Lamborghini Talk banner

Enjoy The Ride and Make the Most of It!

2K views 48 replies 7 participants last post by  Lambo2018 
#1 · (Edited)
We all know time is fleeting and precious. I was further reminded of that when I watched this video clip from 1902. To give people perspective everyone that was living on earth when this was filmed has passed, that is, the earths entire population. Another interesting fact for every living soul there are 15 souls that have passed.
Therefore, embrace, appreciate and treasure what you have; take nothing for granted and find joy in everything you do. Every sunrise, sunset and everything in between.

#2 ·
That was interesting especially when I saw the guy on his iphone! All kidding aside it is a funny feeling to think that the entire population from that time is gone. The older we get the more that hits home.

Reactions: Lambo2018
#6 ·
Wow...... Thank you so much for sharing.
To learn more about the original film and how it was made back in 1902, click here:

#7 ·
Wow...... Thank you so much for sharing.
I relate everything to music and a song that encapsulates the human condition poignantly is the song Reflections of My Life, and the lyrics Sunlight to Moonlight….youth to old age. That does not in any way diminish life’s beauty but emphasizes it. Seize the moment, the here and now!

The changing of sunlight to moonlight
Reflections of my life
Oh, how they fill my eyes

#10 ·
We all know time is fleeting and precious. I was further reminded of that when I watched this video clip from 1902. To give people perceptive everyone that was living on earth when this was filmed has passed, that is, the earths entire population. Another interesting fact for every living soul there are 15 souls that have passed.
Therefore, embrace, appreciate and treasure what you have; take nothing for granted and find joy in everything you do. Every sunrise, sunset and everything in between.
It's cool to see that invention still last until today 118 years later. It's like the current monorail except that the Germans invented it many many years ago.

Imagine if there is no WWI and WWII, lots of things would have been invented by now to improve human life. A lot of good invention happened when people are relaxed (Newton, Einstein, etc). I don't think cold fusion or flux capacitor is impossible. A lot of things invented back then during the war were made in pressing times for the purpose of eliminating human lives.

#11 ·
Certainly wars yield nothing positive especially in terms of the loss of human life then add to that the wasted resources that could have been used to improve the world.

Though, not so sure about a flux capacitor but they maybe could have used some of those saved resources to make a few more Back To the Future installments. ;)

#12 ·
Certainly wars yield nothing positive especially in terms of the loss of human life then add to that the wasted resources that could have been used to improve the world.

Though, not so sure about a flux capacitor but they maybe could have used some of those saved resources to make a few more Back To the Future installments. ;)
I think a lot of research looks impossible on math because we assume the laws work the same across universe. One day when we can travel outside of our galaxy or when that other galaxies warps near us without messing with our gravity, some of that impossible equation will become possible. And yes, I'd like more Back To the Future installments :D

#13 ·
@Sakura I hear you but I believe time travel only resides in the realm of fantasy. Though, wouldn't it be great if it was possible. I guess the Temporal Paradox of going back and time and killing ones parents makes it an unlikely occurrence unless as one writer put it a "time traveler can do anything that did happen, but can't do anything that didn't happen". Then there is the Fermi Paradox, if time travel is possible were are all the visitors from the future?

#19 ·
@Sakura, here is a brief discussion of time travel that although, not exhaustive, is well described, scientifically based, and a fun read.

#23 ·
Hawaii is beautiful no doubt but my personality would make it hard for me to live there. It would be too confining, and I am not a surfer. I know I am an outlier in that regard. Now if you said Texas without cops then again it would not be my cup of tea but a place where we have police with areas they don't routinely patrol...........hmmmmmmm............let me think, oh yeh the back roads........of Texas!

Attachments

#24 ·
Nice Sakura, I am just glad to see there was a light at the end of the tunnel!

Reactions: Sakura
#26 ·
It turns out the the Autobahn has fewer deaths per 100,000 drivers than in the US. They account for the lower deaths by the more rigorous licensing requirements that can take up to 6 months to satisfy and costs about $2,000. The Germans are just better drivers because of the high standards that must be met for licensing.
I would love to have an autobahn here in the states if that means more rigorous drivers license requirements so be it.

#30 ·
I have slowly gotten to the point where I won’t even answer my phone while I’m driving, especially while in the Lambo.

#36 · (Edited)
@Sakura, we indeed can peer into the past, and in fact, nightly. Each time we gaze into the night sky we don’t see things as they are but rather as they were. In essence, we see into the past and in some cases with the right telescope we can gaze deeply into the long distant past. The Hubble telescope has identified a star, a star that is the most distant one recorded to date, that is, 9 billion light year from earth. It’s been named MACS J1149+2223 Lensed Star 1. Or to its friends as Icarus. Therefore, time travel, of sorts, is indeed possible. The only question that remains is when can I pick up my Nobel? ;)

Attachments

#39 ·
@Sakura, we indeed can peer into the past, and in fact, nightly. Each time we gaze into the night sky we don’t see things as they are but rather as they were. In essence, we see into the past and in some cases with the right telescope we can gaze deeply into the long distant past. The Hubble telescope has identified a star, a star that is the most distant one recorded to date, that is, 9 billion light year from earth. It’s been named MACS J1149+2223 Lensed Star 1. Or to its friends as Icarus. Therefore, time travel, of sorts, is indeed possible. ;) The only question that remains is when can I pick up my Nobel?
It's not really a time travel but I see what you meant:) If you delve deeper I think you can produce a very interesting theoretical physics.

What I understand is both events progress at the same time in the same timeline. It is just the delay in data transmission due to distance. Just like the delay when we talk over the phone. Or when looking at an old photograph.

#45 ·
After having Lamborghinis I could never go back to Porsche. There was a time when my world was all Porsche and it was fun for that time, but now I am spoiled rotten!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.