Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any options that are not on the configurator that a prospective buyer should be aware of? For example, carbon fiber for engine bay? Performance wing? Carbon fiber wheels? Etc.? My local dealer stated cf for engine bay is an option but didn't go in to details/pricing and he didn't seem overly sure so I didn't press him since I just met him. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,839 Posts
Lots of colors are not shown and as you mentioned some CF options, that’s it as far as I know. I sure didn’t need anymore, it was already too hard to decide.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of colors are not shown and as you mentioned some CF options, that’s it as far as I know. I sure didn’t need anymore, it was already too hard to decide.
Completely agree but a wing would be one of those easy decisions for me.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,839 Posts
Completely agree but a wing would be one of those easy decisions for me.
Yes the WING for me was a must have so I added an HP wing to my EVO.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,828 Posts
The pricing list for MY2022 does not list a CF engine bay option but I suspect if that is possible it would fall under the heading of Ad Personam. An option that is often overlooked is a fire extinguisher and although that is not something I want I know others that like that option. Hold on to your seat.........it costs $700. I am sure if a fire extinguisher is your preference aftermarket would probably be a better way to go.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You can do whatever you want as far as colors and materials, don't know about wings.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
I'm sure no wing option, rear was designed for maximum down force and would need to be redesigned for a wing. Also the Evo design not only creates more down force it funnels more air through engine bay for cooling

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure no wing option, rear was designed for maximum down force and would need to be redesigned for a wing. Also the Evo design not only creates more down force it funnels more air through engine bay for cooling
Ohhhh, so that's what that room at my dealer is! They just said it was closed due to COVID and didn't go into details but I could see colors and wheels hanging on the wall. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,828 Posts
OP, if you're a wing man that's fine but a wing does two things it slows the Bull down and changes the aerodynamics, in most cases, unfavorably especially without front Aero mods. The Huracan is aerodynamically designed for optimal performance with both low drag and sufficient performance enhancing downforce. Anytime we change that original design we invariably wind up with negative unintended consequences.

Reactions: bccars and Blu Bull

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OP, if you're a wing man that's fine but a wing does two things it slows the Bull down and changes the aerodynamics, in most cases, unfavorably especially without front Aero mods. The Huracan is aerodynamically designed for optimal performance with both low drag and sufficient performance enhancing downforce. Anytime we change that original design we invariably wind up with negative unintended consequences.
Thanks...I was wondering about that. I thought being RWD they should've added a wing for more downforce but if it's optimized without then your point is spot on. I've done some 1/2 mile events where I've seen cars remove their wings but I didn't ask about the change or the differences in times and assumed it was therefore negative to have them. But, dang they look good!!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,828 Posts
Thanks...I was wondering about that. I thought being RWD they should've added a wing for more downforce but if it's optimized without then your point is spot on. I've done some 1/2 mile events where I've seen cars remove their wings but I didn't ask about the change or the differences in times and assumed it was therefore negative to have them. But, dang they look good!!!
The wing is fun I get that, and on cars designed with a wing it is the best of both worlds like the Performante but add-ons are a horse of a different color. For me I love speed and a wing is literally and figuratively pulling in the wrong direction. Given I want to squeeze every last bit of HP out of that 10-Cylinder engine I go wingless.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
When I was at dealership the other day was talking with tech about the rear of RWD looking more aggressive than the AWD he said it is. Reason is they needed to get more down force on the RWD. I wish I could get car with AWD front and RWD rear

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,828 Posts
When I was at dealership the other day was talking with tech about the rear of RWD looking more aggressive than the AWD he said it is. Reason is they needed to get more down force on the RWD. I wish I could get car with AWD front and RWD rear
Sounds like that would be an interesting combination akin too well, a Huracan-enstein. 🤖

1 - 14 of 14 Posts