one can live with the 488. I also plan wheels, suspension, tune, and exhaust to bring some thrills to the platform. At some point in the future the platform will become a bargain and I'll be waiting to swoop in and grab one. But it will be in addition to. Not as a replacement. I think that's the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
I will be entering the market for a 488 Spider at some point. But it will be in addition to my Huracan 610-4. I think that's the only way one can live with the 488. I also plan wheels, suspension, tune, and exhaust to bring some thrills to the platform. At some point in the future the platform will become a bargain and I'll be waiting to swoop in and grab one. But it will be in addition to. Not as a replacement. I think that's the key.
This is a sound plan. The 488 will be a bargain at some point, and the improvements you mention will greatly add to your enjoyment.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Now that I have put some miles on a couple of potential cars I see where you guys are coming from on 488 cars. There's nothing wrong with them and they're amazing machines, but they lack some character compared to my EVO.

Now the 812 and F8, now that I have driven them both are serious machines that have character worth experiencing for those that have not.

I think I'll either freshen up my EVO with a new set of wheels/tires and some goodies or snag a Spyder EVO or if I can find a low mile earlier 812 go that route.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts