Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Typically, I try to self-insure unless I can determine the price of the warranty is less than 10% of the cost of the product, then I'll consider it. I am lost at justifying $4,500 for a 4th year and $8,700 for I'm assuming a 4th and 5th year (or is that added to the cost of the 4th and only works for the 5th?). Did anyone purchase one of these warranty options and if so, how did you look at the cost to justify it? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
BMW ///M
98 Posts
Good question...I'm also contemplating the 4th and 5th year warranties. Following...

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,408 Posts
^^Agree, I think these are pretty solid cars and it would be hard to justify the additional cost. I have never paid for an extended warranty on any car I have owned and never regretted that decision.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^Agree, I think these are pretty solid cars and it would be hard to justify the additional cost. I have never paid for an extended warranty on any car I have owned and never regretted that decision.
The only warranty I generally buy is the wheel and tire and it seems I’ve always come out ahead, which is actually unfortunate.

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
The only warranty I generally buy is the wheel and tire and it seems I’ve always come out ahead, which is actually unfortunate.
Never bought that either and never needed it.......but if it works for you then by all means purchase said coverage.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,244 Posts
Just wait until the 3 year warraty expires and decide then if you want to extend it

·
Registered
386 Posts
It is not that bad considering the peace of mind it gives.

as far as I know lambo may deny the warranty extension after the service check on the 3rd year. I don't know if it happened to anybody though.

·
Registered
BMW ///M
98 Posts
Just wait until the 3 year warraty expires and decide then if you want to extend it
I was told the optional 4th and/or 5th year warranties must be purchased at the same time the car is purchased. Not sure if this is accurate though.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,244 Posts
I was told the optional 4th and/or 5th year warranties must be purchased at the same time the car is purchased. Not sure if this is accurate though.
No. I could of taken it up after 3 years ( this was back in December so I am not sure if they have changed this ) Also I am the original owner so I am not sure if that mattered?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Same with mine. I bought my 580-2 from my friend with 2 months left on the 3 year warranty and my dealer would not renew it insisting it had to be done at time of original purchase.

As a contrarion point, my 580-2 required an engine out repair of a lower timing chain case leak at year 4 and 1 year out of warranty. My H was at the dealer for a sum total of 7 weeks, over 50 parts were ordered and the hours of labor were numerous. As a good faith gesture, I was not charged for this service but if I were it would have been an exorbitant price for sure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I find the service of lambo expensive and varies greatly between regions and dealers which I’m not a fan of. There is no right answer because if an engine out problem occurs then the warranty completely pays for itself. The chance of needing that warranty in that single year during the amount of miles being driven is very unlikely. The car is very solid as most know. Therefore it’s paying for peace of mind most likely and only the OP can say if it’s worth it or not.

·
Premium Member
6,408 Posts
@Terminator02, makes an important point, that is, if it gives the car owner peace of mind and then maybe it's not such a bad deal. Though, keeping in mind, as we are all eminently aware, they wouldn't offer extended warranties if it wasn't a money maker.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Perhaps we should rephrase it: Would you buy a used lambo which doesn't have warranty?

·
Registered
136 Posts
How comprehensive are the extended warranties? I've specced the 5 year warranty and maintenance so I'm wondering what kind of out of pocket costs might pop up on me in those 5 years, besides tires.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How comprehensive are the extended warranties? I've specced the 5 year warranty and maintenance so I'm wondering what kind of out of pocket costs might pop up on me in those 5 years, besides tires.
You just introduced something I didn't think of...does the maintenance warranty include tires??

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
From my understanding the 4th and 5th year warranties are extensions of the 3 year OEM warranty. You will still be responsible for the annual service just like years 1-3.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts