Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the RWD sound the same as the AWD?

Does the RWD have traction issues going straight? I understand around turns the AWD will have superior traction, but curious about straight line.

thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Does the RWD sound the same as the AWD?
Watch this video:

Does the RWD have traction issues going straight? I understand around turns the AWD will have superior traction, but curious about straight line.
thanks!
Yes it does, traction (with p zeros) is realy not that good. Don't accelerate too much in sports-mode ...

Reactions: asmazda

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,499 Posts
Yes the tires do break loose and it’s a blast. As far as sound, I think they are pretty much the same. From the video I can’t tell any difference.

Reactions: asmazda

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,584 Posts
OP, I have only had RWDs, and yes it can go sideways occasionally but I have achieved some impressive speeds and acceleration without a loss of control. As mentioned above P-0s are not the stickiest tires and many advise converting to Michelin PS4Ss as a better alternative. Though, to be honest, I am happy with the P-0s for the time being, and the RWD, for me at least, is a blast to drive.
If you see turbos in your future then probably the AWD would be a better choice.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,584 Posts
Another important variable to consider in the RWD verses AWD equation, is price. For the additional ~ 30 more hp that the AWD comes equipped with you will be paying an additional $70K or more.
Here is a comparison article you may find useful:

·
Premium Member
17,499 Posts
Another important variable to consider in the RWD verses AWD equation, is price. For the additional ~ 30 more hp that the AWD comes equipped with you will be paying an additional $70K or more.
Here is a comparison article you may find useful:

That is a good point and if the loss of HP bothers you do a ECU Tune and get an easy 40HP gain for $3K.

·
Premium Member
17,499 Posts
Honestly I can't imagine why anyone would pay that premium to get AWD unless you don't like the improved styling of the RWD and just have to have all four wheels connected.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Main reason I didnt get RWD is I think front looks better on AWD and the front of the AWD gives you additional aero. Rear I do think RWD might be better. Also have found RWS amazing and car handles incredible with it. Since I plan on supercharging my new one did think about RWD since power would not be an issue but don't want to lose the RWS or the looks I prefer better

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Yea, there is no right answer here. We all have different things we look for in a car and looks are a very subjective thing

·
Premium Member
17,499 Posts
Main reason I didnt get RWD is I think front looks better on AWD and the front of the AWD gives you additional aero. Rear I do think RWD might be better. Also have found RWS amazing and car handles incredible with it. Since I plan on supercharging my new one did think about RWD since power would not be an issue but don't want to lose the RWS or the looks I prefer better
Yes Blu, you are the exception for sure, and that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,584 Posts
If you supercharge I might just see how well a RWD can handle the extra power.
After you do that let me know! :giggle: Truth be told, I, and I am sure many of our fellow Supercar owners, have become more expert when it comes to our driving, and I am confident even after Supercharging a RWD EVO and once we put it through its paces a few times we will quickly learn all the nuances the additional power bestows, and be able to handle it in short order. ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
After you do that let me know! :giggle: Truth be told, I, and I am sure many of our fellow Supercar owners, have become more expert when it comes to our driving, and I am confident even after Supercharging a RWD EVO and once we put it through its paces a few times we will quickly learn all the nuances the additional power bestows, and be able to handle it in short order. ;)
My modified McLaren has considerably more power and the rear drive does the job fine. I’ve also had every gen Viper except for a 1st gen....I like to live dangerously.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,584 Posts
The Supercharger is $29,995 and you get a healthy 200hp bump. Scott what is the cost for installation of the VF Supercharger? Is the Supercharger EVO ready at this time?

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Cost was around $5k for supercharger install and they do have for Evo, but higher price, $37k. Going to get car and then decide as curious to how much faster it is than my spyder. If it can do 0-60 in 2.6 or less might keep it stock. Did run into the tech last weekend who installed on my Huracan and R8 and he said he is all set if I want to install on Evo.

Reactions: M22

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,584 Posts
Cost was around $5k for supercharger install and they do have for Evo, but higher price, $37k. Going to get car and then decide as curious to how much faster it is than my spyder. If it can do 0-60 in 2.6 or less might keep it stock. Did run into the tech last weekend who installed on my Huracan and R8 and he said he is all set if I want to install on Evo.
Any downsides to the Supercharging that you have encountered? How long does the installation take? Clearly, the warranty would be an issue.

·
Premium Member
17,499 Posts
Any downsides to the Supercharging that you have encountered? How long does the installation take? Clearly, the warranty would be an issue.
Also I don’t think you would get your money back when you sell the car, so if it’s not a keeper you probably should pass. I would love to SC mine but it doesn’t make sense if I -lan on selling anytime soon.

Reactions: Lambo2018
1 - 20 of 38 Posts