Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had to replace the O2 sensors on my 04 G a few times over the years due to deleted cats and LOC exhaust. Never any issues replacing. However, after replacing Bank 1 Sensor 1 yesterday, the "1-5" CEL error code went away so there are no errors but the engine itself is still acting the way it did with the bad sensor(rough sounding/idling). I know that sometimes it can take a few starts or unplugging the battery in order to get the CEL error code to go away but what about the function of the engine itself getting "reset" after replacing a sensor? I did unplug the battery for about 10 minutes and that didn't change anything so I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on what, if anything, I should do?
The O2 sensor I replaced was pre-cat on the passenger side which I'm fairly certain is Bank 1 Sensor 1...?
I wasn't sure if I should just take it for a spin in hopes of the engine smoothing out?

·
Vendor
1,596 Posts
Has the exhaust temp sensor kit ever been changed, they are so common to go bad especially on the 04's. The new kit replaces both sensors and the ECU. I have sold more than 100 of these over the years

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has the exhaust temp sensor kit ever been changed, they are so common to go bad especially on the 04's. The new kit replaces both sensors and the ECU. I have sold more than 100 of these over the years
No it hasn't and this is the first I'm hearing about an exhaust temp sensor. But if it is replacing the ECU's then it is terribly expensive and I already have flash upgraded the ECU's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts