Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I'm collecting my 2020 Evo awd tomorrow. It's in Xanto with a decent spec 5k miles.

will upload some pics when I get it but my question is this.

how much do you think this car will depreciate during the next 12 months? I've mentally written off 30k for a year but is this realistic?

Andrew

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's ultimately impossible to predict - it'll be entirely based on the market in your region at that 1 year mark. Consider also the value at the 1 year mark doesn't really matter if you plan on selling it in 3.

I'm in the US. If the market remains hot like it has been, it'll likely remain similar to what you paid if you paid a fair used market value under current circumstances. If the chip shortage effects Evo production, and Lamborghini is unable to sell new cars, the value could even increase. I've seen some indications the used / high end market is slowing or plateaued, but that could also be regional or temporary. Mileage is also a factor - probably more so than age but I'm pretty new to this space so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My local dealer is selling low mile used Evos for 30-40k over MSRP. If you already paid that type of overage on your used purchase, the value may stay similar or may drop slightly over the next year if the market is similar to what we're seeing now.

I'd say unless something severe happens and the stock market crashes, 30,000 pounds a year is much more than your car will depreciate if it's well maintained (mechanically and cosmetically), mileage isn't too crazy, and the market for this type of car remains generally hot. My experience is based on what I've seen in the US, and may be incorrect or not apply to your region/car.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
110 Posts
The market in the US is absurd. The consensus from dealers is that it will run well into next year.
Once you are in the driver seat, none of that matters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's ultimately impossible to predict - it'll be entirely based on the market in your region at that 1 year mark. Consider also the value at the 1 year mark doesn't really matter if you plan on selling it in 3.

I'm in the US. If the market remains hot like it has been, it'll likely remain similar to what you paid if you paid a fair used market value under current circumstances. If the chip shortage effects Evo production, and Lamborghini is unable to sell new cars, the value could even increase. I've seen some indications the used / high end market is slowing or plateaued, but that could also be regional or temporary. Mileage is also a factor - probably more so than age but I'm pretty new to this space so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My local dealer is selling low mile used Evos for 30-40k over MSRP. If you already paid that type of overage on your used purchase, the value may stay similar or may drop slightly over the next year if the market is similar to what we're seeing now.

I'd say unless something severe happens and the stock market crashes, 30,000 pounds a year is much more than your car will depreciate if it's well maintained (mechanically and cosmetically), mileage isn't too crazy, and the market for this type of car remains generally hot. My experience is based on what I've seen in the US, and may be incorrect or not apply to your region/car.
Thank you for taking the time to reply
I'm in the uk.
This is my first super car so I'm somewhat nervous about residuals but enjoying the car is my number one priority. I plan on selling it in 12 months or trading it in for something else. The dealer told me 10/15k for depreciation so I just doubled it to be safe.
I'd only do 5000 miles max in a year so hopefully it doesn't exceed this figure.
(Sorry about sounding so much like an accountant it's the businessman in me😂)
Andrew

·
Registered
159 Posts
10-15k sounds about right during normal times in the US. I'd be pretty surprised if your car was $30k below MSRP in a year, because that would basically require used prices dropping $60k in a year (since they're selling above MSRP used). The UK market is different though....it's hot, but not irrational like here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10-15k sounds about right during normal times in the US. I'd be pretty surprised if your car was $30k below MSRP in a year, because that would basically require used prices dropping $60k in a year (since they're selling above MSRP used). The UK market is different though....it's hot, but not irrational like here.
Hi
Mine is used it's 13 months old

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m sure you’re watching the UK market which is pretty strong with long lead times for all Lambos at the moment. So to answer your question I don’t see the market dropping much over the next year, I would say that you need to factor in the 15% margin that dealers like to add on for their costs, so I’m guessing you’re in the right ballpark with your guess.
However, I suspect a Performante at a similar price would hold its value better than an Evo long term. Imo..

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
It used to be once you drive your new car off the lot it would lose at least $20k to $35k, but not anymore. I don’t think it loses any value now.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
For reference I got my 2020 EVO awd with 1,600 miles with a 320K sticker for 310 about five weeks ago. Even since then it seems used prices have crept up. Most are at sticker or above right now. So I feel fortunate.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,712 Posts
OP, the car market is strong for the foreseeable future so I think your depreciation will be less severe than you anticipate. I sold my 2021 EVO back to the dealership for FULL MSRP + $17K USD tax savings and then applied that to my 2022 EVO order. One other thing, that has not been mentioned, these 10-Cylinder NA engines in the EVO are last of breed and in MY2024 they will be gone forever. Therefore, I would advise holding on to your "brass ring" longer or long term. Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
Car prices are crazy right now, but people are still buying them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.