Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to pull the trigger, essentially I prefer the look of the Diablo than the Aventador.
Im still not decided if buy an Aventador or a diablo, budget about 240K eur

My concern about Diablo is:

If somepiece fail, doe lambo sells spare parts ?, original, as Diablos are 100% lambo, at least up until 1996

Say something broke, can it be replaced ?

As for the rest, maintenance differances between a Diablo and an Aventador would be nice to know about, if any ?

Im in EU

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
It's part of the fun... Never know are parts available or not, so generally we do not brake them. But look it this way; some day Aventador parts are also NLA and old "analog" Diablo are starting to look more appealing

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,578 Posts
Goodyes, in many ways this is an apples to oranges comparison. Diablo‘s are entering classic territory and will require maintenance while Aventador‘s are new/newer and frankly more reliably built under Audis ownership. That said, I agree with you that the Diablo has more exotic feel and frankly that’s what I prefer myself. If you check out this forum you will see work is being done to various Diablos and where spare parts can be had. there are multiple suppliers of both OEM parts and remanufactured available for Diablos. Lamborghini like any small volume car manufacture did not make their own parts in very many cases, they purchased from vendors. This makes cross-referencing some parts easy but other parts costly. you just have to search and investigate supplies and suppliers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The only thing that used to concern me when I owned my Diablo SV was potential failure of the ECU (s) because as I understood it it they were impossible to replace with OEM...

I would take any Diablo over an early Aventador all day long.

Later variants like SVJ maybe not, but then there really is no comparison price-wise...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Even if the ECU fails - there are now aftermarket solutions that could be programmed to work. The good news is that parts are relatively simply, so even some NLA parts can be recreated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quite a few diablo parts are shared with other manufacturers which makes things easier and often a non OEM part functions just as well, so you can actually save quite a lot of money on some replacement parts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts