Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any dealers out there have an EVO AWD allocation that's not more than a few months out?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
It appears both AWD or RWD allocations are hard to come by in a timely fashion. The perfect storm, COVID induced car craze, supply shortages, and the end of the 10-Cylinder NA engines.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It appears both AWD or RWD allocations are hard to come by in a timely fashion. The perfect storm, COVID induced car craze, supply shortages, and the end of the 10-Cylinder NA engines.
I have been told it doesn’t matter if u are ordering awd or rwd or coupe or convertible..
When allocation comes, it can be used for any, only exception being if the first one in line needs something that isn’t available, then the allocation will go to the next person..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer told me they're only getting one or two allocations per month and right now they have around a dozen deposits on file.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
My dealer told me they're only getting one or two allocations per month and right now they have around a dozen deposits on file.
I watched a video the other day by Nick Murray and Porsche normally gives the US dealerships about 2400 allocations per quarter now they only released about 900. So, it appears all the sports car allocations are harder to come by. It is a sign of the times.

Reactions: UR 55

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I posted this in the H replacement thread...my dealer told me earlier today that Lambo will be increasing production next year so expect more allocations to be released and also the production for the H is going into 2023 so plenty of time to order a H.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, I am going to throw this out there and keep names quiet.

Was speaking with a Lambo Sales person not too long ago, said they were having their best year ever. Used cars come in, can mark them up as much as they want (well, you know what I mean) and they're sold very quickly. Also mentioned that they're not supposed to sell new cars above MSRP.

So, that being said. With the apparent margins being made in the used car market, are dealerships not inclined to push for more allocations for new builds since the margins may not be as great?

Reactions: amandeep18feb

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Okay, I am going to throw this out there and keep names quiet.

Was speaking with a Lambo Sales person not too long ago, said they were having their best year ever. Used cars come in, can mark them up as much as they want (well, you know what I mean) and they're sold very quickly. Also mentioned that they're not supposed to sell new cars above MSRP.

So, that being said. With the apparent margins being made in the used car market, are dealerships not inclined to push for more allocations for new builds since the margins may not be as great?
Seems counter-intuitive to me. Most people trading in a Lambo are getting another one. I would venture to say if you can't get an allocation you're holding on to the Lambo you already have. I know of several on here doing that right now. Cars in - cars out.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
^^That seems like sound advice. Like everyone on this forum I hate to lose money but I am not in this hobby to make money but then again if I can indulge said hobby + make money......I have no problem with that either. Sort of like having your cake and................well, you’ll know. ;)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
I think the dealership are pushing for allocations but demand is so extraordinarily high there are just not enough to go around............at least for the time being. As with all markets what goes up must come down, as @Huracaan eluded to above. Though, my hope is that the 10- and 12-Cylinder NA Lamborghinis’ will hold their value better over time.

Reactions: UR 55

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems counter-intuitive to me. Most people trading in a Lambo are getting another one. I would venture to say if you can't get an allocation you're holding on to the Lambo you already have. I know of several on here doing that right now. Cars in - cars out.
Yes, holding on to my car though it is listed for sale, though a tough sale since it's a TT Spyder. Guess that statement is somewhat contradictive. Seems the Perf wagon is full, driving its price to stupid highs.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Last thing you want to do is pay over MSRP for a non-limited car. You don't want to be caught with your pants down once production ramps up and allocations start flowing agian.
I sure do agree with that which is why I figured I'd go ahead and place an order (at least put down a deposit for a spot in line), not over pay for it and most importantly get the spec I want.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
I just talked to my SA and unfortunately they did not get any allocations this month. He also added that for the first time there are transportation issues so there are builds ready to go that are now just sitting at the factory because vessels are unavailable. Now I have to pray that they get two allocations in December so that mine is picked up and I don’t want it to get pushed too far, especially until August when everything shuts down!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts