Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys,

Many threads on this Aventador 'ESC fault' but cannot find the right direction to tackle mine..
2016 Av coupe, last year got some on/off 'ESC Fault' but since battery was on its last days I have fitted new gel battery and the ESCfault Problem hasn't been noticed since then but to be honest I havent driven the car that much... recently had done some other work on the car (nothing major and not impacting any of this) and now the 'ESC fault' light is popping again, few times the TPMS light come on as well, and few other times (less and randomly) while i was stoped in a light in Neutral when pressed the paddle to engage 1st Gear, it just didnt move from N and had to restart engine - once it restart by itself and got the embarrassment of forcing everyone behind to miss on light turn. Just hope is nothing severe but would like to hear other members with more Bull experience.
I just bought a Launch X431Pro S5 OBD2 reader to start tracking /deleting this errors but seems something is not right...

True to be said I had some issue with one new P-Zero tyre (losing air) and the wheel specific sensor (not the TPMS light) few times warned me I needed to pump air which was needed but dont think thats related.. Car is not connected to tender / batt maintainer but engines starts ok and voltage goes up to 14V after few seconds..

ESC Fault issue always impacted me when I aimed a gear change (only from N to 1st gear) and this always happen in Sports mode coming from stand still.

I am obviously loving the car but this toys are like dating a Vitoria secret Angelo /super model - alot of drama, they require daily attention and full dedication!! Never checked and inflated air in my car tyre all my life past 12 with this Av..

Anyhow any suggestions is warmly welcome! - thanks guys!

Speedometer Odometer Car Trip computer Gauge

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Not keeping a car on a battery tender + multiple weird lights makes me think your battery maybe, again, in need of replacing.

Ofcourse the voltage you see on the car goes up to 14V when its running because the alternator is charging the battery.

Your TPMS thing sounds like you really are losing air in that tire.

I'd start with

1. Get a battery tender

2. Connect my new battery tender to my new battery

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not keeping a car on a battery tender + multiple weird lights makes me think your battery maybe, again, in need of replacing.

Ofcourse the voltage you see on the car goes up to 14V when its running because the alternator is charging the battery.

Your TPMS thing sounds like you really are losing air in that tire.

I'd start with

1. Get a battery tender

2. Connect my new battery tender to my new battery

I have been trying to find a portable batt maintainer since I dont have power sockets in garage (impossible to bring power there...) , have been trying to purchase the CTEK CS Free one but they only ship within the US, looking for similar product alternatives - hoping that device does the battery maintainer job and not just jump start...

·
Registered
467 Posts
These cars have quite a high parasitic draw, if it isnt being driven regularly then it will chuck up all sorts of errors once the voltage starts dropping.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am aware but its just not possible to do this where I currently live. Anyways, I am getting today a new AMG 60 battery to see if the problem goes away.... voltage with engine off showing 11.5V but now even the door window engines struggle to open/close window (testing with engine off)

There are a ton of solar options out there.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Unfortunately, I bet you will get these problems repeatedly. And if your supercapacitor drains, it may be an even bigger hassle.

Nevertheless, good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts