Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with an EVO RWD with no dynamic steering that can comment on feedback through the wheel compared to an AWD EVO? I've read the reviews about it being better but, I would love commentary from anyone that has also owned a Gallardo or Porsche GT3 991.2 as reference points. I don't expect it to match those cars, but I need more idea of front end grip than I've experienced so far in test driving the AWD.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have EVO RWD spyder without LDS.

I can only compare it to my LP570 Performante - and the feedback & general feel is way better - G steering felt pretty dead in comparison.

Only thing I wish was different would be to have an 'ego' mode so as to have consistent steering stiffness in all modes- Strada steering is too light for my liking - but I'm pretty sure that Ego is not available on EVO AWD either..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have EVO RWD spyder without LDS.

I can only compare it to my LP570 Performante - and the feedback & general feel is way better - G steering felt pretty dead in comparison.

Only thing I wish was different would be to have an 'ego' mode so as to have consistent steering stiffness in all modes- Strada steering is too light for my liking - but I'm pretty sure that Ego is not available on EVO AWD either..
Thanks! My 2005 Gallardo steering is much better for road surface and grip feedback than the EVO I drove, and that is with the front diff left on it, so I'm hopeful for the RWD!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,827 Posts
Anyone with an EVO RWD with no dynamic steering that can comment on feedback through the wheel compared to an AWD EVO? I've read the reviews about it being better but, I would love commentary from anyone that has also owned a Gallardo or Porsche GT3 991.2 as reference points. I don't expect it to match those cars, but I need more idea of front end grip than I've experienced so far in test driving the AWD.
I have had 3 RWD Huracans' but I never had an AWD, though, I have had both a 991.2 3RS and 2RS and the feedback is excellent by comparison. I have gotten my EVO to speeds north of 180 and handled great. When taking turns the feedback/responsiveness is outstanding...........best car I have EVER owned!

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
72 Posts
I came out of a 2021 992 Porsche Turbo S, to a 21 Huracan EVO without dynamic steering.
Prefer the Lambo, as I get more feedback vs. the over engineered Porsche.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I've had both EVO variants. The AWD feels slightly smaller in low speed conditions. The RWD feels more nimble everywhere else.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have had 3 RWD Huracans' but I never had an AWD, though, I have had both a 991.2 3RS and 2RS and the feedback is excellent by comparison. I have gotten my EVO to speeds north of 180 and handled great. When taking turns the feedback/responsiveness is outstanding...........best car I have EVER owned!
I'm going to put Cup 2 tires on my RWD and get an more aggressive alignment. The alignment will make a massive difference in the feel and corner turn in

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have an EVO RWD without the dynamic steering. I have no complaints other than that for hairpin turns the 2.9 lock to lock is too much. But that's nitpicking maybe. Can't really compare to the EVO AWD, because I only drove that in spyder form on non challenging roads. I do own a 991.2 GT3 for trackday use though. Tough comparison between the two as I use the Lambo on the street and the GT3 on track. I'd hesitantly say the GT3 offers more feedback and the Lambo is slightly more muted, but that might be due to the (allthough conservative) track geo, more agressive tyres and driving style on track with the gt3? It is not an apples and apples comparison.
But I repeat, not much to complain about the Lambo EVO RWD steering, as there is plenty of feedback when you are approaching or exceeding the edge of front end grip on wet roads for instance.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I'm going to put Cup 2 tires on my RWD and get an more aggressive alignment. The alignment will make a massive difference in the feel and corner turn in
I'm on CUP2s, lowered with an aggressive alignment and it has changed the car dramatically. Highly recommend.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,838 Posts
I've had both EVO variants. The AWD feels slightly smaller in low speed conditions. The RWD feels more nimble everywhere else.
I have had both as well and I also prefer the RWD for the same reasons. RWD does require some caution while getting used to it. My RWD EVO is my first with LDS and I like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
18,838 Posts
I don’t even know where to find a hairpin turn around here. Seems like a mountain thing.
Lol, I am in the same boat. Sure won't find it in Waikiki.

• Haha
Reactions: TTBear

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm on CUP2s, lowered with an aggressive alignment and it has changed the car dramatically. Highly recommend.
Very nice

I was leaning toward running Cup2s for most of the year and getting more camber in the alignment. Glad to see others doing the same.

Is the alignment adjustable from the factory? or do you need any kind of shims?

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Very nice

I was leaning toward running Cup2s for most of the year and getting more camber in the alignment. Glad to see others doing the same.

Is the alignment adjustable from the factory? or do you need any kind of shims?
My guy was able to corner balance and align it without any shims that I am aware of, or at least he didn't bill me for them.

Reactions: kumizi

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have an EVO RWD without the dynamic steering. I have no complaints other than that for hairpin turns the 2.9 lock to lock is too much. But that's nitpicking maybe. Can't really compare to the EVO AWD, because I only drove that in spyder form on non challenging roads. I do own a 991.2 GT3 for trackday use though. Tough comparison between the two as I use the Lambo on the street and the GT3 on track. I'd hesitantly say the GT3 offers more feedback and the Lambo is slightly more muted, but that might be due to the (allthough conservative) track geo, more agressive tyres and driving style on track with the gt3? It is not an apples and apples comparison.
But I repeat, not much to complain about the Lambo EVO RWD steering, as there is plenty of feedback when you are approaching or exceeding the edge of front end grip on wet roads for instance.
Put some Cup 2R's on your EVO and do a more aggressive alignment, you should see a massive difference

·
Registered
262 Posts
By chance do you have the alignment specs that he went with?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Lol, I am in the same boat. Sure won't find it in Waikiki.
I am SO in the same boat, living on the prairies in midwestern Canada! The highways here are straight for miles on end, and it's so flat, they say you can watch your dog run away from home for three days, haha. I LIVE for road trips into Wyoming and Oregon - the roads there are just soooo much fun!

·
Premium Member
18,838 Posts
I am SO in the same boat, living on the prairies in midwestern Canada! The highways here are straight for miles on end, and it's so flat, they say you can watch your dog run away from home for three days, haha. I LIVE for road trips into Wyoming and Oregon - the roads there are just soooo much fun!
I would give a kings ransom to have a highway like that here!

·
Premium Member
18,838 Posts
Wrong thread!

• Haha
1 - 20 of 21 Posts