Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone..

Considering my first Lambo :) I test drove an EVO a while back and was really impressed. I love NA engines, and am thinking this might be one of the last chances to get into an NA V10. I have a 991.2 GT3RS at the moment which I track from time to time - at the 'Ring, Spa, Dijon, Monza, Mugello, Imola, Le Castellet.. Got a couple of questions:

• I know an STO would be an obvious choice (amazing thing, I went to the presentation locally) but I don't want to spend that much
  • I see Michelin make a Pilot Sport Cup 2 in the right sizes with a specific build for the R8. Given the similarity in platform, I'm hoping they would work well. Anyone tried them, or any issues around this?
  • Geometry - mine has a few tweaks by Manthey which improves tyre life. Is this kind of thing possible in a Huracan to keep tyres wearing properly if they see some track use?
  • Noise. I know I'll likely get run out of town for this, but wondering about ways to make it a bit quieter to avoid black flags. No fun to spend a fair amount going to a track event with friends and then not being able to drive. Anyone know of any ways to address this. Searching only turned up ways to make them louder :) - I see on another thread that OPFs are looming. Sadly it looks like this might not be such a bad thing for me. My RS has OPF, and although from outside it is certainly a little quieter, the experience inside the car is the same (my friend has a non-OPF one, neither of us can tell any difference inside the car).

I don't really care about lap times. I just go for fun and am not racing anyone except myself.

Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m in the same exact boat. Very curious to see the responses. My assumption is the RS is going to be an 8/10 track focused and the EVO RWD a 5 or 6/10...from the reviews none suggest it’s a good track car. they all hail the sound and sensation as the reason to have it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I do get the Huracan in EVO form isn’t anywhere near as track focussed as the RS. My interest in the Huracan is indeed about the sound and the experience from the drivetrain. I’m mostly trying to figure out if I can get a tyre / geo setup which will do a few sessions without it suffering too much.

My usage is more like: 1 - long road trip to a track with friends. 2 - couple of days enjoying the car in a safe and legal environment where you can push it a bit. And 3, another long-ish drive home. Plus the odd bit of tooling around close to where I live.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,554 Posts
Agree the 3RS is more the track monster but check out this video.......seems the EVO (AWD) is pretty fun/exciting track mobile. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Hehe, he’s certainly having some fun! Imagine the Trofeos make a big difference.
It looked like he had a blast.......I think even with the RWD it would be fun. You know Dave, if I had to do all over again I would have started and finished with the Lamborghini brand but that is just one mans opinion. Best of luck with your foray into the Lamborghini brand!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Local lambo dealship did a track day here, apparently some large fluctuations with tyre pressure on oem pzero tyres, so just want to keep an eye out. I also wouldn't say the evo would be a durable a Porsche, you might see some components wear

Me personally I don't track my cars, too many things can go wrong and I could end up with my irreplaceable pride and joy totalled. Whether it's my mistake, something mechanical or someone else. I don't really understand the exorbitant premium for "track" exotics when you could buy a used formula 4 car for a fraction of the cost and mop the floor of any road car.

That being said it is a lot of fun renting exotics on track!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Evo RWD with a nice alignment and some really good tires and youll be having a real good time on the track... is it a track only monster like our GT cars? No.... However it has a lot of character of its own that the RS doesn't have and its still a pretty fun competent track car in its own right... It'll dance and be fun

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Dave check this video of the EVO RWD AWD on the track.........to get right to the action start at ~ 6:20. That engine symphony is insane, love it. Cool vid!

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
That's an AWD

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Here is a video he did with that car a few months ago where he races a EVO AWD coupe. That guy had an EVO RWD but traded in for AWD because traction issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, those vids put a smile on my face (y)
Got a mixture of snow and rain here today.. come on spring time..

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
That tune makes an incredible difference........

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Yea I will most likely do it

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not worth it for me. The lengths and expense manufacturers go just to squeeze out 10hp on a NA engine means there is usually a trade-off when a software tune can give like 50 🤔

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,865 Posts
Not worth it for me. The lengths and expense manufacturers go just to squeeze out 10hp on a NA engine means there is usually a trade-off when a software tune can give like 50 🤔
On the RWD it makes a lot more sense. Big gains.

·
Registered
126 Posts
On the RWD it makes a lot more sense. Big gains.
As I had mentioned before, VF engineering just put a performante coupe on dyno and new rwd evo coupe, they both made same exact power on dyno before both were supercharged. Prob not as much as you'd think considering they seem to be underrating the power and not detuned like they said

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
VF engineering just put a performante coupe on dyno and new rwd evo coupe, they both made same exact power on dyno before both were supercharged.
So in essence if you extrapolate that, does that mean the AWD and RWD EVO have the same horsepower?

Addendum: that is exactly what the service manager at the Austin dealership said then started to laugh saying Lamborghini claims there's a difference so the AWD people feel there getting more horsepower for the extra 100K.......

1 - 20 of 33 Posts