Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Torn between the two. Perf is getting older but I liken it to a Speciale as far as being a special edition car. Of course the EVO is newer but I'm not sure all that much better. Not a fan of the touchscreen. However with that said I have no real world use with it. Any comments or suggestion? Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
There are a few threads that have talked about this quite a bit. Do a quick search and you will find lots of banter back and forth on what people prefer. I would choose the Perf all day long. The Perf has the ALA which alone makes it quite special. I test drove 2 Evo’s and the Perf just felt more raw and special IMO.

Reactions: Coincident

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,460 Posts
I prefer a RWD cars but the EVO touchscreen has been, well, touchy to say the least. I am hoping that in the MY2022 iterations the shortcomings will be adequately addressed. Bottom line, I advise you test drive both and choose the one that meets or exceeds your expectations.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,450 Posts
I also prefer RWD and the new tech that comes with the EVO, but the HP is a limited production especially spyders, and that might make it more desirable to some.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here’s a thread that can get you more insight:

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,460 Posts
Again, all our opinions and the varied comments would never approximate the value of a test drive. ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Again, all our opinions and the varied comments would never approximate the value of a test drive. ;)
Yes thats obvious - not everyone has easy access to a test drive so its always nice to hear other owners opinions. I for one appreciate this forum and youtube videos while researching cars.

I 100% agree that a test drive is critical - I have never bought a car without driving one for myself. Everyone has different styles of driving and past experiences.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,460 Posts
Wish I could find a close dealer with access to test drive vehicles! I even spoke to one out of state yesterday and asked him if he has anything to test drive and he practically laughed at me.
I understand it's not easy but if possible it's ideal. It was a test drive in a 2018 580-2 that lured me away from Porsche. Though, there are some cars Porsche absolutely would not let me test drive like the Porsche 3RS or 2RS.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I’m to be honest, I miss my perf and should not have sold it. It was single best drivers car I’ve personally been in. It gave me amazing sense of confidence driving the car and it handled everything I threw at it. Exiting turns I would just hammer and go, no fear of losing the back end. Very aggressive car. Having said all of that, the RWD is just what I’m looking for next and can’t wait for it to arrive

Attachments

Reactions: 2006m5

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I was all set on getting a HP Spyder then the EVO RWD Spyder was released and it was close to $100k cheaper. That was just too good to pass up.

Reactions: Rainier G

·
Registered
212 Posts
Really depends on what you want. It's like GT3 vs GT3RS.

Perf is faster around a track. Big aero. Harder suspension. Harder seats. Louder inside. If you want the ultimate performance version, get the Perf. (Speaking of, I dont understand why they make Perf Spyders)

EVO is 90% as good but more friendly for everyday driving.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
You decide which one is faster in the straight line.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Russ. Good to see you still around. Do you notice any difference in acceleration between your 580 and EVO? I suspect it'd be negligible at best. Do you like the new screen or prefer the old one? Finally what was the biggest difference between the cars and what things do you like best about the EVO. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Hey Russ. Good to see you still around. Do you notice any difference in acceleration between your 580 and EVO? I suspect it'd be negligible at best. Do you like the new screen or prefer the old one? Finally what was the biggest difference between the cars and what things do you like best about the EVO. Thanks.
Aloha old buddy!
My 580 had a tune, but still the EVO is more responsive and more low end torque. I have not been able to push my EVO at the high end yet, but it definitely pulls a lot stronger mid range. It is the best car hands down that I have ever owned. Now that touch screen, it has some drawbacks but overall I’ll take over the old one.
They. really need to add volume buttons on the steering wheel and move the screen up higher to a better and safer location. The biggest difference for me are the sport seats, I absolutely love them, other than that not a whole lot of difference.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts