Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to get bored with the EVO. I love the car but after a couple Huracan cars I am getting the itch to try the Ferrari marque. I have done the McLaren thing already.

Anyone on here have a 488 and EVO or willing to provide any first hand experience why I should stick with what I got or make the leap? I've read all the pertinent posts I could find on here and other forums. I've also poured over the various reviews of the cars.

Thanks a head of time.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,532 Posts
I’m sure you’ll get some that dislike the V8 TT, but as far as looks I think it knocks it out of the park. I heard one on Saturday and I though it sounded awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
I would advise against it. I got that itch last February and traded in my Huracan lp610 for a 488. Bought the 488 mostly for color. Disliked car pretty much from beginning. Finally couldn’t take it anymore and traded for an Evo last month

·
Premium Member
17,532 Posts
I would advise against it. I got that itch last February and traded in my Huracan lp610 for a 488. Bought the 488 mostly for color. Disliked car pretty much from beginning. Finally couldn’t take it anymore and traded for an Evo last month View attachment 290884 View attachment 290885
A picture is worth a lot of words! That is a great shot Blu.

Reactions: Blu Bull

·
Premium Member
17,532 Posts
I don't know what year they put the GPF on the 488, but the one I heard was older for sure because it sounded great. I would never buy a newer one with a GPF. As I understand it all of the Ferraris now have the GPF on them. I just hope Lamborghini holds off a bit longer. All we know for sure is 2021 is not going to have any GPF's on any of the Lamborghinis. My dealer expects it by 2022 or 2023 if we're lucky.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
My 2019 488 did not have the GPF and once I plugged exhaust valves it didnt sound bad, but also didnt sound anywhere near as good as Lambo.

·
Premium Member
17,532 Posts
My 2019 488 did not have the GPF and once I plugged exhaust valves it didnt sound bad, but also didnt sound anywhere near as good as Lambo.
I don't know how yours didn't get the GPF unless it was early in the year. My dealer is the Ferrari dealer here as well as Lamborghini and he showed me a couple 2019 and a 2020 Ferrari all of which had GPF's. That's probably why they are still sitting there.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
You're going to regret it the switch. My friend has a 2018 white 488 loaded with all the CF and options $360K MSRP. Stock exhaust sounds so bad I can't even hear it until it's pulling up to my driveway.

I don't believe any 488's came with GPF. This was new and standard for US delivered F8's. Believe it or not the F8 sounds even worse than the 488 as if that's possible.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The NA V10 dominates the experience in the Huracan, makes it thrilling and rewarding.

I own an F430 and driven an F8, I'd say the mid engined Ferrari's are more nimble and communicative then the Huracan, but I'd stick to NA. Look at Scud, F430, 458. If you want a change you could also look at 1st gen Aventador, they are similar money. Make sure you drive everything first and see what you like.

Reactions: azzurri

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I get the Fcar curiousity as I too let it get the best of me. Why not experience various perspectives of supercar ownership?

For me, it was a 458, and it only lasted a few months, but I think I now understand why owners don't put many miles on the car. Sounded fine, I loved the smooth sleek design, and the interior blows away Lambos (by a significant margin).

So smooth, like a Lexus. WAY too much like a Lexus. Quick, sure, but there are much quicker things if that's what you're after. I let my girlfriend drive her, her father, and even her mom. Sooo smooth. At low speeds, high speeds, handling. Smooth, smooth, smooth. I hate smooth.

Why not experience it for yourself? Absolutely. I suspect you'll be back. If this was going to be a change that I would have to live with for more than a few months, absolutely NOT. Good news is it should maintain its value unless you dump thousands of miles on it, because no one drives them.

Edit... and bored with the EVO? I can't think of any additional excitement that the 488 would add. Smooth

1 - 20 of 84 Posts