Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Funny you say that, I was a valet at LA airport in the 60’s and got to go for joy rides in some great cars. The Beachboy Steve Love had a new Dino, Jim Morrison had a black 911, Pat Boone‘s Rolls Royce and dozens of other regulars. That was a great job, I never knew who I would meet that day, but it was always someone exciting. We knew how to drive and we were always respectful of the cars entrusted to us.
Agreed Russk - I brought it up, because as a career I run a national valet and parking company - been doing it for 33 years now. I have literally been accused of stealing engagement rings, full PC servers from trunks of cars, a Secret Service laptop in DC in 2012 - only to later have the people find the item under the seat or remember they left it at home and it was never in the car in the first place. I've had residents at luxury properties who drive with their lap dog sitting in their lap, then try to blame the valet for the bite marks on the steering wheel...

Look I get it - I'm in the service industry-but imagine someone accusing you of stealing something or causing damage that you did not do in front of a large crowd of people at a busy hotel - that's pretty F'd up and demoralizing.

If you are not 100% sure the valet did it-do them a favor and don't speculate - it makes you an asshole-nothing more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts