Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had first service at 2500kms where they had to fill up engine oil which was missing (around 3kg). now, at about 4900 kms, 2400kms after i had to refill oil again, this time around 4kg!! My car is using too much oil! The dealer said this should stop in a while...any other of you experiencing the same problem?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went through a quart/liter in about 600mi.
I have been driving hard with occasional runs to the redline but no track driving or abuse. I have 1100miles on the car.
I wish there was a better way to measure. I hate waiting 2 minutes holdiong the revs at 2000rpm. My old Porsche Turbo had a dry sump and Porsche was able to make a guage that would read out when warm and after 15 secs of idling.
No other dry sump car I ever had needed 2 mins of high idling!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I can't think of any way to know for sure if Oil Consumption will go down without more miles & more checks on consumption per 1000Kms. Also I reccomen you don't fill to the MAX Line, as the engine can blow some oil out the blowby during spirited driving. Try keeping the level a little below MAX to prevent this and paint a more usable picture.

You could do a Cyliner Leakage test! You should have no more than 3% leakage on any cylinder on your new engine. Anything over 5% on a new engine would bother me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just came back from the dealer after a further 1700kms. 2kg of oil missing! So far from new i have added 10kg of oil in 6700kms. CAR IS GOING ON OIL INSTEAD OF FUEL!! Dealer said if oil consumption stays at this rate at 10,000kms (i.e. in another 2500kms more or less) he will change the engine!!!!! :eek:

what do u guys think??

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Can't you bring it to the factory for a check?
Well, I forgot it's an Audi engine :p they know only italian V12 down there :kiss:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts