Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that this does not become a large issue but I wanted to bring this up incase anyone experiences the same frustrations I have. Obviously with the center screen of the EVO controlling literally everything it is hard to live without...though that v10 makes a great soundtrack.

Last week I started the evo (daily driver) and the center screen refused to turn on. No tabs, no touch, no multigesture, just a black turned off ipad. Turned the car on and off a few times then drove home. Let the car rest tried, tried the next day, nothing. Frustrated I called the dealership who sold me the car and spoke with the chief service guy. This is the 3rd incident he'd heard of. The first was a corrupted 5F module which required a new piece shipped from italy. The second and mine came at similar times. I took the vehicle to my local dealer and discussed this conversation, they had never heard of this problem or any issues with a 5F module. Left the evo with them overnight, turns out my problem was a software update to the 5F unit. Fixed the issue instantly but wiped the phone pairing, saved XM songs and presets, and saved address. Picked up the car the next day.

Just putting this out there as a public service announcement so no one gets too frustrated and takes a hammer to it. Of note, there is no way to do a hard reset of the module or software on your own per the two dealers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm in the market for an Evo and this is a genuine concern of mine..... If this is a problem now then what about 5 years, 10 years down the line?

Not to mention how it's going to age.. I mean my G 'infotainment' system may have looked cutting edge in 2004 ( actually, I don't think it did even then.) but now it just looks positively ancient... and not in a good way.

Call me old fashioned but you can't beat knobs & switches !

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,868 Posts
Thanks sharing that info. When I take mine in next week I’m going to ask them to update my 5F module, however maybe 2021 models are current? How long have you had your EVO?

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree, any infotainment center
I'm in the market for an Evo and this is a genuine concern of mine..... If this is a problem now then what about 5 years, 10 years down the line?

Not to mention how it's going to age.. I mean my G 'infotainment' system may have looked cutting edge in 2004 ( actually, I don't think it did even then.) but now it just looks positively ancient... and not in a good way.

Call me old fashioned but you can't beat knobs & switches !
Agreed, but I think that is a problem with any modern vehicle, phone, TV, anything. Technology is advancing so fast.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks sharing that info. When I take mine in next week I’m going to ask them to update my 5F module, however maybe 2021 models are current? How long have you had your EVO?
I'd hope your '21 is current. Hopefully isn't a wide spread problem but I couldn't find any info so I wanted to start a thread. To hopefully be helpful. I took delivery in October 2020 but not sure if they checked the soft ware or anything before the sale.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,068 Posts
@jdkevo thanks for the heads up! Although, the infotainment problem and the EVO mileage are clearly true-true and unrelated I am just curious, how many miles do you have on your EVO? When you bought your 2020 was it with delivery miles or preowned? I will get feedback from Charlotte dealership as well and post their comments.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
My 2020 is going in tomorrow for first service and will ask about this. So thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@jdkevo thanks for the heads up! Although, the infotainment problem and the EVO mileage are clearly true-true and unrelated I am just curious, how many miles do you have on your EVO? When you bought your 2020 was it with delivery miles or preowned? I will get feedback from Charlotte dealership as well and post their comments.
40 miles on the odometer when I picked it up in october, 2600 this morning. Purchased new. Interested to hear about the experiences and I hope no one else has an issue. Glad we have this forum to share information and solutions though

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,068 Posts
40 miles on the odometer when I picked it up in october, 2600 this morning. Purchased new. Interested to hear about the experiences and I hope no one else has an issue. Glad we have this forum to share information and solutions though
The wife and I have had touchscreen iPads for ages and we have never had issues with the touchscreen technology. So although the EVO infotainment system and and iPad are not the same it speaks to the issue of a technology that is for the most part mature and proven. So that is a long winded way of saying I think that once the software issues are ironed out the technology associated with touchscreen is solid.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Man that is concerning. I LOVE the Evo touchscreen. If I could install one into my Perf I would, but then again I'm also in love of actual buttons and knobs for controls and it's faster for me. But, nevertheless, I do think the screen was a big improvement to get carplay. I hate the carplay in my Perf since it doesn't display the tach anywhere when you're in carplay mode.

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man that is concerning. I LOVE the Evo touchscreen. If I could install one into my Perf I would, but then again I'm also in love of actual buttons and knobs for controls and it's faster for me. But, nevertheless, I do think the screen was a big improvement to get carplay. I hate the carplay in my Perf since it doesn't display the tach anywhere when you're in carplay mode.
Love the carplay interface on the center console... that said, I bought a chevy trailblazer for the mother in-law this weekend...which had WIRELESS carplay. Didn't even have to take the phone out of my pocket. That was a nice touch lol. Jealous, wish my EVO had that. That goes to @zedmtrappe point that technology is constantly updating.

·
Premium Member
15,868 Posts
It is funny but I still find myself reaching for buttons occasionally especially when I want to skip forward to the next song. I'm sure in time I will not give it a second thought, but I am looking forward to Alexa integration so I can just tell it what I want to do.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Yea not being able to use Carplay for Waze if you want the Race mode screen was the deciding factor on getting my Evo over a Performante.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,068 Posts
@jdkevo, FYI, heard back from the dealership today, and they have no reported issues of infotainment screen malfunctions with EVOs they have sold to date.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,068 Posts
One other thing, I not only don't miss the old button dial interface I embrace the new technology and love it. I don't think Lamborghini had any choice in my opinion, but to move forward otherwise their interiors would become stale and dated like we see in the Ferrari. This "new technology" takes advantage of what we currently have, like Apple Car play, and positions us for whatever innovation is in-store for us down the road...........

·
Premium Member
15,868 Posts
One other thing, I not only don't miss the old button dial interface I embrace the new technology and love it. I don't think Lamborghini had any choice in my opinion, but to move forward otherwise their interiors would become stale and dated like we see in the Ferrari. This "new technology" takes advantage of what we currently have, like Apple Car play, and positions us for whatever innovation is in-store for us down the road...........
I agree, but I am not quite there yet. I realize that this tech is already being used in most all new cars now. I will come around, just need some seat time.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,068 Posts
I agree, but I am not quite there yet. I realize that this tech is already being used in most all new cars now. I will come around, just need some seat time.
A little more seat time and you will be a real Pro. What do they say, see one, do one, teach one..............okay, Professor Russ is class in session yet?

·
Premium Member
15,868 Posts
A little more seat time and you will be a real Pro. What do they say, see one, do one, teach one..............okay, Professor Russ is class in session yet?
Well I can tell you one thing for sure, as soon as I put on those Fratelli's my driving skills improved exponentially!

Reactions: wthensler

·
Registered
2021 huracan evo
22 Posts
I hope that this does not become a large issue but I wanted to bring this up incase anyone experiences the same frustrations I have. Obviously with the center screen of the EVO controlling literally everything it is hard to live without...though that v10 makes a great soundtrack.

Last week I started the evo (daily driver) and the center screen refused to turn on. No tabs, no touch, no multigesture, just a black turned off ipad. Turned the car on and off a few times then drove home. Let the car rest tried, tried the next day, nothing. Frustrated I called the dealership who sold me the car and spoke with the chief service guy. This is the 3rd incident he'd heard of. The first was a corrupted 5F module which required a new piece shipped from italy. The second and mine came at similar times. I took the vehicle to my local dealer and discussed this conversation, they had never heard of this problem or any issues with a 5F module. Left the evo with them overnight, turns out my problem was a software update to the 5F unit. Fixed the issue instantly but wiped the phone pairing, saved XM songs and presets, and saved address. Picked up the car the next day.

Just putting this out there as a public service announcement so no one gets too frustrated and takes a hammer to it. Of note, there is no way to do a hard reset of the module or software on your own per the two dealers.
Your Evo black out screen is at least fixable with a software update. Mine was white out when first turned on , then slowly gaining color back in 45 min. It is now sitting at the dealer i bought it from, 7 hours away. The car is 2021 Evo and it is only a month old with less than 400 miles. They don't know how long it will take to fix it. My guess is they have to replace the unit. Will see.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Makes me glad Im skipping the first year of the EVO. Not that its a completely new model but there seems to be teething issues the first year. Hope your touchscreen problems get resolved quickly.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts