Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came to this forum looking for some insight to my questions floating in my head. I am not really getting much information from my SA that has me comfortable. I put a deposit down back in May. They told me that I should get the car at the end of Dec of beginning of Jan. I have called and emailed for updates a couple of times and was told there was "no updates". I recently emailed again and didn't hear back. So, I called the GM of the dealer. He wasn't available but I quickly received a call back from my SA saying that my car is on production and that I should have a VIN in about 45 days. They send my the spec sheet with the CP8 date of Dec 11th. After reading on this forum, I am understanding that this may not be the case and is not concrete. Does this mean that my order is not even submitted to Lamborghini yet? What should I expect from your experience?

Once more question I have after reading over the spec sheet. One of the options under Exterior Features is "without exhaust sound" (AER 0P0). Anybody have a clue what this means? I tried Googling it, but came up short of the answer.

I really appreciate your valuable time, fellas.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
A few question when you state "on production" did you mean "in production"? When did it go "in production"? That is important relative to determining when you should anticipate your VIN. Generally 17 weeks +/- (correction not 10 weeks) after you EVO goes "in production" you should receive your VIN.
Here is a link to my EVO production timeline that may be of interest to you, start at post #1. Hope it helps!

Addendum: ask your SA for a LOOM screenshot, and you will then know exactly what the status of your EVO RWD is.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, sorry, in production. I am not sure when it went in production but was just told that I should have the vin in about 45 days. So, your response does make me feel better about my situation.
Thank you for sharing your timeline. I wish that I had a timeline like that. I ordered maybe a few days after you did and you are getting your car this coming week! Congrats! That is so awesome! I just do not want to be hosed around and miss out. I heard that the EVO's are sold out through 2023 from my dealer. I am sure it is like that everywhere too.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Yes, sorry, in production. I am not sure when it went in production but was just told that I should have the vin in about 45 days. So, your response does make me feel better about my situation.
Thank you for sharing your timeline. I wish that I had a timeline like that. I ordered maybe a few days after you did and you are getting your car this coming week! Congrats! That is so awesome! I just do not want to be hosed around and miss out. I heard that the EVO's are sold out through 2023 from my dealer. I am sure it is like that everywhere too.
I wouldn't worry given that you are "in production". The problem with many delayed orders is that some dealerships were taking deposits on future allocations. The clock only starts to tick when the order is submitted (Status: 30 Submitted). Hang tight my friend, it appears your EVO is apparently chugging along.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Do you know what the "without exhaust sound" on the spec sheet means?
Can you show me where you read that. I went and looked back at both my orginal "order spec sheet" and the Monroney sticker and could not find that annotated.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you show me where you read that. I went and looked back at both my orginal "order spec sheet" and the Monroney sticker and could not find that annotated.
My SA provided me with a Full Spec Details Report with my order number. Not sure if it is tied to their dealership or not? Under the section for Exterior features, the last item listed is the "without exhaust sound" and the code is AER 0P0.

Is there only one option for the exhaust on the EVO? I haven't seen anything where there would be multiple choices like the c8 that I purchased.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
That is the first time I have heard that and yes, at this point there is only ONE EVO exhaust option. Don鈥檛 worry the EVO RWD exhaust it is WAY LOUDER than on my previous 2019 580-2. Trust me you will not be disappointed with the EVO exhaust but your neighbors may in fact be very disappointed. :ROFLMAO:

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
OP, this is a true story and it bears on the exhaust note. I was in the garage and before I start the EVO my wife always has to come into the garage to shut her BMW alarm off otherwise it starts wailing when I fire up the EVO. Now the rest of the story, so, my wife sees me get into the EVO, she is looking right at me, and I start the EVO up and she jumps...........yeah, it's loud and my wife is as big or even bigger gear head than I am. ;)

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Good. I love loud!

Why did you sell your 21? Turn a profit on it?
No, it's a long story but sold it for full MSRP + $17K tax recoupment by selling it back to the dealership. So, I slid into a 2022 for the same price ( + added a few extra options that I wanted in the new EVO).

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
OP, I had to make a correction to post #2, that is, my VIN was assigned 17 weeks after my car went 鈥渋n production鈥 not 10 weeks. Specifically, my EVO went 鈥渋n production鈥 on the 26th of May and my VIN was assigned on the 7th of September.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
I have no idea. Since I was told that there is only one exhaust option and the exhaust is loud, I stopped worrying about it. I still would like to know what it means, though.
I can鈥檛 help with the option code but I just verified again with Chase, my SA, there is only one exhaust option on the EVO. Oh yeah, it鈥檚 LOUD! 馃攰馃憘

1 - 20 of 47 Posts