Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo, 2017 C7 Z06
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am wondering if anyone noticed when switching between modes, the engine tune did not change at all?

At the dealer, I started the car and switched from Strada to Sport and the engine did not change tune. Thing to note, the car was low on fuel and had the light on.

I started it again about 10 minutes later and switched modes, that time it definitely changed sound and became louder. However, the next day it stayed quiet again.

The car is at the dealer still getting PPF done, so I can't confirm if that was because of the low gas.

Thanks for our help!

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Doubt it had anything to do with low fuel. Might have been because car started up in cold start mode which is louder so switching modes would probably make no sound difference

·
Registered
385 Posts
👍

Cold start = exhaust valves wide open ...
Well, i don't know about US cars, but european models (starting with MY21) have the valves closed during cold start.

But closed or open, during cold start switching mode doesn't change anything regarding the sound.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Doubt it had anything to do with low fuel. Might have been because car started up in cold start mode which is louder so switching modes would probably make no sound difference
Agree. At cold start valves open and loud. After the valves close there is a definite change is sound and RPMs from Strada to either Sport or Corsa.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I'm assuming the 2022 EVO is the same as the STO. The valves stay closed in all modes until 5K RPM.
Havent heard that but would suck, can anyone with a 2022 comment? Albert?

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Where's Albert when you need him?

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo, 2017 C7 Z06
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Havent heard that but would suck, can anyone with a 2022 comment? Albert?
I don't think this is the case as the second time I started it, the tone definitely changed... became very noticeable going from Strada to sport. This would not have happened if the valves were designed to stay closed up to 5k.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Reactions: Serg A.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ah OK - is that beginning of manufacture ?

I have UK spec RWD delivered Oct '21 and can confirm it is as loud as hell on cold starts
Then you got a MY22, glad you can confirm it's loud in sport / corsa, so not the same as with the STO.

... just look inside the exhaust during cold start, you can see the flaps are closed during that time. On MY20 they are open .. that's loud as hell ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Need someone with a 2022 to let car run for a minute to make sure out of cold start and then switch out of strada and look to see if valves are open

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Gentlemen, what do you think I am omnipresent? Here is a quiz, a multiple choice question, for my learned colleagues. How does one get @Lambo2018's attention?
A. Smoke signals
B. Moss code
C. PM
D. None of the above
The correct answer is PM, you guessed it Private Message!!!!

I haven't got around to having my copilot check the valves on a cold start for the 2022 yet (as I did for the 2021 at the request of Leon) but I mentioned this before my 2022 is louder than my 2021 was, and it may be related to the valves opening earlier but I haven't had time to test it yet. I will try to do that later today. Regarding the 2022 it's significantly louder than my 2021 and another observation my 2021 shifted a little rough in automatic but my 2022 is way smoother. I have no explanation for the later although there are few possibilities either Lamborghini made some improvements or maybe my 2021 wasn't up to snuff. Overall my 2022 is way better performer than my 2021, and as I have mentioned, the engine note is much more impressive.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts