Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To date I have put 2k miles on the new evo as a daily driver. It has performed beautifully and I love it. Over the weekend added my first two "mods" to the car to make it alittle more 'daily'.

First is a Hornady gun safe. Fits beautifully between the passenger seat and center console and has worked well. Super easy install. Disclaimer: Obviously this is not meant as a political post about gun safety, but it is legal to carry this way in my state and I do have a concealed permit.

. safe 1.jpg safe 2.jpg safe 3.jpg

Second is a Valentine 1 gen 2 hardwire to the homelink system near the map lights. Also not a hard install. The v1g2 comes with a hardwire kit. Spliced the wires into connection pins then heatshrinked to prevent thermal spread. (Had to downsize the initial pins hence the different color heatshrink). Plenty of room in the headliner to easily stash the plug box transformer and run the flat telephone cord to the front window and down to the unit. Took alittle juryrig using the mount with some computer wire ties to the rearview and a block of black foam to help secure it but ended up with a clean finish. No electrical issues or excess heat in a week of running it like this. automatically starts and stops with the engine.

v1-1.jpg v1-2.jpg v1-3.jpg v1-4.jpg

Of note, with the tint on the windows neither is visible from the outside.

Cheers,

·
Registered
308 Posts
To date I have put 2k miles on the new evo as a daily driver. It has performed beautifully and I love it. Over the weekend added my first two "mods" to the car to make it alittle more 'daily'.

First is a Hornady gun safe. Fits beautifully between the passenger seat and center console and has worked well. Super easy install. Disclaimer: Obviously this is not meant as a political post about gun safety, but it is legal to carry this way in my state and I do have a concealed permit.

. View attachment 291760 View attachment 291761 View attachment 291762

Second is a Valentine 1 gen 2 hardwire to the homelink system near the map lights. Also not a hard install. The v1g2 comes with a hardwire kit. Spliced the wires into connection pins then heatshrinked to prevent thermal spread. (Had to downsize the initial pins hence the different color heatshrink). Plenty of room in the headliner to easily stash the plug box transformer and run the flat telephone cord to the front window and down to the unit. Took alittle juryrig using the mount with some computer wire ties to the rearview and a block of black foam to help secure it but ended up with a clean finish. No electrical issues or excess heat in a week of running it like this. automatically starts and stops with the engine.

View attachment 291763 View attachment 291764 View attachment 291765 View attachment 291766

Of note, with the tint on the windows neither is visible from the outside.

Cheers,
Nice mods!
FYI, you live in a restrictive state. My state not only allow hand guns in vehicles, we are permitted to shoot at road signs, as long as its out of city limits.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Nice job but I find it easier to hardwire my detector straight to fuse panel in passenger side footwell. Very easy to hide cord under headliner and trim and took less than 10 minutes. I looked into a mirror mount but didn't like how it blocked blocked my view and prefer putting it up higher using a suction cup mount. These new mounts are much better than what they use to be and have never had it fall

Reactions: jdkevo

·
Registered
2020 Huracan EVO RWD
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job but I find it easier to hardwire my detector straight to fuse panel in passenger side footwell. Very easy to hide cord under headliner and trim and took less than 10 minutes. I looked into a mirror mount but didn't like how it blocked blocked my view and prefer putting it up higher using a suction cup mount. These new mounts are much better than what they use to be and have never had it fall
To be honest I didn't realize there was a fusebox in the passenger footwell. something to think about for next time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts