Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of the uncomfortable working position when doing engine work, so I build this. It made access easy to even the deepest parts of the engine 😊
The filter box have to be removed first to fit the “table”

Attachments

·
Registered
851 Posts
I like it! When I was installing my carbon fiber engine bay panels I was on top of the cross brace above the exhaust like some sort of monkey messing around with the mounting hardware. This setup would have made that job a lot easier :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's great! I'd love to see a pic of you actually lying on it, but I can see how it would help to reach everything.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's a GREAT idea for us "oldies"!

Would love to know the dimensions and if you had a list of lengths of wood and parts, etc., available to buy to make it?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can you make me one for my Spyder? Kidding of course, just wish something like that was an option for the Spyder, I find even checking the oil dipstick is a pain.

·
Vendor
2,345 Posts
Very, very cool!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
Great idea! I use a 3' step stool or a little 12"x12" x 1-foot high platform, neither of which are optimal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't tell me you were replacing the small water line in front of the engine ?

No, took of the cam covers and the intake to paint them. They were so corroded. And to clean the top of the block.
It was a lot of work, but engine looks so much nicer now. Have driven from Sweden to the Lamborghini factory and back, and it seems like I got everything back together as it was suppose to
What’s the story with the small waterlines you mentioned?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is what I use. Available on amazon. Works great..

Traxion 3-100 Foldable Topside Creeper
$194.42

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Very smart! When I was deep in the recesses of my Diablo my knees were on one header and toes on the other, kneeling sideways with towels folded to help my knees not be so painful, and very careful not to have a toe hit a fuel or vacuum line or plug wire. Thought very hard about a lay down extension ladder straddling the engine bay with thin plywood sheet on top. Yours is quite nicely done and looks like it minimizes fatigue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
It's a GREAT idea for us "oldies"!

Would love to know the dimensions and if you had a list of lengths of wood and parts, etc., available to buy to make it?
Here you have a few drawings. Looong time since I did drawings last time, so they probably ain’t according to all the drawing rules, and a little up side down. But you should get an idea about how to build it.
I attached the legs with hinges to make it foldable.
And as you can see I live in Sweden ;)

LamboBord.jpg

LamboBord_1.jpg

LamboBord_2.jpg

·
Vendor
2,345 Posts
Here you have a few drawings. Looong time since I did drawings last time, so they probably ain’t according to all the drawing rules, and a little up side down. But you should get an idea about how to build it.
And as you can see I live in Sweden ;)
Awesome! Thank you. I linked pics to make them larger so you don't have to click or be logged in to see them when on a computer :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And as you can see I live in Sweden /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/wink.gif
Awesome! Thank you. I linked pics to make them larger so you don't have to click or be logged in to see them when on a computer /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/smile.gif

Yeah, I had a nightmare uploading the pictures.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts