Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Coupe, Bianco Icarus Metallic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a deposit in with my local dealer on 21 rwd, car arrives next week. I did not spec the car( could never wait 8 months! ), althoughI I like the colors and the spec. The car has passive suspension and my question is - will the passive suspension beat you up or is the ride quality ok? Dealer did not have any cars to test drive.

Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
I think a lot depends on your roads. I live in the northeast and our roads are pretty bad from winter damage so I won't buy a car without it. but if you're in area with good roads you will be ok

·
Registered
28 Posts
mag shocks ride better.. but static shock is fine too.. just not as stable high speed! change it to JRZ suspenion

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,407 Posts
Hi all

I have a deposit in with my local dealer on 21 rwd, car arrives next week. I did not spec the car( could never wait 8 months! ), althoughI I like the colors and the spec. The car has passive suspension and my question is - will the passive suspension beat you up or is the ride quality ok? Dealer did not have any cars to test drive.

Thanks
Steve
I have had 2 Huracans' to include an EVO without magnetorheological suspension and they drove beautifully. In fact, Strada is real tame with the passive suspension.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Coupe, Bianco Icarus Metallic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had 2 Huracans' to include an EVO without magnetorheological suspension and they drove beautifully. In fact, Strada is real tame with the passive suspension.
I’m in south Florida and the roads are fine! Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
I’m in south Florida and the roads are fine! Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!
The roads in Texas in my area are also quite good. My next EVO will have magnetorheological suspension and that is because if you want CCBs you must select the Drivers Pack (CCBs + magnetorheological suspension)........can't have one without the other.
One other consideration, if you intend to lower the car magnetorheological suspension can make that more challenging. I read this quote which I thought was insightful "there could be some unintended consequences in the handling department due to ride-height sensors at different heights than the factory designed".
Personally, I think the Huracan/EVO wheel and fender gap is unsightly but I have a steep driveway so lowering is not an option for me.

Reactions: kumizi

·
Registered
136 Posts
The roads in Texas in my area are also quite good. My next EVO will have magnetorheological suspension and that is because if you want CCBs you must select the Drivers Pack (CCBs + magnetorheological suspension)........can't have one without the other.
One other consideration, if you intend to lower the car magnetorheological suspension can make that more challenging. I read this quote which I thought was insightful "there could be some unintended consequences in the handling department due to ride-height sensors at different heights than the factory designed".
Personally, I think the Huracan/EVO wheel and fender gap is unsightly but I have a steep driveway so lowering is not an option for me.
So do people with mag ride have some solution or do they deal with the consequences?

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
So do people with mag ride have some solution or do they deal with the consequences?
Firstly, I wouldn't recommend messing with the mag suspension on our EVOs but maybe others that have lowered cars with said feature have had success and will chime in and present options if any.
Honestly, if a prospective owner absolutely desires to lower their EVO I would recommend forgoing the Drivers Pack and sidestep the issue entirely.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
^ Everything he said. I would get the passive suspension if I could get ceramic brakes separately.
That's what I got on my 580-2. Of course my CCB's were $15300 yikes.

Had magride on my 610-4 and did not have it on my 580-2 and I can't tell the difference. We get some sizeable potholes after a heavy rain but those hurt regardless of magride or not.

Regarding lowering, I agree the H stock looks like a 4 x 4. However, I have FAL and installed skid plates and need to use FAL regularly and daily to get into my work parking and to get up my driveway into my garage. The only car I've owned that scraped more was my 991 GT3 even with FAL.

My California and 458 didn't have FAL and didn't need it due stock Ferrari's looking even more like a lifted pickup than the Huracan.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
My 488 did look like a 4x4 but don't think my Evo does. Since I put a good amount of miles on cars and do some rallies where I'm not sure how the roads will be I think car is just the right height. Lowered cars are about the look and I would rather have a better functioning car

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Scott your EVO's stance looks tucked. I feel like my 580-2 has more wheel gap. Also I compare this to my GT3 which I felt had a nice OEM stance but as I said would scrape the front lip on everything so there's a price for minimal wheel gap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts