Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on the fence for either a Evo RWD or a Performante. Any recommendation on getting one or the other?

·
Administrator
3,708 Posts
If budget allows then Perf for sure.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Canyon ask your self from both cars you are thinking about will you ever drive them to there limits where
you really appreciate what they can achieve.
Or you want a perf for bragging rights ano possible reselling value.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure about bragging rights as most people will not be able to tell the difference - probably more for potential resell valve if I ever sell. One thing I like about the perf that the newer EVOs do not have is ALA.

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you can find a Perf in your budget, i think it’s a no brainer. It’s such a special car. One part which is underrated is the interior of the Performante, all that alcantara and forged carbon makes it feel soo special and premium.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been on the search but 9/10 perfs have comfort seats. Looking for carbon seats, just looks much better to me.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,921 Posts
I went for the new EVO RWD for a couple of reasons. First the new sport seats and second the new tech, but if I could have found the perfect spec on a HP I would have loved to get one, it as the to be found.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
592 Posts
Been on the search but 9/10 perfs have comfort seats. Looking for carbon seats, just looks much better to me.
But have you ever say in the carbon race seats. For most people they are terrible to sit in.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,921 Posts
But have you ever say in the carbon race seats. For most people they are terrible to sit in.
I sat in them and found that I not could tolerate them. The new sport seats are quite tolerable and look incredible.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
592 Posts
I have cars with all 3 seat types and order the comfort seats for driving but with a mixture of comfort & style the sport seats are the best option. For those that want the no hold barred race look and race seat then the race seat wins everytime for sure.

·
Registered
238 Posts
They may look better but for many but not all they are very hard to live with for long drives. I don’t speak for those who own them. I wanted the carbon as have always bought that with various cars but having the comfort ones they are not couches. Just not clam shell and definitely comfortable. Thought would regret but extremely satisfied with them. On a gt3 yes big difference. On a ferrari big difference. Both of those both look better than standards and also are very comfortable. On this one though at least for me look better but more tough to sit in lengthy periods.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,974 Posts
I would recommend an EVO RWD for two simple reason you can order it at MSRP + you get a 3 year warranty, but if you buy a Performante they are marked up significantly in the current market.

Reactions: bccars

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I would recommend an EVO RWD for two simple reason you can order it at MSRP + you get a 3 year warranty, but if you buy a Performante they are marked up significantly in the current market.
I have to agree he has a point.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for the input! Yes, trying to see if any dealers can get me into an EVO RWD. If Performante prices go back down, I'll probably lean towards it more. Any recommendations for dealers in Southern California? I inquired about the STO, but dealers with cars in the pipeline are asking for 50K ADM.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If price is the issue then I would agree as well. But if you want to know which car is better, it's the Performante hands down :)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,974 Posts
If price is the issue then I would agree as well. But if you want to know which car is better, it's the Performante hands down :)
Maybe, maybe not. My story..................Well, I started with Porsche and specced out a new 2018 718 Cayman S, yes a 4 banger with a turbo and I was very impressed with said car. Though, I was advised a GT car was the way to go so, hearing that advice I wangled an allocation for a 2019 GT3-RS specced it out to what I hoped would be perfection. After owning it if 6 months it bored me to tears so, I then was then advised oh, the 2RS was definitely going to impress so, again feeling a bit like a rabbit chasing that elusive carrot, I heeded the advice and I was able to get a new 2018 GT2-RS and again although it was faster it did not impress. Bottom line, I missed my mid-engine 718 turbo 4-banger for both its low end torque and handling. I vowed never to chase that proverbial carrot again so, I am more than content with the base EVO.
I have found when you go up the food chain the price goes up significantly with only an incremental increase in performance......additional performance I might add that is not always usable or that satisfies. In the immortal words of Stephen Stills...........Love the one you're with.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,974 Posts
Thank you all for the input! Yes, trying to see if any dealers can get me into an EVO RWD. If Performante prices go back down, I'll probably lean towards it more. Any recommendations for dealers in Southern California? I inquired about the STO, but dealers with cars in the pipeline are asking for 50K ADM.
In the interest of full disclosure, the EVO is a great car but the infotainment system needs work. My hope is the later iterations after MY2021 will show needed improvement. Having said that, the EVO RWD is the best Sports car I have owned, and in spite of the issues I had with my 2021 I jumped right back in. ;) Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts